• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Where did you go out from - harbor, marina, etc. ?

We have been going with a charter owner from our area here in IN. This is his 37th year and not sure how much longer he will do it. So always interested in hearing about other good charters just in case he retires.
    John runs out of Channel Grove marina on Marblehead.

Wanna Walleye Charters
    John Probst III
    740-225-1676
    jpfish34@gmail.com

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Our Conservation Club put on a Youth Fishing Derby today from 9 till 1. 51 children attended with 135 fish caught. All fishing was done from shore or crowded piers. 10 trophies given for various fish and quantity. Busy day keeping up. Hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and refreshments. All participating also got a fishing lure ink pen that were a big hit.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I'm curious what the preferred knot type is for attaching a lure to the line. I use what I believe to be a cinch knot. I know the palomar knot is very common, just curious what the INGO consensus is?

sailordave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2016
    North Porter County
    I'm curious what the preferred knot type is for attaching a lure to the line. I use what I believe to be a cinch knot. I know the palomar knot is very common, just curious what the INGO consensus is?
    I like the palomar knot. It's easy to tie and doesn't cut through itself.

The picture in my profile is a 36 inch chinook salmon from Lake Michigan. They're right up near shore earlier in the year. It was funny watching my cat in the backyard. He would give it a lick and then stare at it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    For lures I use the improved clinch knot.
    I'm glad you posted this. I had to go look and see what I was actually tying. It turns out I'm actually using the improved clinch knot. I've never really had an issue with it. Typically my line will break before the knot fails. According to the chart below, I should probably try a stronger knot. I kinda wonder who much difference it really makes when fishing for bass in Indiana. I can imagine it might make a big difference if I were fishing large game in saltwater.
    I like the palomar knot. It's easy to tie and doesn't cut through itself.
    After watching a couple videos, I think the palomar might be easier (quicker) to tie than my improved clinch knot.

I appreciate the replies!

bold115uc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2024
    Milan
    The picture in my profile is a 36 inch chinook salmon from Lake Michigan. They're right up near shore earlier in the year. It was funny watching my cat in the backyard. He would give it a lick and then stare at it.
    That’s a heck of a catch, bet that cooked up real nice. If your backyard backs right up to the lake then consider me jealous.

bold115uc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2024
    Milan
    After watching a couple videos, I think the palomar might be easier (quicker) to tie than my improved clinch knot.

I appreciate the replies!
    No problem. I’ve always done the improved clinch because I was told that it was the strongest (don’t know if that’s true or not).

The palomar is definitely a little easier and quicker, and I don’t see any reason why it also shouldn’t work just fine. Do what you’re comfortable with as long as it gets you fish on the line.

Edit: just learned some stuff from that chart that was posted above me. *thumbs up*

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Our Conservation Club put on a Youth Fishing Derby today from 9 till 1. 51 children attended with 135 fish caught. All fishing was done from shore or crowded piers. 10 trophies given for various fish and quantity. Busy day keeping up. Hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and refreshments. All participating also got a fishing lure ink pen that were a big hit.

Good stuff

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    My oldest used to be my fishing buddy, but he turned 16 this summer, has a truck and a job and just doesn't have the time to spend on the boat with Dad anymore. My youngest is 9, though, and he's caught the bug...wants to go out every chance we get. The puppy has also taken to the boat and likes to come, too.

Our favorite lake is full of little 12" bass...on a good day you can catch 'em one after another. With the heat and all the seasonal Lakers out tearing up the lake for the holiday, the bite has been slower lately, but a couple of weeks ago he landed this nice 3+ pounder.

IMG_20240607_105021126_BURST000_COVER_TOP~2.jpg

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I missed our ( 6 of us ) annual July walleye trip to Erie. Old codger back and knees not happy of late, especially couldn’t handle trying to stand and fish while rocking violently in every direction imaginable on Erie. Rest left Monday, coming back today. Yesterday they didn’t even go out due to storms, wind, etc. Today was decent weather wise but fishing was reported to be “tuff.” However 1 highlight I wish I had seen.

Our 1 guy is mid 60’s, Vietnam vet/marine, lived a hard life,but rehabbed himself and became a valued member of community. Diabetes - Legally blind, 1 leg off and knee, part of other foot off, wife left him, living alone, supposed to be having heart tests this week but refused in order to go. This morning he caught his wall hanger. So happy for him.
    IMG_2284.jpegIMG_2280.jpeg

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I come from saltwater and used to use a Uni knot. In the last few years I've adopted the Canoe Man's Loop and use it in freshwater too. The loop gives the lure a freer action.

Top Bottom