• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    Alright..... did it get everyones mind off the price gouging and the ADs occuring at the gun shows...? Good...

Now the reality, most is true but I made it read like a crime novel for your enjoyment......

I was alseep and awakened by the family as posted earlier that a car was in our driveway, looked like the person had binos or a camera. My wife did go out the door, the vehicle went a few driveways down and turned around.

By the time I get in my truck and backed out the drive the car was about 2-3 houses down (1/8th) of a mile taking more pics of the neighbors house, I passed the car and pulled in front, walked back and asked if I can help you. She asked why I followed her, I stated that I was wanting to know why she stopped in our drive and what she wanted. She then told me about the pics and the real estate comps, showed me the papers etc..... it was all good after we talked, I even explained to her that we have had some breakins on the road etc...

The deputy stopped by my truck to see what was going on, yes I do know most of them being a small town and all. There was no threat, no vehicle confinement etc..... my pistol was in the truck, I saw it was an older lady as I passed her and pulled over in front of her, she was stopped on the side of the road now

. If she had an issue with what I did then she could have addressed them with the deputy, but she didnt. I even told her to have a good day...

We have had some breakins on our road, lawn equip. stolen etc.... and read 10Xs post about his house robbery. I will investigate people stopping in my drive or taking pics of my house.... I guess most of you sheeple will just watch and wonder???

So flame away, you guys need some form to take out your frustrations.....

And Im not always on the PC like many of you so thats why I was away and just now posting a rebuttal.

But again, I only investigated the incident, had a conversation with her and did inform her that it would be nice if they would call ahead and state their intentions.... probably wont happen.

I cant respond to each reply obviously but its amazing how many people would have ran me over or shot me and you call yourselves responsible gun owners? You would have shot an unarmed man that stopped on a road as you did??? Is walking up to your car any more of a crime than what you accuse me of.... interesting...?

what exactly was the point you were trying to make? and why did you think that was the only way to get it across? :xmad::xmad:

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    26735447.jpg

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Did you take her camera, disassemble (for citizen safety), then give it back to her in pieces once her papers checked out?

Situational awareness also includes recognizing when there is no threat. You were doing fine up until the time you left your property.

If she would have panicked and wrecked, she would own you. She might yet, time will tell...

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Could have been a citizens arrest, detainment till the paperwork guys show up.....
    Could have been a hero, in the paper and what not.
    Could have been.....

OP please realize, y'a cant go chasing after bad guys, or old ladies, especially with a firearm.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Guess a lot of folks posting here have never been in something like this. Personally if in passing I saw an old lady at the wheel my aggression level would be reduced and the confrontation would also take a different path.

Now, the reality of this...do that to me and your day would have ended badly. We city folk respond to such things with equal opportunity aggression. Just saying and no knock on you but really. She was on a public road. If you know the local LEO's get her identified by them.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Did you take her camera, disassemble (for citizen safety), then give it back to her in pieces once her papers checked out?

Situational awareness also includes recognizing when there is no threat. You were doing fine up until the time you left your property.

If she would have panicked and wrecked, she would own you. She might yet, time will tell...

No.... she showed me the camera and papers because I was only asking her what was going on, very relaxed conservation. I do know SITREP, but she was not going to wreck she was already pulled over and I just passed her and parked in front of her. And I can leave my property to talk to someone.

And I doubt she'll own me, we actually parted company in a very friendly manner.... I never acted aggresive towards her,never raised my voice or anything, truthfully.... she is fine and reacted very positive to my inquiries... Im sure others have asked her what she was doing before.

Sometimes its not what is said but how its said..... both were in a mild manner but inquisitive....

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    I passed the car and pulled in front, walked back and asked if I can help you. She asked why I followed her, I stated that I was wanting to know why she stopped in our drive and what she wanted. She then told me about the pics and the real estate comps, showed me the papers etc..... it was all good after we talked, I even explained to her that we have had some breakins on the road etc...

So when you pulled in front of her, did you block her from driving forward?

