• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I would just like to say that most of you bashing OP would not be doing so if it was a gangbanger staking out with an AK and OP took care of the threat, MOST not all. I know some of you would realize he shouldn'tve chased him down. But many would've skipped that part because he took care of the bad guy. I say take it easy on OP, he did what he felt was necessary in what he felt was a threat. Yes taking pictures isn't illegal, what would you have done? Been ok with it? If someone taking pictures of your home doesn't make your spidy sense tingle you have issues. I am NOT saying what he did was right, but jeeze.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Can we lock or close this thread. I normally try to read the threads on a story before posting, but this one as originally posted needed a reply, and I didn't have time to read that many pages before replying. It is a deceptive post, and will continue to be replied to by others who are not going to read that many pages, before reading the original person who posted chang the story.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wait I didn't read the 20 pages of posts, there's 2 stories?

Yup - Lock n Load posted the original then posted a "softer" version a day or two later.

The most entertaining part of this whole thread after the OP and then the revised version is the amount of people who do not take the time to read the thread before posting and saying they hope it is a joke even though it has been outed as such for almost 20 pages now. One closer to 50 for me.

I don't think it's a joke. I think the "retraction" was a reaction to the massive amount of vitriol heaped upon him. The retraction softens up the original account so much that it's hard not to think that one or the other is lie.

Correction - I don't know what to believe - and I don't care anymore.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Lock and Load, which of these was that lady doing? Very irresponsible and over the top, Walter Mitty reaction. Prepper? You are not a prepper if your first reaction is shoot first or try to pin someone in. Put down TOM or FleaTaxi, pick up Jerry D Young. Gray man approach.

I have no idea who these people are.

To be honest, a lot of "peppers" scare me more than JBTs. It sure seems like a lot of them WANT the STHF so they can throw all the laws out the windows and live under a "might makes right" mentality.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I would just like to say that most of you bashing OP would not be doing so if it was a gangbanger staking out with an AK and OP took care of the threat, MOST not all.
    Still would bash. Why put yourself in that kind of danger? How are you "protecting you family" by actively putting yourself (the breadwinner) in a situation like that?

I say take it easy on OP, he did what he felt was necessary in what he felt was a threat.
    "Doing what you feel is necessary" is not a good enough excuse. It needs to be tempered with the law.

Yes taking pictures isn't illegal, what would you have done? Been ok with it? If someone taking pictures of your home doesn't make your spidy sense tingle you have issues. I am NOT saying what he did was right, but jeeze.
    Sure I'd be suspicious but I'd try and get the license plate number and record details. Observe and report.

Having a firearm is no excuse for trying to solve all problems. What if you DID NOT have a gun? Would you still race out and harass the photographer? If the answer is no, then you shouldn't do it BECAUSE you have a gun. That's just lacking common sense. Having a firearm is a tool for SELF DEFENSE when there is an immediate threat of death or severe injury. Was there any of that here? No. Get a description and call the cops - it's their job to handle this. Imagine yourself as the photographer - what would your response be to the two possibilities: (A) Lock and Load chasing after you or (B) a deputy?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I read this whole thread and I feel that the OP is a coward and so are most of the posters. In my dangerous neighborhood (subdivision life in a small middle class town is rough), I'd have pistol whipped my wife, kid, dog, and myself for doing anything less than shooting out the tires and spitting on the cop.

Top Bottom