• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    So your life was not in danger, and you possibly committed a B felony by restricting someones movements with your car while armed. I am more cautious when I am armed, because it can escalate to the highest level very fast. If anything, I would have driven by with the kid in the car and had him take a picture of the license plate of the car, and the occupents as I passed them in case something happend later, you have a starting point for the investigation.

IC 35-42-3-3

Criminal confinement
    Sec. 3. (a) A person who knowingly or intentionally:
    (1) confines another person without the other person's consent; or
    (2) removes another person, by fraud, enticement, force, or threat of force, from one (1) place to another;
    commits criminal confinement. Except as provided in subsection (b), the offense of criminal confinement is a Class D felony.
    (b) The offense of criminal confinement defined in subsection (a) is:
    (1) a Class C felony if:
    (A) the person confined or removed is less than fourteen (14) years of age and is not the confining or removing person's child;
    (B) it is committed by using a vehicle; or
    (C) it results in bodily injury to a person other than the confining or removing person; and
    (2) a Class B felony if it:
    (A) is committed while armed with a deadly weapon;
    (B) results in serious bodily injury to a person other than the confining or removing person; or
    (C) is committed on an aircraft.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.2. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.35; Acts 1979, P.L.299, SEC.1; P.L.183-1984, SEC.2; P.L.278-1985, SEC.8; P.L.49-1989, SEC.21; P.L.59-2002, SEC.2; P.L.70-2006, SEC.1.

This^^^ we dont know if this thing happened or not or if so how it actualy went down. One thing for sure, if someone wants to press the issue the op has a serious problem. Lets hope he embellished the incident. But then I gotta wonder why? In reality we get a fair number of people each year that does stuff like this. For what ever reason they over react to certain incidents that they perceive as a threat. Often times not bad people just overzealous in their actions.

Personally if this happened I would be begging a mod to delete the thread

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    This^^^ we dont know if this thing happened or not or if so how it actualy went down. One thing for sure, if someone wants to press the issue the op has a serious problem. Lets hope he embellished the incident. But then I gotta wonder why? In reality we get a fair number of people each year that does stuff like this. For what ever reason they over react to certain incidents that they perceive as a threat. Often times not bad people just overzealous in their actions.

Personally if this happened I would be begging a mod to delete the thread

not to mention the number of those that AGREED with what was originally said.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I just hope this lady doesn't go to the local media with a story how she was terrified and felt threatened by a "highly aggressive gun owner", or words to that effect.
    That kind of press is not needed at all.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    IF it had been true, then:

OP, that's a great example of "doing it wrong." You're lucky you didn't end up dead.
    fixt

You are very lucky you illegally detained a little old lady with a camera instead of someone with half a brain and a little training.
    Understatement. Whether true or not.

True story:
    I was passing through a town I used to live in and drove by a house where Mr.Jet & I planted trees 25 years ago. I stopped to take a picture to show him how big they'd gotten.
    If I was driving away and some man "chased me down" then blocked my passage while getting out of his vehicle and aggressively approached me, I would be in fear for my life.
    Guess what that means.

OP, I think your first story AND your second story are full of truths AND lies and the real story is a mix of something in-between.

just now posting a rebuttal.
    That's not a "rebuttal".
    That's a retraction and re-write.

I cant respond to each reply obviously but its amazing how many people would have ran me over or shot me and you call yourselves responsible gun owners? You would have shot an unarmed man that stopped on a road as you did??? Is walking up to your car any more of a crime than what you accuse me of.... interesting...?
    You're damned right.
    As per the OP lie, if something went down for real like that, you just made a bad decision, Skippy.

However, judging from the way you back pedaled when confronted, I do believe you're more hot head than the "teddy bear" you claim to be... you just probably don't get called on your antics in real life like you did when you got owned here.
    OP = INGOwned.

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    Successful spin story??

You guys who are mad at OP missed like three threads. He did nothing wrong and in fact this is the most successful spin-story I've seen on here. Bravo OP, bravo. :yesway:

Spin is only successful if some fool actually believes the spin. Not sure I believe either the first version or the second completely. Once a lie is told whether in jest or not the credibility of the liar is always in doubt.

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Everything else aside, if I were a lady in my 60's and you guys kept calling me a "little old lady" I'd be tempted to pistol-spank the lot of you! :D

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Typically, I fire bomb the car and giggle like a little kid as the little old lady runs down the street with her blue hair on fire. Yeah, the OP did it all wrong.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Huh? For what? Either you haven't read my posts in this thread or you are the one that needs to hit the books. It seems to me that you and I are in agreement... :dunno:

I was referring to when mosin said the op did the right thing, and of course if the story was true it could have landed him in jail or gotten someone seriously injured, and if im not mistaken mosin is only 16, and when he starts carrying I would prefer he not make the same mistake the op did ( once again if the story is true) because he may not get as lucky as the op did.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was away for the weekend, so I just read this from the beginning. Very interesting. :popcorn:
    Makes for a great Monday morning!

