• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    OP, don't worry. T Lex will be along shortly to reassure you that your Internet posts will never be used against you by the prosecution should you ever stand trial.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    "I passed the car and slammed on the brakes, angling my truck to block the road."

" I passed the car and pulled in front, walked back and asked if I can help you. "

And you chastise posters for reacting differently to these two scenarios? Lame, really lame. :rolleyes: :noway:

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Wasnt a chase.... and the pistol was in the truck not on me.... I did see it was an older lady and I responded totally accordingly. In a very calm manner, I pulled in front of her parked car, didnt block it, just as I was parking in a lot.....

Im actually from Detroit so you guys really dont know what a big bad nasty city really is... thats why I left after HS....

big bad nasty city or not. you've still changed your story 15 different times and it's still ever changing. we all responded to the OP, and now the you've fluctuated the truth to make you seem like you're a hero or some BS.
    are you glad you got a rise out of the people on the internet?

just repeat after me..
    "I Lock n Load of the INGO community this 20th day of January 2013 did indeed show my ass as much as I possibly could. However after I got the much needed attention from my fellow INGO'ers, I am turning the tables and trying to cover my rear so I don't look to much like the dirt bag I am. Thanks for adding to my evening of much wasted time, and I hope you forgive me in the near future.
    sincerely, Lock n Load"

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    My guess is that the poor OP has ruined his rep and will need to restart on the forum with another account. It is doubtful that anyone will take him serious now.

To share my experience on this subject. I live in the country too, and one Saturday the dogs were barking abnormally outside just after I woke up. I stepped out the front door, still in my underwear (no gun) and got to say hi to my insurance guy taking photos for a policy update. I know my insurance agent really well, so we both got a laugh. It was embarrassing, but nothing like the dumb move this guy pulled.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Seems to me that the first story is more accurate and the OP took his time responding cause he got owned and called out. Probably expecting a parade and a medal for his service to the community and is now covering his a$$ cause it didn't go his way.

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    Seems to me that the first story is more accurate and the OP took his time responding cause he got owned and called out. Probably expecting a parade and a medal for his service to the community and is now covering his a$$ cause it didn't go his way.

And at least two LEO's commented on the thread. Wonder if he will be getting a visit from one tomorrow.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    Wait. He's offended because of the reaction he got to the story as he told it? How dare everyone not know he was lying, excuse me, taking creative liberty with his story for our enjoyment.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Very interesting story the OP was :D
    I actually read every reply, all 13 pages of them!

Dan you actually let people turn around in your driveway? I HATE that. Our driveway is super long, and the road in front of us is a narrow road you can't do a u-turn, both sides are deep ditches.
    I always try to catch someone driving down the driveway, they always do it really slow, and the dogs bark. Just stand there, staring at them the WHOLE way so they can see I know they are there. Then stand either right at the end of the narrow section of the driveway, so they can't leave and ask them if they need help, or if they have the window down, just at the end of the sidewalk. Then I ask them if they need anything.
    They COULD just pull in a few feet, and back out in reverse without us ever knowing it, but they decide to drive all the way down to the house where it opens up into a huge flat area, then circle around, and leave.

Once, there was a problem with an 18 wheeler making it under a powerline, because he had an over sized load, and he couldn't drive in reverse I guess for some reason, so he can make it back on the state road which wasn't too far away. They were out there with police, waiting for word on the power line, if they will make it, if they can raise it, etc. Our house is right before this scene, and the road was closed. We did not want people driving up to our house to turn around, so we took a truck, and parked it the end of the driveway, just off the road. Then walked back to the house. Was funny :D
    Bet it annoyed some people though.
    We once had this red SUV who twice, on consecutive days, early in the morning, drive down the driveway, then circle around, and PARK with car running. They left a few seconds after parking the first time. The second time I ran downstairs, opened the door, and was walking towards them, when they drove away. It was a man, heavy set, with gray hair, didn't recognize him, and have not seen him since. Didn't get the plate, was tired, and the dogs woke me up barking because he was going down the driveway.

Lock N Load.
    I am with the others when they say they would have rammed you, or pulled out their weapon. Obviously, not by your true version, but by the OP. You stated you chased the car down. then you passed them, then slammed on your breaks, and blocked the road, and you had a weapon in the OP. Wouldn't you do the same? What if it was a freeway? And the car behind you did that to you? Someone could reasonably be in fear of their life in that situation.

Last edited:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort

No not at all, as stated Im not on the net for hours at a time like many on here.... as a matter of fact I bought 2 RRA bolts from PKFirearms and posted the opportunity in the accessories section and getting ready to watch a movie with the family.

