• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    Got A couple new lights from Fenix hitting the shelf on Tuesday!

The PD22 Ultimate edition is a 510 lumen light from a tiny package. Uses a single CR123a!

Fenix PD22 Ultimate Edition

And for Rhino... They basically made the famous PD35 USB rechargeable. It's call the UC35, and comes ready to go with a 18650 cell and 960 lumens of output!

Fenix UC35

These have shipped to us already and should be here Tuesday!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'd be heating my house and trying to obscure the sun with it by now. Maybe a shadow puppet show on a full moon would be in order?

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Yeah, I am a slacker. I need to run an errand later today. Maybe I can turn off my headlights and duct tape it to the fender for a test. :)

The UC35 is basically a PD35 that you can recharge via USB so I expect it to have about the same life. My PD35 lasts a weekend (Friday night through Sunday noon) winter camping. I use it on power setting #3 most of the time with short uses of #5 Turbo when needed and short uses of #1 low inside the tent. Not exactly a controlled scientific study but my criteria is "will it last for the whole campout" and it does as long as I am not using the turbo mode exclusively. Winter camping is hard on flashlights, the cold just drains the batteries faster than in the summer.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have two of the cheap Chinese CREE's, on on the nightstand the other in the pocket with the spare mag, small and bright, powerful light.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I Have changed my EDC from a 350 lumen tactical multifunction light using two cr123s to an Energizer single AA tactical light. Output is down to 84 lumens but it is plenty. I can still light up the side of my barn 50-60 yards away and see out to 80 yards.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'm going to throw this out there, and maybe get flamed for it.

First, buy the Cadillac light that the others recommend. Then, get about 10 or 15 of these Mini Cree's and spread them around everywhere. One in every room, garage, car, desk at work, wife's purse, etc. No, they're not perfect quality; sometimes you'll get one where a switch won't work, or it will break quickly. And they take a couple of weeks to ship from China. But they're so cheap that you almost can't go wrong with them.

^^^ This.

And don't buy the "most lumens you can afford," unless you are hunting coyotes at night. Anything much over 300 lumens can be just as disorienting to you as the other guy if you're inside.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    ^^^ This.

And don't buy the "most lumens you can afford," unless you are hunting coyotes at night. Anything much over 300 lumens can be just as disorienting to you as the other guy if you're inside.
    I disagree. My 960 lumens doesn't bother me indoors unless I look right into the beam.

Top Bottom