• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    CAUTION: What follows is a true story that lacks any kind of excitement and fanfare whatsoever(if that is not suppose to be one word, it should be...).

A few years back(less than 5), My Lady and I were leaving the house to get a bite to eat(okay, a bite for her, several for me). We were half a block away when I noticed a car pulling up into our driveway 50' or so. I slowed while checking out the rearview to see if this was a simple turnaround. I could see that not only was the car not moving, the occupant had gotten out and is walking in the yard off of the sidewalk.

I turn the truck around and head back to the house at a leisurely rate, turned into the drive and rolled to a stop. There is a 40ish women standing 10' in front of our house. I can see that she was reading from some papers in her one hand and had a camera in the other.

I asked her if I could be of any help. She said that she was from the realtor's office and was needing pictures for the posting. I told her that was news to me as the house was not for sale(okay, I said what is your offer and when can you take possession). She asked if this was ---W and I told her that this was east, not west and to try 9 blocks that way(using pointed finger as visual aid). She both apologized and thanked me for my help and understanding...

Most times, it is just people living their lives with no intent to cause any harm whatsoever...

She was on your property and you didn't even draw on her?!?!

livedangerously.jpg

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    This dude came rolling into my 'hood real fast this afternoon. I knew he was up to no good since he don't live 'round here and was dressed in dark clothes. He stops his ride in front of the house, looks furtively around, then comes trotting real fast like in a lope up into my AO.

Piece o'crap had an IED in his arms! Quick like a snake I grabbed my 10/22 tactical and came rushing out the side door at his 6 o'clock. I let out a good holler, "Wheeeeeeee!! Hey-o!" and commenced to laying a bead on his trunk-o-junk.

Let me tell ya, he dropped that dang ol' IED and broke off into a run back to his truck!! I had to decide between defusing the conflagratory contraption or taking out that two-legged weasel. OPSEC being what it is, I decided to focus on the Rube Goldberg trap he dropped by my walk.

Sure enough, it was an improvised explosive! I tried to turn on the hose but Ms Pm already shut off the city water to the spigot. Thinking fast, I unwound the dragon and gave it a good shower! It wouldn't hardly been necessary as the domestic terrorist had filled it with 1200 cylinders of Israeli combustibles but hadn't figured out how to set it all off.

Satisfied the threat of the static variety was mitigated, I let off a few high velocity rounds of dot-two-two-ell-aaarrr into the back of his brown truck before he made it out of the cullysack.

Don't think he gonna come round here no more.

In other news, did anyone else get an IMI Widener's order in today?

Last edited:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The exact same thing that happened at the OP's house, happened to me. Except I was driving a Lamborghini and had an anti-tank rocket launcher over my shoulder and I called in a flyby of an F-22 Raptor, because I know several Generals, and had the pilot give the old lady the bird.
    (I like birds, by the way)
    Anyway...

It's a small world.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    This dude came rolling into my 'hood real fast this afternoon. I knew he was up to no good since he don't live 'round here and was dressed in dark clothes. He stops his ride in front of the house, looks furtively around, then comes trotting real fast like in a lope up into my AO.

Piece o'crap had an IED in his arms! Quick like a snake I grabbed my 10/22 tactical and came rushing out the side door at his 6 o'clock. I let out a good holler, "Wheeeeeeee!! Hey-o!" and commenced to laying a bead on his trunk-o-junk.

Let me tell ya, he dropped that dang ol' IED and broke off into a run back to his truck!! I had to decide between defusing the conflagratory contraption or taking out that two-legged weasel. OPSEC being what it is, I decided to focus on the Rube Goldberg trap he dropped by my walk.

Sure enough, it was an improvised explosive! I tried to turn on the hose but Ms Pm already shut off the city water to the spigot. Thinking fast, I unwound the dragon and gave it a good shower! It wouldn't hardly been necessary as the domestic terrorist had filled it with 1200 cylinders of Israeli combustibles but hadn't figured out how to set it all off.

Satisfied the threat of the static variety was mitigated, I let off a few high velocity rounds of dot-two-two-ell-aaarrr into the back of his brown truck before he made it out of the cullysack.

Don't think he gonna round here no more.

In other news, did anyone else get an IMI Widener's order in today?

:yesway:

The exact same thing that happened at the OP's house, happened to me. Except I was driving a Lamborghini and had an anti-tank rocket launcher over my shoulder and I called in a flyby of an F-22 Raptor, because I know several Generals, and had the pilot give the old lady the bird.

It's a small world.

I bet it was the same dang ol' lady!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    (I like birds, by the way)
    Anyway...

It's a small world.

Just one Raptor??? Weak... :laugh:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Just one Raptor??? Weak... :laugh:

Just one for the flyby because of the narrow road we live on.

The one that did the flyby droped down from a group of 12 Raptors from the 27th Fighter Squadron (the Black Falcons) out of Virginia. After the flyby I had all 12 go supersonic over her car.... it wasn't pretty....
    Sorry I forgot to mention that ... I had forgotten it until just now.

