• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    Looks like a new Surefire pricing change coming at the end of the month..... New dealer price will be 10% less than the Surefire website. (Example. X300 ultra is now $209. New price will be $269)

So, if you were thinking about a new Surefire, August might be the time to buy!

We have a pretty good selection on hand. Surefire

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    Probably not the best solution, but it's on my belt with my Leatherman every day.

NDUwLDYwMCxBQUFBQUNBREtnUTEtNA2

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'm going to throw this out there, and maybe get flamed for it.

First, buy the Cadillac light that the others recommend. Then, get about 10 or 15 of these Mini Cree's and spread them around everywhere. One in every room, garage, car, desk at work, wife's purse, etc. No, they're not perfect quality; sometimes you'll get one where a switch won't work, or it will break quickly. And they take a couple of weeks to ship from China. But they're so cheap that you almost can't go wrong with them.

^^^ THIS

Also, if it is a home defense light, get it out and then turn out all your lights. (At night.) Then wait a few minutes for your eyes to adjust, and shine the light on the wall. If you find yourself blinded by the light reflecting off the wall, then it is too bright for indoor use. 100 or 200 lumens will be PLENTY to blind someone sneaking around in the dark. Shine a billion-lumen flashlight inside your house at night and everyone in the room will be blind.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    100-200 may well be enough but as LED tech continues it's onward advance virtually ALL of your top-tier makers (Surefire, Malkoff, ArmyTek, etc.) are making HIGHER and HIGHER bottom end floors for lumens on their main lights. Its looking like 300-500 is becoming the "new 100-200".

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Blinding yourself with your own light is more of a function of proximity to reflective surfaces and less than optimal technique than it is how bright your light is. If you're right next to a mirror or glossy white wall and you shine your light at it near eye level, a 120 lumen light is going to cause you trouble too. The solution is try not to do that, not carry a light that is so wimpy it can't produce enough light to bother you.

I'd rather have as much light available as possible and accept that I need to manage it properly.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Blinding yourself with your own light is more of a function of proximity to reflective surfaces and less than optimal technique than it is how bright your light is. If you're right next to a mirror or glossy white wall and you shine your light at it near eye level, a 120 lumen light is going to cause you trouble too. The solution is try not to do that, not carry a light that is so wimpy it can't produce enough light to bother you.

I'd rather have as much light available as possible and accept that I need to manage it properly.

Good point!

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I agree.

I simply aim my light at the far less reflective floor before I splash it up at the wall any. It helps to have a nice light with a beautiful room filling spill like the Malkoff M61.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Another thing you can do with a very bright light is get a look at an entire room by hitting the ceiling with your beam. Sometimes you need a quick look at everything at once.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Battery Junction has Titanium Innovations cr123A 1400mAh 3v batteries in stock. Prices are-1-11-$1.00 ea; 12-49-$0.98 ea etc. price per battery drops in relation to quantity. Also, if you place an order, use code THANKU5 for additional 5% discount

I have ordered from BJ before and shipping is pretty fast. They are in Connecticut. I recently ordered a flashlight from them and it quit working after about 2 months. Called and was given an RMA. Was also told light was out of warranty. I failed to notice that after receiving the RMA, I had a time limit to send the flashlight back. So flashlight arrived at BJ on a Monday and had a brand new flashlight on Thursday. I was late on the warranty and in returning the light but they still chose to honor the warranty and forgive me for my tardiness. Excellent customer service. One last comment. The owner answers the phone and speaks to you directly.

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Does anyone know if there is a belt holster for a Fenix PD-35 that has Velcro on the belt loop ? There are times during the day when I want to take my light off and it's a pain to have to undo my belt to slide the light holster off. I had one for a Maglite I used to carry, but the Fenix is too big for it.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Does anyone know if there is a belt holster for a Fenix PD-35 that has Velcro on the belt loop ? There are times during the day when I want to take my light off and it's a pain to have to undo my belt to slide the light holster off. I had one for a Maglite I used to carry, but the Fenix is too big for it.

I have this: http://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-be...8382&sr=8-1&keywords=fenix+flashlight+holster

I've only worn it once (in-pocket clip carry is much more preferable in my everyday environment), and it was a bit of a pain to get the holster off the belt, but that could be mitigated by a belt smaller than 1.75"...the cool part is the fact that it rotates, so you could have your light secured at your waist with hands free. It's also relatively inexpensive, and easy to remove the light from the holster.

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Take a look at Fenix lights. I've used a PD-32 for several years and have loved it. When it's time for a new light I'll get another Fenix.

...also love that it can use both regular or rechargeable batteries. ...and that the rechargeable battery life is super good.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I have this: http://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-be...8382&sr=8-1&keywords=fenix+flashlight+holster

I've only worn it once (in-pocket clip carry is much more preferable in my everyday environment), and it was a bit of a pain to get the holster off the belt, but that could be mitigated by a belt smaller than 1.75"...the cool part is the fact that it rotates, so you could have your light secured at your waist with hands free. It's also relatively inexpensive, and easy to remove the light from the holster.

That's awesome. Thanks. Ordering as we speak.

Top Bottom