• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I re watched the last episode last night...I was listening to the exchange between the Madison and her daughter Alicia....Where the mother was trying to explain why she had to help Nick...Alicia says, "He left us...He left US...Why are you wanting to risk everything for him??? Madison said, "You don't understand...He's my son"..Alicia said "But I am your daughter...I have always been here for you...I have never disobeyed you and he has brought you nothing but heartache and pain..."

And then it suddenly hit me....

Jesus of Nazareth (if you are a believer) or an early Christian/historian named Luke (if you are a non believer but an honest historian) wrote the greatest plot device known to the history of man...The Prodigal Son Parable....It's timeless...So much so that nearly 2000 years later a Zombie series on AMC is pulling it out...

Not a bad piece of writing for a Jewish carpenter/teacher...Timeless...Dare I say divine???:)

Think about that interplay between Madison and Alicia and then watch this little clip...Whether one is a believer or not that is kind of neat..I think I now understand how an outspoken Agnostic such as Christopher Hitchens could advocate for the KJV of the Bible to be taught in public schools beginning in 8th grade and finishing up the Senior year...I remember the CSPAN interviewer saying to Hitch "But you're an Atheist!!! How can you support and advocate something like that?" and Hitch, in his beautiful Richard Burton baritone said, "So when they get to University and study Western Literature and Law that will have an understanding of where all of that comes from...."

[video=youtube;Dg-7W36HJb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg-7W36HJb0[/video]

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My wife and I are yelling at the TV screen: Jump Travis! Jump!

What a wimp.

Only if he takes "Pony Boy" with him.......I want that little reject from "The Outsiders" lynched......

"Stay dead Pony Boy..."

0db1404bf71b8de96d0792ab8f6fec06.jpg

I wish they would let the "The Walking Dead" take another six month break and do another season of FWD...It's so good it's ruined TWD for me....With FWD as a back drop the whole comic book fantasy world of TWD just keeps looking lamer...

"Check it out!!! There is a Rasta man with cool dreads, a pet tiger and fighting knights in armor!!! How AWESOME!!!! They will fit right in with Woody the Sheriff, Samurai Queen, and the evil Babe Ruth and his baseball bat yuck, yuck....."

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Madison and Travis. I'd push them both off the top floor. What a disgusting lead couple.

It took me awhile to warm up to Rick on TWD. I didn't think he was a very good cop....then I started reading about all the bad shoots in Georgia, so maybe he's realistic. :)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Madison and Travis. I'd push them both off the top floor. What a disgusting lead couple.

It took me awhile to warm up to Rick on TWD. I didn't think he was a very good cop....then I started reading about all the bad shoots in Georgia, so maybe he's realistic. :)

I dislike them as well, but they are what they are at this point. I laughed when Travis was able to slip through the gate without anyone else making it through! Rick is from Kentucky, pew!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, sumbutch. I didn't think he was smart enough to make the low end cutoff for Kentucky and had to be a Georgia LEO.

Learn somethin' new every day.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    In the show or for real? I thought the show was set in Jawja.

In the show! Andrew Lincoln is from England oddly enough. Yea The show is mainly in Georgia, my wife's Aunt and Uncle live about a half hour away from where they film! I can't remember if Lori was from around Georgia or they went there because of the CDC. Either way he woke up in KY and then headed SE. They travel back there also when they find Morgan all crazy in that town.

Top Bottom