• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It'd be like us having to deal with a rabid madness that's transmitted by staring into the eyes of a blue eyed blond for more than 10 seconds.

Well, I dated one of those in college, so... I kinda know what that feels like. :)

So... if everyone's already infected, why does ... oh never mind. But thanks for the info. :)

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Well, I dated one of those in college, so... I kinda know what that feels like. :)

So... if everyone's already infected, why does ... oh never mind. But thanks for the info. :)

Lol. If you get a chance check out the first season of Walking Dead. It's only 6 episodes. I know lots of people that aren't zombie fans that like the show. You'll have to forgive the Glock faux pas in the first episode though.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Lol. If you get a chance check out the first season of Walking Dead. It's only 6 episodes. I know lots of people that aren't zombie fans that like the show. You'll have to forgive the Glock faux pas in the first episode though.

Thanks. Several people have suggested that to me. I just don't have time.

A friend of mine who's been REALLY into zombie stuff for a long time always tells me that the stories aren't about the zombies, but about the people. Zombieism is just the MacGuffin that creates dramatic tension.

I will say that my favorite bit of zombie fiction is a book by an INGOer. The premise is actually... believable, and it was very compelling.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Thanks. Several people have suggested that to me. I just don't have time.

A friend of mine who's been REALLY into zombie stuff for a long time always tells me that the stories aren't about the zombies, but about the people. Zombieism is just the MacGuffin that creates dramatic tension.

I will say that my favorite bit of zombie fiction is a book by an INGOer. The premise is actually... believable, and it was very compelling.

They are right. The story revolves more around the characters with the zombies being secondary.

What is this book you speak of? Need to know more. I've read a decent amount of zombie fiction with my favorites being Day By Day Armageddon and Zombie Fallout series my Mark Tufo.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I just caught up the other night.

It was good to see some backstory on Nick, but I am hoping that doesn't set the tone for the entire season.

While I agree that he has been very lucky, I believe that most who survive the zombie apocalypse have all had very lucky moments to go any length of time.

The girl with the bat should have been neutralized, which he could have done. I do NOT mean killed (necessarily) but to allow the loss of water and other minimal essentials without putting up a struggle was counterproductive.

I really enjoyed the payback he got at the guy who took potshots at him with the pistol! That was totally cool. He reminded me a bit of Carol when he did that, although Carol would have wound up with all their weapons AND the ATV had she been in the crowd.

Doug

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I just caught up the other night.

It was good to see some backstory on Nick, but I am hoping that doesn't set the tone for the entire season.

While I agree that he has been very lucky, I believe that most who survive the zombie apocalypse have all had very lucky moments to go any length of time.

The girl with the bat should have been neutralized, which he could have done. I do NOT mean killed (necessarily) but to allow the loss of water and other minimal essentials without putting up a struggle was counterproductive.

I really enjoyed the payback he got at the guy who took potshots at him with the pistol! That was totally cool. He reminded me a bit of Carol when he did that, although Carol would have wound up with all their weapons AND the ATV had she been in the crowd.

Doug

Yeah, I was wondering whey the hell he didn't pick up the guns at least after the shooters turned in to lunch.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    So if a door is locked with a dead bolt, you just have to knock the door knob off to open it?

Yes. The door knob completely controls the deadbolt. I can't think of a single reason why that wouldn't work.

Was two episodes behind and finally got caught up.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Deadpool would be a far more reasonable president than the other choices.

At the risk of a total derail, any one of the TMNT would be a more reasonable president.

And then to bring it back to the topic, any of the ambulatory zombies would probably be a more reasonable president. The ones that don't move would be a tougher sell, but with the right messaging could make it work.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    At the risk of a total derail, any one of the TMNT would be a more reasonable president.

And then to bring it back to the topic, any of the ambulatory zombies would probably be a more reasonable president. The ones that don't move would be a tougher sell, but with the right messaging could make it work.

:yesway:

Top Bottom