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Several years ago, I looked out the front window at a guy standing in my front yard taking pictures of the house. Walked outside and promptly got on his case. Stated that he was just taking pictures for the update on our home owners insurance. He was informed that the front door bell was in good working order in case he wanted to know, seeing as how he never bothered to ring it. Said he didn't know if anyone was home, but the fact that there was two vehicles in the drive way and he was parked behind them, didn't seem to matter. Politely informed him to finish taking his pictures but don't ever, ever walk onto our property without informing us first, period. And yeah I was packing. Another instance was on a side street that a small white car parked multiple times over a couple of months time. Came by one day while walking the dog and just stopped on other side and looked at the driver through a heavy tinted window, and when he looked at me and then the handgun on the hip, he slid down in the seat. When dog and I got back in the house, I saw the car pull out and leave fast. Never saw it again. Goofed when I didn't get the license number and have a friend of mine who is a State Trooper pay the fellow a visit. His in-laws live a short distance up the street, he would be interested.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Could have been a citizens arrest, detainment till the paperwork guys show up.....
    Could have been a hero, in the paper and what not.
    Could have been.....

OP please realize, y'a cant go chasing after bad guys, or old ladies, especially with a firearm.

Wasnt a chase.... and the pistol was in the truck not on me.... I did see it was an older lady and I responded totally accordingly. In a very calm manner, I pulled in front of her parked car, didnt block it, just as I was parking in a lot.....

Im actually from Detroit so you guys really dont know what a big bad nasty city really is... thats why I left after HS....

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Alright..... did it get everyones mind off the price gouging and the ADs occuring at the gun shows...? Good...

Now the reality, most is true but I made it read like a crime novel for your enjoyment......

I was alseep and awakened by the family as posted earlier that a car was in our driveway, looked like the person had binos or a camera. My wife did go out the door, the vehicle went a few driveways down and turned around.

By the time I get in my truck and backed out the drive the car was about 2-3 houses down (1/8th) of a mile taking more pics of the neighbors house, I passed the car and pulled in front, walked back and asked if I can help you. She asked why I followed her, I stated that I was wanting to know why she stopped in our drive and what she wanted. She then told me about the pics and the real estate comps, showed me the papers etc..... it was all good after we talked, I even explained to her that we have had some breakins on the road etc...

The deputy stopped by my truck to see what was going on, yes I do know most of them being a small town and all. There was no threat, no vehicle confinement etc..... my pistol was in the truck, I saw it was an older lady as I passed her and pulled over in front of her, she was stopped on the side of the road now

. If she had an issue with what I did then she could have addressed them with the deputy, but she didnt. I even told her to have a good day...

We have had some breakins on our road, lawn equip. stolen etc.... and read 10Xs post about his house robbery. I will investigate people stopping in my drive or taking pics of my house.... I guess most of you sheeple will just watch and wonder???

And Im not always on the PC like many of you so thats why I was away and just now posting a rebuttal.

But again, I only investigated the incident, had a conversation with her and did inform her that it would be nice if they would call ahead and state their intentions.... probably wont happen.

I cant respond to each reply obviously but its amazing how many people would have ran me over or shot me and you call yourselves responsible gun owners? You would have shot an unarmed man that stopped on a road as you did??? Is walking up to your car any more of a crime than what you accuse me of.... interesting...?

Manti te'o didn't know his girlfriend wasn't real and Lance Armstrong didn't take any drugs.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana

Your original story is much more believable

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    So when you pulled in front of her, did you block her from driving forward?

No.... I drove past, pulled to the same side and parked, got out and calmly walked over to her car and asked her if I could help her...... she could have driven straight ahead and left, waved the sheriff down that pulled up as we were talking.... she didnt because she didnt feel threatened, I was totally a gentleman to her... she showed me the papers and the camera and explained what they were for....

She didnt act threatened and fully disclosed what she was doing and like I said I suggested the phone call ahead due to breakins etc.... so we carried on a conversation and then said have a good day, she responded you too.

She took more pics of a few houses down the road as she was driving away.... continued to do her job.

Top Bottom