F-22-Raptor-1080.jpg

Actual image of the first one over her car.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i work at an appraisal management company and we laugh at people like you everyday. On a large percentage of every mortgage transaction there must be an appraisal done. Do you not realize that every comparable used in and appraisal must be inspected by the appraiser? Are you also unaware that is not illegal to take a picture from the street of a home? Are you also unaware by discouraging her from using your home as a comp that you may well be hurting the value of your home? Are you also unaware that the appraiser does not have to have your permission and is under contract to protect the privacy of the client (the lending institution) and cannot disclose this information even if they are compelled to do so. This is a ridiculous action taken by you for a 60 YEAR OLD WOMAN pointing a camera at your home. I have inspected over 1500 homes and no one ever acted in the manner with which you acted toward this woman. What is also wrong is that you intimidate her from exercising her right "Told him what happened, he offered to talk to her but I said it was alright just drive by slow and wave your finger in a "NO" motion.... which he did.

I doubt they will send a woman back out in the redneck rural area to take pics......"

She is doing her job and I will be out there soon to take pics as per my contract. It is a public road.
    I worked afternoon shift Friday and right back in on day shift at 0500 Sat. morning, I was home at 1330 and asleep by 1400.

About 1630 my family comes in the bedroom and says theres a car out at the road and either looking thru binos or a camera at our house. My wife went out the front door and the car went down a driveway or two and turned around. This gave me time to get dressed and grab my G19.

I went out the back door and by the time I got in the truck, the car had stopped in front of the house and was now driving away. I backed out the drive (200') backwards in record time, did a "J" turn squealing the 20" tires as I drove away in chase....

I passed the car and slammed on the brakes, angling my truck to block the road...... Of course we are all thinking its someone casing our house, nope a lady in her 60s taking pics of houses on a couple of rural roads for real estate comps.... WTF broad daylight on a Sat taking pics in front of houses !!!

Anyhow, she showed me the list, had different roads with names, addresses, mortgage co. names etc..... she had her real estate id/ card.I told her that they should call ahead first and at least give notice of what they will be doing. She was just about crying saying you didnt have to chase me down and stop me like that..... yeah well family first, MINE !!! I had my sidearm holstered, not sure if she saw it or not.

Ironic thing was the first car stopped on the other side of my truck was a deputys charger, I walked over recognized him as he did me, I knew his Dad real well when he worked for the town police. Told him what happened, he offered to talk to her but I said it was alright just drive by slow and wave your finger in a "NO" motion.... which he did.

I doubt they will send a woman back out in the redneck rural area to take pics......

My 20 y/o son is off on work due to a broken foot so he was backing me up from inside the house with his AR & ACOG, Mom asked him if he got away, he said no, Dad has him, and theres a sheriff that just rolled up too.

Very intersting, good to get the prepper exercise too. The whole family was on alert and involved, good to have backup.

Last edited:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I think he expected INGO to support his actions. That is why the first post was given with such bravado. I think he should make a J turn and head to the nearest redneck re-education center.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I used to know a little old lady that carried a J frame 38 to every inspection...appraisers are prepared for these kind of encounters so I would think twice. I used to carry a beretta 92 and a beretta 85 to every inspection. This included Gary, Indiana.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    The other side of the story:

It goes something like this....
    I stayed up till midnight typing reports after the sun went down yesterday. After all, rates are the lowest they have been in decades and everybody with a decent credit score and a mortgage is refinancing. I got up when the sun came up to go take pictures as required by my contract assignment conditions, Fannie Mae, and every bank with which i work. Instead of relaxing on Saturday I decided to go out and take some pics before my grandkids came over. I was taking a picture of this house with a grown over 57 chevy and a 50's ford setting in the front yard. I quickly took a pic of the home being careful to get all sides of the home so I wouldnt have to come back out again. While I am driving off some guy backs out of his yard and does a J turn and follows me and confines me. His son is pointing an ASSAULT RIFLE at me. He gets out with a pistol on his side and demands to know what is happening. Between my tears, I show him papers which are none of his business. I am wishing I could call the police. Turns out the police were there but they were in cahoots with this crazy man commandeering my vehicle and making me disclose my personal information. The cop drives by and waves a finger at me and I am waving a finger at him on the inside since I am 60 year old woman. I am also thinking the Piers Morgan is right about these crazy gun owners and their ASSAULT RIFLES and handguns. After all, they are just crazy rednecks who like to take the law into their own hands. I am going to vote for someone who will implement gun control.

Ok, where is the story from the old ladies perspective? I'd like to read that.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    yeah and the lenders dont like people in the pictures becase they can be accused of redlining if they deny a loan with black or hispanic people in the photos...
    That happened to me last summer. I was standing on the porch with my 1 year old son when a man drove by in a big red truck. He slowed down in front of my house, windows down, and snapped a picture of what I thought was "us" and then drove off. I took my son in, grabbed my XD, and got in my car and chased him down. When I finally caught up with him I asked him why he just took a picture of me, my son, and my house. That's exactly what he told me, "I'm taking pics for comps in your neighborhood. He told me he doesn't like when people are outside because he doesn't want them in the pictures and hates when people see him taking them. He had a stack of papers with addresses of houses he was going to take pics of. Pretty weird.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Yikes......A long time ago I took my Mom to take some pictures, from the road, of where her grandparents use to live way out in the country. While I was stopped on the road taking a picture from my car, a unmarked Sheriffs car pulled up behind me and turn on his lights......The officer came up and simply asked what we were doing, very polite. We told him and he said ok and drove off. There really isn't any other way to handle this....at least I thought.

Top Bottom