• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    How the hell does someone with over 4K posts and all manner of rep on a forum that discusses firearms and their related laws in his specific state not be educated enough to see the blatant errors in this story? Both the original and the oh crap revised "back pedal this was for your entertainment this is what really happened" version?

All you people with the massive rep and 50 gold stars....I look to you for advice and knowledge. What the crap is happening...

No question...I'm all for having a little fun, but this is crazy. Burnsy is right, when you get a rep people add a little credence to what you say. This is unfortunate.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How the hell does someone with over 4K posts and all manner of rep on a forum that discusses firearms and their related laws in his specific state not be educated enough to see the blatant errors in this story? Both the original and the oh crap revised "back pedal this was for your entertainment this is what really happened" version?

All you people with the massive rep and 50 gold stars....I look to you for advice and knowledge. What the crap is happening...

No question...I'm all for having a little fun, but this is crazy. Burnsy is right, when you get a rep people add a little credence to what you say. This is unfortunate.

The meaning of rep went out the window a long time ago with things like the rep pyramid.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I was referring to when mosin said the op did the right thing, and of course if the story was true it could have landed him in jail or gotten someone seriously injured, and if im not mistaken mosin is only 16, and when he starts carrying I would prefer he not make the same mistake the op did ( once again if the story is true) because he may not get as lucky as the op did.

This story is a spin off story off of a spin off story that spins off of a thread where someone's neighbor caught a pair of burglars red handed leaving a house in a stolen vehicle. (17 btw :): )

Wait, did I miss the story, "So I was driving in my car taking pictures of homes for real estate..." thread?

:ingo:

Nope, you missed the granddaddy of this thread where someone's neighbor got busted into and when they started to run another neighbor blocked the road with a truck and shotgun to keep the burglars from getting away.

Is this story a joke? Inquiring minds want to know.

It is a fictional piece, yes.

EDIT: ORIGINAL THREAD HERE! https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...titing_her_typing_on_ing.html?highlight=house

ORIGINAL SPIN-OFF: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/264101-whats_the_world_coming_to.html

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Although I totally understand your emotions and why you did what you did, even sympathize with you, you may have opened yourself up to some kind of legal action, not to mention the possibility that there may have been a real bad guy in the car, lots of nut-cases out there these days.

I did something similar years ago, roughly 1990, involved approaching two rowdy individuals breaking bottles in the lot behind my house in East Chicago. The police who arrived on the seen in my case were totally on my side, they didn't pay much attention to the complaints about some old fart kicking both their a$$es, and even made the punks clean up the broken glass. A couple hours later the head hauncho for the night shift showed up on my front porch. He said, "I have two things to tell you, First, if everyone in this neighborhood was like you I would be out of a job. Second, don't ever do that again". I took his advice and never did it again (figured I really was lucky they didn't have a gun on them - I did not). On the other hand, the glass breaking punks never came back either! :laugh:

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    This story is a spin off story off of a spin off story that spins off of a thread where someone's neighbor caught a pair of burglars red handed leaving a house in a stolen vehicle. (17 btw :): )

Nope, you missed the granddaddy of this thread where someone's neighbor got busted into and when they started to run another neighbor blocked the road with a truck and shotgun to keep the burglars from getting away.

It is a fictional piece, yes.

EDIT: ORIGINAL THREAD HERE! https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...titing_her_typing_on_ing.html?highlight=house

ORIGINAL SPIN-OFF: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/264101-whats_the_world_coming_to.html

FAIL.

You're posting in the original thread started 20 hrs ago. The spin off was started 19 hrs ago, and the "burglary" thread is unrelated.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Spin is only successful if some fool actually believes the spin. Not sure I believe either the first version or the second completely. Once a lie is told whether in jest or not the credibility of the liar is always in doubt.

There is a distinct difference when a liar tells a tale and when he tells a lie. :):
    This was a great tale.

And btw, I was really glad to see how many here DISAPPROVED of his supposed actions. That does more for our side than anything else discussed in this and other threads on INGO as it shows how law abiding we really are as a group.:patriot:

PS, I was being pretty polite in my original post in this thread.:rolleyes:

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Awareness is a good thing. But i would be talking to my family about looking a little closer next time. I rent my home right now and i go and look at houses for sale and i take a good look at the other homes in the area to see if it looks nice or not. IMHO u went overboard and are very lucky she didn't ram cause it would have been your fault. Glad you and your family is ok.

Posted and went back a read some more and you got what u asked for with this story. Fake or not this is the story u gave and my thinking is this is the way u would react. If not u would have gave a better account or your actions. just my 2cents.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    OP could have handle it better.

I usually chase people down on my motorcycle while swinging a large cleaver.

Seems to get the point across to them.

e_lobby_g_axe.jpg

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Can't say I've never over reactive, in my younger yrs I surely went overboard a number of occasions. But someone on a public street taking pictures wouldn't even make me put my shoes on. At the most call local police keep eye on vehicle, and let your tax dollars work for you. Just happy it was a scared woman instead of a scared gun owner, then you would of just given King Obama more reason to take away our rights.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I guess the thing that bothers me the most about this is the fact that someone with that many posts and that much rep could concoct such a wild story, then back-pedal so hard and completely contradict his original story when called on it. So much for my trust in the rep system.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I guess the thing that bothers me the most about this is the fact that someone with that many posts and that much rep could concoct such a wild story, then back-pedal so hard and completely contradict his original story when called on it. So much for my trust in the rep system.

I'm just shocked he hadn't run for office yet with these skills!:dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Triple Ho Lee Sheet for OP changing the original story then trying to scold everyone for dogging his actions in version #1. :noway:

Top Bottom