Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    What kind of fishing you doing?
    Creeks, river, lakes, ponds ?
    Artificial baits ?
    Fly or castin?
    Kayak, Canoe, boat or from the bank?

With Bass right now its,
    Buzz baits, wacky rigs, spinner baits near banks and facing against current is king.

Rocks, logs, around boat docks, against parked boats, under Pontoons, shade spots, bridge pillars are going to be where it’s at on summer days.

Early morning is a plus 1

Hard Bass fishing this time of year.
    Fishing eagle Creek from the area by the boat ramp, or from my sailboat. Been using torpedoes, whopper poppers, minoes. My buddy has had luck with frog lures . But I'm empty handed.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Artificial baits ?
    Fly or castin?

With Bass right now its,
    Buzz baits, wacky rigs, spinner baits near banks and facing against current is king.

Rocks, logs, around boat docks, against parked boats, under Pontoons, shade spots, bridge pillars are going to be where it’s at on summer days.

Tomorrow I have the service calls scheduled for Monday….

So I have these rigged up for tomorrow for the river. Going to be a lot of trolling the water is Looooow!

View attachment 374936
    I'm not a bass fisherman so I have to ask, what's with all the rubber O rings looking things on the soft plastics?

I'm a catfisherman so for me it's mostly live baits and cut baits.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Fishing eagle Creek from the area by the boat ramp, or from my sailboat. Been using torpedoes, whopper poppers, minoes. My buddy has had luck with frog lures . But I'm empty hande

I'm not a bass fisherman so I have to ask, what's with all the rubber O rings looking things on the soft plastics?

I'm a catfisherman so for me it's mostly live baits and cut baits.
    Google:
    O-rings are used in wacky rigging to help keep soft plastic worms on the hook without tearing them. The O-ring is stretchy, so if the worm tears, the hook will still be under the O-ring and the bait can be kept.

So when one’s constantly getting hits/strikes off the bait the bait is likely to remain vs getting ripped apart.

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Google:
    O-rings are used in wacky rigging to help keep soft plastic worms on the hook without tearing them. The O-ring is stretchy, so if the worm tears, the hook will still be under the O-ring and the bait can be kept.

So when one’s constantly getting hits/strikes off the bait the bait is likely to remain vs getting ripped apart.

That makes sense

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Google:

Great info, thanks!

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    Fishing eagle Creek from the area by the boat ramp, or from my sailboat. Been using torpedoes, whopper poppers, minoes. My buddy has had luck with frog lures . But I'm empty handed.
    For whatever reason my best bass lure over the years has been a 1/4oz bright yellow Worden's rooster tail. Also works for bluegill, crappie, and the occasional catfish

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Artificial baits ?
    Fly or castin?

With Bass right now its,

Tomorrow I have the service calls scheduled for Monday….

So I have these rigged up for tomorrow for the river. Going to be a lot of trolling the water is Looooow!

View attachment 374936
    With that ring around the base of your worm I would have thought it would be stiffer. :rofl: :wrongdoor:

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    $2.94 on Amazon, just picked one up.
    I have a tendency to snag these lures on underwater crap nearly every time I'm out, so I tend to buy them 6 at a time at WallyWorld :cool:

PS: The trick with these is to trim the tail feathers even with the bottom of the hooks, helps to prevent missed strikes

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have a tendency to snag these lures on underwater crap nearly every time I'm out, so I tend to buy them 6 at a time at WallyWorld :cool:

PS: The trick with these is to trim the tail feathers even with the bottom of the hooks, helps to prevent missed strikes

Now there is some golden information!

:bow:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Slow day at the river on Friday, none of the usual worms or spinner baits were working. As soon as we swapped for pumpkin green jigs, with a short worm trailers they turned on!
    No significant sizes….

Waters extremely low near the Broadripple access and the creeks are too low again for smooth kayak rides.
    We need some good consistent rain.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Risked tearing up the lower unit on my motor by taking the creek out to Tippe Lake this evening. Didn't can't many but they were decent size. A couple of legal keepers, but we put them back anyway. All of them caught on wacky rigs. I tried some spinners too because I was hoping for some pike, but got no action on those.

IMG_20240905_193331581_HDR.jpg

Had my son and the dog acting as lookouts on the way back up the creek to watch for shallow spots and logs. We bumped a couple of times, but nothing too bad.

IMG_20240905_194932532_HDR.jpg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Risked tearing up the lower unit on my motor by taking the creek out to Tippe Lake this evening. Didn't can't many but they were decent size. A couple of legal keepers, but we put them back anyway. All of them caught on wacky rigs. I tried some spinners too because I was hoping for some pike, but got no action on those.

View attachment 378134

Had my son and the dog acting as lookouts on the way back up the creek to watch for shallow spots and logs. We bumped a couple of times, but nothing too bad.

View attachment 378135
    A lot of jon's where I'm from mount hay or mulch forks to the lower unit to create a safety to protect the lower and prop when in areas known to have rocks or stumps.

Top Bottom