First time I had to draw my handgun (in this state)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well thank-you Mr. Burton. I will go over the laws more often but in all honesty the law goes out the door when I belive there is a fair chance that my family or I are in ANY danger or even the slightest chance that danger could be imminent.
    "the slightest chance that danger could be imminent" is ALL the time! Do you point your gun at everybody that you see? It IS possible that they mean to do you harm after all!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    "the slightest chance that danger could be imminent" is ALL the time! Do you point your gun at everybody that you see? It IS possible that they mean to do you harm after all!
    No I dont get people knocking on my door at 230am that I know their history which so happens to be bad. As a matter of fact this is the first time Ive had anyone knocking on my door after midnight or before 7am. This conversation is primarily based on "being at home"....not in line at McDonalds.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Fail. As a "judge," :rolleyes: you ignored all the documented testimony the OP has made on this forum.

Errr....what do you think I had to go on other than the "documented testimony the OP has made on this forum"? Do you think I called him up and discussed the case with him over the past hour?

And just where did the concept of a "judge" come into the picture. Lets see, I discussed prosecutors, and I discussed juries, and I discussed... oh that is right... I never mentioned a word about "judge".

And it would have been most difficult for me to account for a post he made AFTER my post, eh.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    how about a solution to future problems....take the worthless signs down and put up "HELP WANTED"...problem solved.
    I see what you did there but the mods are watching so I cannot comment with any further wisecracks. Afterall, I am probably already gonna get banned for awhile. Ill be stuck hanging out at AR15.com or worse yet HowToFixYourSpringfieldXD.com. :dunno:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    No I dont get people knocking on my door at 230am that I know their history which so happens to be bad. As a matter of fact this is the first time Ive had anyone knocking on my door after midnight or before 7am. This conversation is primarily based on "being at home"....not in line at McDonalds.
    Sorry, I'm a stickler for words. You said "the slightest chance that danger COULD BE IMMINENT" that would literally be ALWAYS!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Errr....what do you think I had to go on other than the "documented testimony the OP has made on this forum"? Do you think I called him up and discussed the case with him over the past hour?

And just where did the concept of a "judge" come into the picture. Lets see, I discussed prosecutors, and I discussed juries, and I discussed... oh that is right... I never mentioned a word about "judge".

And it would have been most difficult for me to account for a post he made AFTER my post, eh.

It doesn't really matter one way or another. Any number of Internet "lawyers" or "judges" cannot seem to save this poor fellow from himself anyway. :dunno:

Daggy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    South Bend
    My biggest concern is that it was only 'mercy' that prevented the OP from pulling the trigger, he felt completely justified to kill the guy just for putting his hand in his jacket pocket. People often get away with pointing guns at others (no harm no foul), people don't often get away with murder.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    My biggest concern is that it was only 'mercy' that prevented the OP from pulling the trigger, he felt completely justified to kill the guy just for putting his hand in his jacket pocket. People often get away with pointing guns at others (no harm no foul), people don't often get away with murder.

Agreed. The "mercy" statement is what makes me question the OP's grasp on reality.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Sorry, I'm a stickler for words. You said "the slightest chance that danger COULD BE IMMINENT" that would literally be ALWAYS!
    Well I chose not to take the chance that as soon as I turned around to walk in the house with my girlfriend not to get shot in the back. Keeping in mind his history of violence and I knew he was desperate to find his x-girlfriend. (they have 2 kids together). I chose not to let you all read about me in the news as a murder statistic.(possibly).....and Id do it again under the circumstances with the same person.
    Its possible I might be able to get along with alot of members on this forum but obviously not with the ones that think everything is black and white in life and with the law. You can bet that if I ever have to draw my weapon again or fire that it is for good reason to protect my family or myself from harm or the extreme possibility of and possibly even for protection of someone else depending on the circumstances.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

90 percent agreed. It would have been much more difficult (but not impossible) for a defense attorney to rescue him had he pulled the trigger. He was far too quick to consider that as an option.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Agreed. The "mercy" statement is what makes me question the OP's grasp on reality.
    It appears you dont understand that I would not have fired until his hand came out of his coat with a weapon. I would not have shot someone until they produced a weapon but I chose not to even let him pull any weapon out. He left, it was done and I went to bed.
    I believe if you go thru my post history you will see that I am not a fan of shoot first ask questions later. In fact the incident with the man in montana shooting the 17&18yr old boy and girl in his basement comes to mind as a thread that i posted in and speaks exactly as to what i said here in this post. I value life, people make mistakes but that does not always mean they should die for it.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Well said and a good point. I haven't seen that pointed out in the thread thus far unless I missed it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    It appears you dont understand that I would not have fired until his hand came out of his coat with a weapon. I would not have shot someone until they produced a weapon but I chose not to even let him pull any weapon out.
    Yet that's not what you said...

remauto1187 said:
    Some may say why didnt I drop him in my driveway. Mercy...is all I can say, that and I didnt really feel like going down to answer a bunch of questions and have to lawyer up and all that mess.

Top Bottom