• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Wow! I take pictures of real estate because I'm a real estate broker. I can honestly say I don't know how I would have responded had the occupant of a home come at me like that, but it would not have been the way the poor little lady did.

At the very least I would have had the phone dialing 9-1-1 before OP ever got to my vehicle. I sure as hell wouldn't have opened the window or door to speak to him. And there's a better than average chance he would have seen MY firearm even if I didn't see his.

It was the middle of the day. Who would be casing your house in the middle of the day?

It's generally the best time to case a home since the likelihood of the occupants being home are lower than the evening or weekends.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I passed the car and slammed on the brakes, angling my truck to block the road......

Of course we are all thinking its someone casing our house... Of Course :):

My 20 y/o son is off on work due to a broken foot so he was backing me up from inside the house with his AR & ACOG, Mom asked him if he got away, he said no, Dad has him, and theres a sheriff that just rolled up too.

attachment.php

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    $100 says this is a fictional post to get a rise from the board. Sounds too over the top.

I think you are right.

However living out in the country is a bit unnerving from personal experience. My wife once saved her own life and my infant son's from a couple of serial killers by being vigilant. The couple went a qurter mile down the road and killed the neighbors instead. I understand being proactive in this case.:draw:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Oh c'mon guys! It was alright since he knew the Deputy and his dad "real well".
    If it was indeed a felony stop then the OP committed a crime. Everything about the post is stupid and full of false bravado.
    I live and grew up in the country. Many times people use our drive to turn around. Not once have I ever thought of doing a "felony stop" on them. I suggest running your prepper drills in the back field and not on a public street.

I worked afternoon shift Friday and right back in on day shift at 0500 Sat. morning, I was home at 1330 and asleep by 1400.

About 1630 my family comes in the bedroom and says theres a car out at the road and either looking thru binos or a camera at our house. My wife went out the front door and the car went down a driveway or two and turned around. This gave me time to get dressed and grab my G19.

I went out the back door and by the time I got in the truck, the car had stopped in front of the house and was now driving away. I backed out the drive (200') backwards in record time, did a "J" turn squealing the 20" tires as I drove away in chase....

I passed the car and slammed on the brakes, angling my truck to block the road...... Of course we are all thinking its someone casing our house, nope a lady in her 60s taking pics of houses on a couple of rural roads for real estate comps.... WTF broad daylight on a Sat taking pics in front of houses !!!

Anyhow, she showed me the list, had different roads with names, addresses, mortgage co. names etc..... she had her real estate id/ card.I told her that they should call ahead first and at least give notice of what they will be doing. She was just about crying saying you didnt have to chase me down and stop me like that..... yeah well family first, MINE !!! I had my sidearm holstered, not sure if she saw it or not.

Ironic thing was the first car stopped on the other side of my truck was a deputys charger, I walked over recognized him as he did me, I knew his Dad real well when he worked for the town police. Told him what happened, he offered to talk to her but I said it was alright just drive by slow and wave your finger in a "NO" motion.... which he did.

I doubt they will send a woman back out in the redneck rural area to take pics......

My 20 y/o son is off on work due to a broken foot so he was backing me up from inside the house with his AR & ACOG, Mom asked him if he got away, he said no, Dad has him, and theres a sheriff that just rolled up too.

Very intersting, good to get the prepper exercise too. The whole family was on alert and involved, good to have backup.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I think you are right.

However living out in the country is a bit unnerving from personal experience. My wife once saved her own life and my infant son's from a couple of serial killers by being vigilant. The couple went a qurter mile down the road and killed the neighbors instead. I understand being proactive in this case.:draw:

I find living in the city to be MUCH more unnerving, but that's just me. Certainly your personal experience could influence that though!

@mbills2233 LOLOLOL

:)::rockwoot:

Not sure if OP trolling, or true story

Was wondering the same thing, as was my good fried Fry
    td50137_fry-not-sure-if-trolling-jpg.72209

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    OP
    Seems you have already been told that what you did was wrong.
    I just want to suggest to you that on Oct. 31St, just let the wife answer the door.

Your diligence should have ended when she drove away.
    Get a license number, and call your friends on the force.

Every day in life can be a learning experience......
    That was your day.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Oh c'mon guys! It was alright since he knew the Deputy and his dad "real well".
    If it was indeed a felony stop then the OP committed a crime. Everything about the post is stupid and full of false bravado.
    I live and grew up in the country. Many times people use our drive to turn around. Not once have I ever thought of doing a "felony stop" on them. I suggest running your prepper drills in the back field and not on a public street.

Ya, but does he play cards with the chief of police?

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene
    I think you are right.

Not disputing the need to sometimes be proactive, but was OPs decision the best course of action?

Doubtful.

Vigilance can be in the form of a phone call - not Rambo Road Rage.

:cool:

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    Since the OP has over 4000 posts and has been a member since 2008, I would say this is a post just to get everyones attention.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I don't know that it was a training experience, but it sure as hell was his lucky day. Hope he bought a lottery ticket that day. I'm not gonna say that I would have drawn on him, but at the very least he would've had a nice G6 sized dent in his truck and he would not only be paying for both of our vehicles to be fixed, but he would have had some 'splaining to do.

OP, this has got to be the dumbest idea ever. You think someone is casing your house, so instead of calling 911 , you chase them, commit various infractions and possibly felonies, have your son point a loaded firearm at them, and proceed to take the law into your own hands? For shame.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Not disputing the need to sometimes be proactive, but was OPs decision the best course of action?

Doubtful.

Vigilance can be in the form of a phone call - not Rambo Road Rage.

:cool:

You are entirely correct. I would have called the police. But not to high jack the thread I called once when we lived way out in the boonies and the Boone County Sheriff who finally got to our house said next time shoot the guy then call us. He stated it took way too long for the response based on where we were located He would rather see a dead bad guy than a innocent victim.
    Really depends on where you are and the circumstances. But again you are correct, why chase after someone and provoke a confrontation? Seems there is a case in Florida with that same argument at the core right now.

Top Bottom