Seriously, if you had done this to me, I'd be finding out firsthand how good Federal HST ammo is.
    And people claims having handguns allows situation to escalate. :rolleyes:

So, Lock and Load, if you didn't have a gun would you still have chased her down? Just because we have firearms doesn't mean we have to TRY to put them to use. Firearms should always be employed when nothing else can or should be.

So, Lock and Load grabs a gun to defend HIS family, then Glocker 400 pulls his gun because he is threatened, then Lock and Load shoots back...

So now we got a shoot out over some pictures of a house in the afternoon? Seriously not cool.

I had my sidearm holstered, not sure if she saw it or not.

Wasnt a chase.... and the pistol was in the truck not on me....
    What kind of shoes do you have to wear to back peddle that much?

Ironic thing was the first car stopped on the other side of my truck was a deputy's charger, I walked over recognized him as he did me, I knew his Dad real well when he worked for the town police. Told him what happened, he offered to talk to her but I said it was alright just drive by slow and wave your finger in a "NO" motion.... which he did.
    If she had an issue with what I did then she could have addressed them with the deputy, but she didn't. I even told her to have a good day...
    So the deputy is in cahoots with you and openly scolds her, but you think she can complain to him?

I doubt they will send a woman back out in the redneck rural area to take pics......

My 20 y/o son is off on work due to a broken foot so he was backing me up from inside the house with his AR & ACOG, Mom asked him if he got away, he said no, Dad has him, and there's a sheriff that just rolled up too.

Very interesting, good to get the prepper exercise too. The whole family was on alert and involved, good to have backup.
    Wow, just wow. You apparently think something suspicious near you home is grounds for you to set in motion an all out drill for a STHF scenario. Keep the wargames confined to your own family or a paintball camp next time. Real life == real consequences. What if she lost control of the vehicle during your pursuit and was mortally injured?

Also...when would you prefer she be taking pictures of houses besides in broad daylight in the afternoon?
    If the lady taking pics was on a public road and never set foot on your property, who were you to try and detain?
    True story:
    I was passing through a town I used to live in and drove by a house where Mr.Jet & I planted trees 25 years ago. I stopped to take a picture to show him how big they'd gotten.
    If I was driving away and some man "chased me down" then blocked my passage while getting out of his vehicle and aggressively approached me, I would be in fear for my life.

Been there, done that. We were driving through a neighborhood with a friend looking at a house where she lived. Of course we were driving slow and doubled back. Then here comes Bubba in his his pickup with lift kit barreling down on us. The dude pulls up next to us lowers his window and starts to harass us.

Well, The girl in our car rolls down her window and yells back, "Jack, what are you doing? We're just looking at the old home!"
    "Cheryl? Oh, sorry", he apologizes.
    Turns out they dated several years ago.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Sounds like a made up story or the OP knew it was a harmless little old lady. If the story is true the little old lady needs to file charges against the OP.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You guys who are mad at OP missed like three threads. He did nothing wrong and in fact this is the most successful spin-story I've seen on here. Bravo OP, bravo. :yesway:

Wait, did I miss the story, "So I was driving in my car taking pictures of homes for real estate..." thread?

:ingo:

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    Here's my story. I drive home to my house in the country, but w/ neighbors. There is a car pulled completely in my yard. I slowly pull up alongside him and politely ask him if I can help him. He raises his hand dismissively and says no and looks back down at whatever he is reading or looking at. I have him pegged for a real estate appraiser. After his rudeness to me I not so politely say that if he doesn't need my help he needs to quickly get the f&c$ out of my yard. He beat tracks real quick. I had another guy sitting in almost the same place, but sitting in the passenger seat which seemed weird. I approached politely and he explained that he and a coworker were in the neighborhood selling cleaning supplies, but he didn't feel like selling so he stayed in the truck. I politely asked him to move the truck out of my yard and the dopey kid gives me a look like I asked him to not park in a space at Wal-Mart. He was clueless, but complied quickly without me having to insist. I don not respond well to strangers coming to my home, but I'm not going to do anything stupid to get myself into trouble either.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    OP, just joining on the dogpile here.

You did a major, bone-headed move. You may well have done the cause of law-abiding gun-carrying folks a great disservice by your actions.

You were a tool.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    How the hell does someone with over 4K posts and all manner of rep on a forum that discusses firearms and their related laws in his specific state not be educated enough to see the blatant errors in this story? Both the original and the oh crap revised "back pedal this was for your entertainment this is what really happened" version?

All you people with the massive rep and 50 gold stars....I look to you for advice and knowledge. What the crap is happening...

Top Bottom