• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I bought two new Fenix lights from led warehouse, PD22UE and UC35. Amazing lights. I didn't realize you could have a carry flashlight that could illuminate 100+yards (PD22UE, the UC35 is more like 200 yards). I had been carrying penlights and such because I didn't realize how far flashlights had advanced. Now I don't know how/why I ever lived without them.

JadedGrunt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I carry a Surefire Fury. 500 high 15 low. Tailcap you can press and hold half-way to keep the light on and let go to turn it off, push until it clicks to keep it on. I had an EB1 before this one, but the focus of the beam was so tight that I had nearly no vision of anything outside of it. With the Fury, it just torches my whole back yard and still has good throw. I like the size of it too, a little bigger than the EB1 but it's not too big to pocket carry. That said, I wear mine on my belt in a Surefire Speed Holster right next to my mag pouch.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    How do most of you carry your EDC light? Holster on your belt? Pocket? Leave it in your car? Fanny pack? Man purse?

High Speed Gear TACO mag pouch with Fenix PD35 2014 edition on belt
    Wilderness Gear horizontal nylon pouch on rear of belt with Fenix PD32 UE as a spare (tailcap is unscrewed to preserve the batteries)
    Fenix PD35 original version clipped in left fron pocket
    Fenix PD22 UE hanging on chain next to neck knife
    Streanlight Microstream in t-shirt pocket
    A couple of tiny keychain lights on neck chain with whistle and religious medals

There might be one or two others.

I don't like the dark.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Wilderness Gear horizontal nylon pouch on rear of belt with Fenix PD32 UE as a spare (tailcap is unscrewed to preserve the batteries)
    A couple of tiny keychain lights on neck chain with whistle and religious medals

I don't like the dark.

So you carry all of those at the same time? What's your battery budget every month?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So you carry all of those at the same time? What's your battery budget every month?

Yep, but they don't all get used very often.

I have not counted how many batteries I use in a month. I am experimenting with a couple of rechargeables, though. The Fenix UC30 is awesome and it rides on the bag I carry around with me all the time. Once I learn to trust it, it will go in my pocket to replace the older PD35 as my primary light. I also have a Nitecore MH12, which on paper is the equivalent of the UC30. It not as bright (even though it's advertised with 40 more lumens) and it quit working, so it's currently getting some repairs.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I have been very pleased with my Surefire E2D LED Defender. I have had it with me everywhere for probably the last 5 or 6 years. Sometimes I get panicked when I reach down and it's not there. I have lost it several times, but have been blessed to always find it. I have a habit of reaching down to feel for it every so often. The pocket clip is nice, but I do sometimes wish it carried deeper in the pocket so it wouldn't fall out so easy or get striped out when I go for my keys.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    How do most of you carry your EDC light? Holster on your belt? Pocket? Leave it in your car? Fanny pack? Man purse?

I carry a Streamlight Microstream. Method depends on what I'm wearing. At work/church it's always in my left front pocket with my multi-tool. For non-work occasions it's clipped to the edge of my front left pocket. If I am working in the yard or somewhere I'll be on the ground or moving around a lot I put it in my left chest pocket which has a flap covering it with a button.

I don't like the dark.

I imagine you wearing a trench coat that rattles as you walk because of all your gear.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What happened to the Quark / FourSevens line of AA flashlights? I see LED Wharehouse has an older one on clearance, but that's it.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    What happened to the Quark / FourSevens line of AA flashlights? I see LED Wharehouse has an older one on clearance, but that's it.

Short version: 47's had a patent infringement, so they had to change their design on them. There is a new version out, but they retail for $50 and are only two mode lights, very similar to the Fenix E series of lights, which are far less than $50. So, at this time we have decided not to stock the new 47's lights. If someone wanted one, I'd be happy to order one in for you.

They are supposed to come out with a newer version yet, but I don't have any details on them or a time frame.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Short version: 47's had a patent infringement, so they had to change their design on them. There is a new version out, but they retail for $50 and are only two mode lights, very similar to the Fenix E series of lights, which are far less than $50. So, at this time we have decided not to stock the new 47's lights. If someone wanted one, I'd be happy to order one in for you.

They are supposed to come out with a newer version yet, but I don't have any details on them or a time frame.

Two things I didn't like about the 47 QP2A - no memory and it hid from me. Otherwise I loved it and miss it so very much.

I need a replacement, so perhaps a Fenix.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I got to handle a Nitecore P12 at the last gun show and man did I fall in love with it. Very simple UI and a decent online price of around 50 dollars. They were 100 at the gun show lol. I like that it uses 18650s. My favorite cell and they are cheap. Having 1000 lumens for a tactical light with momentary is nice. I will still carry a smaller light for general lighting.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I got to handle a Nitecore P12 at the last gun show and man did I fall in love with it. Very simple UI and a decent online price of around 50 dollars. They were 100 at the gun show lol. I like that it uses 18650s. My favorite cell and they are cheap. Having 1000 lumens for a tactical light with momentary is nice. I will still carry a smaller light for general lighting.
    I looked it up, wanted to know what it takes as fuel.

From Amazon:
    Batteries Required Y
    Gee, thanks for that wisdom. :n00b:

EDIT: 18650, huh? Never heard of it.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I looked it up, wanted to know what it takes as fuel.

From Amazon:

Gee, thanks for that wisdom. :n00b:

EDIT: 18650, huh? Never heard of it.

Lol. I got some 18650s and some 16340s straight from Fenix when I bought some lights. Not cheap, but I know how expensive these Li-ion batteries can be since my better half has about 8000 for her epipe. Good thing she already had plenty of chargers :D

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Getting 18650s online is relatively cheap. You don't have to get name brand batteries for performance. You can get 18650s for the price of two primary cr123s. And use them for years by recharging.

Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'd like an EDC that isn't too bulky to slip into jeans pockets. I love my Fenix PD35, but the length and diameter aren't the most comfy for pocket carry. Anything in the 150-200 lumen range that would work better?

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    I'd like an EDC that isn't too bulky to slip into jeans pockets. I love my Fenix PD35, but the length and diameter aren't the most comfy for pocket carry. Anything in the 150-200 lumen range that would work better?

PD22 would be shorter and has a little smaller diameter. There's also an ultimate edition with a higher output

Fenix PD22 Gen 2
    and
    Fenix PD22 Ultimate Edition

The preon 2 is roughly the size of an ink pen.

Preon 2 Gen 2 BLACK

Top Bottom