Enjoy.... at least this post will keep you guys busy thru the week....

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Very interesting story the OP was :D
    I actually read every reply, all 13 pages of them!

Dan you actually let people turn around in your driveway? I HATE that. Our driveway is super long, and it's a narrow road, you can't do a u-turn, both sides are deep ditches.
    I always try to catch someone driving down the driveway, they always do it really slow, and the dogs bark. Just stand there, staring at them the WHOLE way so they can see I know they are there. Then stand either right at the end of the narrow section of the driveway, so they can't leave and ask them if they need help, or if they have the window down, just at the end of the sidewalk. Then I ask them if they need anything.
    They COULD just pull in a few feet, and back out in reverse without us ever knowing it, but they decide to drive all the way down to the house where it opens up into a huge flat area, then circle around, and leave.

We once had this red SUV who twice, on consecutive days, early in the morning, drive down the driveway, then circle around, and PARK with car running. They left a few seconds after parking the first time. The second time I ran downstairs, opened the door, and was walking towards them, when they drove away. It was a man, heavy set, with gray hair, didn't recognize him, and have not seen him since. Didn't get the plate, was tired, and the dogs woke me up barking because he was going down the driveway.

Lock N Load.
    I am with the others when they say they would have rammed you, or pulled out their weapon. Obviously, not by your true version, but by the OP. You stated you chased the car down. then you passed them, then slammed on your breaks, and blocked the road, and you had a weapon in the OP. Wouldn't you do the same? What if it was a freeway? And the car behind you did that to you? Someone could reasonably be in fear of their life in that situation.

No, I perfectly understand that based on the original post. Thats why the dramatic title and such. I know what I did, what actually happened and how everyone involved responded so I could write what I wanted at first.

As far as the police showing... please dont waste your time and energy, the sheriffs deputy was actually there on the road after I parked and saw the whole thing, he confirmed they do comps and had been in the area, maybe they notify the local LE, I dunno.

This was written after reading 10Xs post on his burglery, after reading it was a very boring read: car in driveway, binocs or camera, drives off returns, get in truck drives a few houses down, drive by, park, walk talk and have a good day, talk to deputy, confirms real estate comps.... goes home tells family we go on about our business.

Well movie time... and dont forget RRA bolts at PKF.......

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This was a thorough 20 minutes of entertainment for my Sunday evening. Must remember to mark embellished posts as such.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    So, in the original post you make yourself out to be a lunatic packing heat running down old ladies, and then in your very next post you go on the offensive and begin calling the rest of INGO ignorant and irresponsible...
    :rolleyes:

32533481.jpg

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Alright..... did it get everyones mind off the price gouging and the ADs occuring at the gun shows...? Good...

Now the reality, most is true but I made it read like a crime novel for your enjoyment......

I was alseep and awakened by the family as posted earlier that a car was in our driveway, looked like the person had binos or a camera. My wife did go out the door, the vehicle went a few driveways down and turned around.

By the time I get in my truck and backed out the drive the car was about 2-3 houses down (1/8th) of a mile taking more pics of the neighbors house, I passed the car and pulled in front, walked back and asked if I can help you. She asked why I followed her, I stated that I was wanting to know why she stopped in our drive and what she wanted. She then told me about the pics and the real estate comps, showed me the papers etc..... it was all good after we talked, I even explained to her that we have had some breakins on the road etc...

The deputy stopped by my truck to see what was going on, yes I do know most of them being a small town and all. There was no threat, no vehicle confinement etc..... my pistol was in the truck, I saw it was an older lady as I passed her and pulled over in front of her, she was stopped on the side of the road now

. If she had an issue with what I did then she could have addressed them with the deputy, but she didnt. I even told her to have a good day...

We have had some breakins on our road, lawn equip. stolen etc.... and read 10Xs post about his house robbery. I will investigate people stopping in my drive or taking pics of my house.... I guess most of you sheeple will just watch and wonder???

So flame away, you guys need some form to take out your frustrations.....

And Im not always on the PC like many of you so thats why I was away and just now posting a rebuttal.

But again, I only investigated the incident, had a conversation with her and did inform her that it would be nice if they would call ahead and state their intentions.... probably wont happen.

I cant respond to each reply obviously but its amazing how many people would have ran me over or shot me and you call yourselves responsible gun owners? You would have shot an unarmed man that stopped on a road as you did??? Is walking up to your car any more of a crime than what you accuse me of.... interesting...?

So you make a stupid, lying joke of a thread and you want to turn it on us and tell us we're the irresponsible ones.

Fool is a word that comes to mind.

Top Bottom