• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Law school? Is that where they taught you to fling insults when faced with questions you are unable to answer?

No,

It's where I learned that I should defer to doctors who know everything about medicine since I know nothing about it.

It's where I learned that I should defer to mechanics who know everything about cars since I know little about them and lack the tools and training to fix them anymore.

It's where I learned that I should defer to starbucks barristas who know everything about coffee since I know nothing about making it and they have way better coffee pots.

It's where I learned not to take it personal when sea lawyers and anarchists try to tell everyone else they know everything about the law.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I also know I am an Electrical engineer and do not dip into mech engineering when trying to prove a point. So are you a Constitutional lawyer or a Financial lawyer?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    No,

It's where I learned that I should defer to doctors who know everything about medicine since I know nothing about it.

It's where I learned that I should defer to mechanics who know everything about cars since I know little about them and lack the tools and training to fix them anymore.

It's where I learned that I should defer to starbucks barristas who know everything about coffee since I know nothing about making it and they have way better coffee pots.

It's where I learned not to take it personal when sea lawyers and anarchists try to tell everyone else they know everything about the law.

Doctors don't listen to a word I say, prescribe medicine that doesn't work and then send me a large bill. I now do my own research and fix my own problems with diet and supplements

Mechanics lie to me, screw up my vehicles and charge me enormous amounts of money for shoddy work. I learned to fix my own vehicles.

I hate coffee, but my body and vehicles have never been better. So pardon me if I don't immediately accept the opinion of a supposed lawyer on the internet who is thus far incapable of explaining or justifying said opinions. I asked legitimate questions in a polite manner. For now I'll wait and see if someone who actually knows what they are talking about chooses to shed some light on the subject.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Doctors don't listen to a word I say, prescribe medicine that doesn't work and then send me a large bill. I now do my own research and fix my own problems with diet and supplements

Mechanics lie to me, screw up my vehicles and charge me enormous amounts of money for shoddy work. I learned to fix my own vehicles.

I hate coffee, but my body and vehicles have never been better. So pardon me if I don't immediately accept the opinion of a supposed lawyer on the internet who is thus far incapable of explaining or justifying said opinions. I asked legitimate questions in a polite manner. For now I'll wait and see if someone who actually knows what they are talking about chooses to shed some light on the subject.

You've gotten answers. You just don't like and are incapable of comprehending them.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    law school != lawyer. Never claimed to be one - like a whole lot of people that went to law school and never practiced law.

I know when I've met my mental match. You're not it but I'm tired of arguing. Peace out.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No,

I think there is one big difference between those situations and this discussion. In the case of your doctor, mechanic, and barristas, they probably treat you with respect and provide sound advice, thus earning your repeat business. In your case, you tend to treat everybody like s**t, and then you try to brow beat them into agreeing with you even though they don't accept your premises or share your values. If they don't agree, you tend to dismiss them as nitwits and nobody is the least bit persuaded to your side. Worst of all, you tend to do this on other peoples' threads (like a bad mechanic coming to your house) where it isn't very welcome.

I like INGO and I hope that the politics section can be a friendly debate in the future. I hope that all parties will work towards a friendly debate, and not just succumb to name calling.

Last edited:

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Well too bad the FED has nothing to do with our federal government, except for stealing our money and counterfeiting it. The FED is a private company that does it. Might as well have the Mc Dollars.

However the Ramshilling does have a cool sound to it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Well too bad the FED has nothing to do with our federal government, except for stealing our money and counterfeiting it. The FED is a private company that does it. Might as well have the Mc Dollars.

However the Ramshilling does have a cool sound to it.

I liked the Ramble better. It just...fits somehow.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Letters requested

January 25, 2012

Sentencing is occurring this week and people are encouraged to write letters to the judge on behalf of Bernard von NotHaus.

Bernard von NotHaus requests your help
    You can help Von NotHaus by writing to Judge Voorhees, who is considering sentencing this week, and letting him know that you support the Liberty Dollar, and honest currency more broadly. You can ask the judge to dismiss the case, or wave the sentence against him. Von NotHaus says he is optimistic because there are more supporters of the Liberty Dollar today then there were before the raid, and he expects the sheer number of letters to influence the judge. Please send your respectful letter to:

Richard L. Voorhees
    U.S. District Judge
    U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
    250 Charles R. Jonas Federal Bldg.
    401 West Trade Street
    Charlotte NC 28202

And add: PLEASE FREE BVNH to the bottom left hand corner of your envelope.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    First don't dilude yourself. He is an anarchist who has no more use for the Constitution than any other law passed at any level of government.

Neither UPS or FedEx provides mail service. Neither may deliver non-urgent letters nor may they use postal boxes. They are both shipping companies. They are both held back by the postal monopoly created by the Constitution. The federal government constantly scrutinizes their business plans and products to ensure the monopoly remains intact.

The question is why? They keep losing money! I bet FedEx or UPS could do a much better job of delivering mail! I would like to see a trial enacted giving each a three year shot and the public voting on who should get the contract! Competition is always a good thing!:rockwoot:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    U.S. Secret Service Bans Sale of Silver and Gold Liberty Dollars on Ebay

U.S. Secret Service Bans Sale of Silver and Gold Liberty Dollars on Ebay

Since the shutdown of VonNothaus’ operation, many of the coins have been offered for sale or trade on mega-auction site Ebay, and this week the Secret Service took action. They contacted Ebay, which in turn advised sellers of the coins on their site that they could no longer engage in the trade of silver coins with the Norfed Liberty Dollar hallmark:

DOJ Press Release:
    Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are simply a unique form of domestic terrorism, U.S. Attorney Tompkins said in announcing the verdict. While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country, she added. We are determined to meet these threats through infiltration, disruption, and dismantling of organizations which seek to challenge the legitimacy of our democratic form of government.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes, indeed, one ounce of silver presented as one ounce of silver is a 'clear and present danger to econonomic stability' but printing fiat paper currency as fast as the presses will run isn't?

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    I don't see how that is possible, for the feds to confiscate it. I don't own any, but have some silver in "coin fashion" for the raw silver content. any coin shop has that stuff, similar to the bar format....its just silver. Do these coins say go "F-off US government" or "this coin is intended to replace US currency" or something? I kinda know the story of Bernard in Evansville.....and how they "framed the case" around him being a counterfit operation setting up a currency against the dollar in violation of some obscure central bank doctrine or something.....but its just silver, is it not? Really.....I am asking. Is our government that uptight about bullion circulating, OR is our dollar that fragile now.....

Top Bottom