• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    While watching the famliy truckster ripping rubber out the driveway and down the road to slide into the semi block position, the son with his tight grip on his AR says quietly to himself....."My dad rocks":cool:

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene
    You are entirely correct. I would have called the police. But not to high jack the thread I called once when we lived way out in the boonies and the Boone County Sheriff who finally got to our house said next time shoot the guy then call us. He stated it took way too long for the response based on where we were located He would rather see a dead bad guy than a innocent victim.
    Really depends on where you are and the circumstances. But again you are correct, why chase after someone and provoke a confrontation? Seems there is a case in Florida with that same argument at the core right now.

You and I are in agreement, no worries.

In the OPs scenario, the moment OP began the chase he may have accepted the position of "bad guy" IMHO. Then followed it up with a serving of intimidation for desert.

Good call on the Florida reference, too.

Last edited:

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    wow... don't you think your response was a bit excessive? Imagine if that realtor was your mother or grandmother and someone pursued her and cut her off like that. And we wonder why the government statists get people to go along with their restrictions on our rights and freedom

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Did the rep too. Maybe the forum needs a section for private citizens war stories? I know I have a few I could share from over the years.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    picture.php

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    The OP's experience does bring up a point though. What are the right rules for interacting with a suspicious person?

I guess that legally anyone in the public right of way can stop, go or do naked handstands and not be considered a threat in the eyes of the law. I suspect that it is easy for us to slip from being in a defensive mode to being in an offensive one.

Kudos to OP for his willingness to defend his family. We all need to learn the legal limits of our response.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Alright..... did it get everyones mind off the price gouging and the ADs occuring at the gun shows...? Good...

Now the reality, most is true but I made it read like a crime novel for your enjoyment......

I was alseep and awakened by the family as posted earlier that a car was in our driveway, looked like the person had binos or a camera. My wife did go out the door, the vehicle went a few driveways down and turned around.

By the time I get in my truck and backed out the drive the car was about 2-3 houses down (1/8th) of a mile taking more pics of the neighbors house, I passed the car and pulled in front, walked back and asked if I can help you. She asked why I followed her, I stated that I was wanting to know why she stopped in our drive and what she wanted. She then told me about the pics and the real estate comps, showed me the papers etc..... it was all good after we talked, I even explained to her that we have had some breakins on the road etc...

The deputy stopped by my truck to see what was going on, yes I do know most of them being a small town and all. There was no threat, no vehicle confinement etc..... my pistol was in the truck, I saw it was an older lady as I passed her and pulled over in front of her, she was stopped on the side of the road now

. If she had an issue with what I did then she could have addressed them with the deputy, but she didnt. I even told her to have a good day...

We have had some breakins on our road, lawn equip. stolen etc.... and read 10Xs post about his house robbery. I will investigate people stopping in my drive or taking pics of my house.... I guess most of you sheeple will just watch and wonder???

So flame away, you guys need some form to take out your frustrations.....

And Im not always on the PC like many of you so thats why I was away and just now posting a rebuttal.

But again, I only investigated the incident, had a conversation with her and did inform her that it would be nice if they would call ahead and state their intentions.... probably wont happen.

I cant respond to each reply obviously but its amazing how many people would have ran me over or shot me and you call yourselves responsible gun owners? You would have shot an unarmed man that stopped on a road as you did??? Is walking up to your car any more of a crime than what you accuse me of.... interesting...?

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Please tell me there was a cut off flannel, half empty Budweiser and pack of cigarettes involved.

I usually wear Carhart tees for work, and I dont drink or smoke.... I used the redneck reference because of the county I live in...... but I remember that for future stories....

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Alright..... did it get everyones mind off the price gouging and the ADs occuring at the gun shows...? Good...

Now the reality, most is true but I made it read like a crime novel for your enjoyment......

I was alseep and awakened by the family as posted earlier that a car was in our driveway, looked like the person had binos or a camera. My wife did go out the door, the vehicle went a few driveways down and turned around.

By the time I get in my truck and backed out the drive the car was about 2-3 houses down (1/8th) of a mile taking more pics of the neighbors house, I passed the car and pulled in front, walked back and asked if I can help you. She asked why I followed her, I stated that I was wanting to know why she stopped in our drive and what she wanted. She then told me about the pics and the real estate comps, showed me the papers etc..... it was all good after we talked, I even explained to her that we have had some breakins on the road etc...

The deputy stopped by my truck to see what was going on, yes I do know most of them being a small town and all. There was no threat, no vehicle confinement etc..... my pistol was in the truck, I saw it was an older lady as I passed her and pulled over in front of her, she was stopped on the side of the road now

. If she had an issue with what I did then she could have addressed them with the deputy, but she didnt. I even told her to have a good day...

We have had some breakins on our road, lawn equip. stolen etc.... and read 10Xs post about his house robbery. I will investigate people stopping in my drive or taking pics of my house.... I guess most of you sheeple will just watch and wonder???

So flame away, you guys need some form to take out your frustrations.....

And Im not always on the PC like many of you so thats why I was away and just now posting a rebuttal.

But again, I only investigated the incident, had a conversation with her and did inform her that it would be nice if they would call ahead and state their intentions.... probably wont happen.

I cant respond to each reply obviously but its amazing how many people would have ran me over or shot me and you call yourselves responsible gun owners? You would have shot an unarmed man that stopped on a road as you did??? Is walking up to your car any more of a crime than what you accuse me of.... interesting...?

:blahblah:

and how was I to know you didn't have you gun "on your hip" like you stated in the OP.
    nothing shy of ignorant.

Last edited:

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene

I am sorry, which version do you want me to respond so I can tell you if you should get run over or shot?

Now YOU are the victim? Maybe you need more sleep...

Top Bottom