• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This thing feeling like it's dragging on ? I mean like dragging a dead horse a few miles .

This is an issue.

How do they tell a story of an extremely difficult travel experience without either cutting stuff out that should be there OR butchering it to the point of just appearing in Mexico? They want to show the chaos of the collapse of civilization but not drag it on and on and on...

The pace needs to be set well and I think this one is a bit slow. I would like to see perhaps a two (2) episode resolution on each "adventure." You would have a setup episode and then a resolution episode. This would also give enough time to throw in some background character development.

A big problem that I see is that by using a boat they really should be able to sidestep a LOT! A large yacht like that isn't a superyacht but it certainly would have the speed and ability to move 100 miles off shore, avoid the mass of problems, and get to Mexico very quickly without too much trouble. Not none, but not too much.

What Strand said about people being the problem is wrong in my opinion. From what I have read of boaters and yachters they are an extremely helpful community, by and large. They come from an extremely olde tradition of seafarers going back hundreds of years. They understand that the sea has no mercy and rely on one another very much. Extremely communal and cooperative in their own way. Any distress call will be answered by any boat that can irregardless of size or value. A guy with a $500k fishing boat would happily answer a distress call from a $100 million superyacht and vice versa. Now these are the "true" seafarers and not just day boaters. That said, the day boaters wouldn't know as much as the true seafarers and would be much less efficient on the water.

The rescue had better resolve itself in the next episode. I will not be happy if this drags into a three (3) episode story. They ought to be able to find Goober's basecamp (it can't be far with that puny boat Goober came in) and open a can of whoopa** on them right quick.

I also like how Travis is coming along! He seems to be slowly but surely adapting to making very morally difficult decisions while at the same time holding onto as much humanity as he can. He seems to understand the world he is now living in while at the same time doing what is right. I LIKE that a lot, because if everyone just becomes Rambo out for themselves then humanity is screwed. This is, to my thinking, a good balance to have - to be willing to do what needs doing while at the same time trying to do what is not always just self serving.

We shall see what happens.

Regards,

Doug

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    The new guy is a great shot that doesn't hesitate!

Ya, that was nice to see in this episode. Showed how to get the job done! Slowly but surely the characters are learning what's needed to survive. I know some complain about the pace, but it's easy to forget this takes place during the SAME time Rick was in a coma in the hospital when everything around him collapsed!

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am still the lone INGOer that thinks this show is awesome...I came here today with high hopes after that episode that some would start to agree with me about how this show is playing out less cartoonish than TWD but alas it is not to be...

I love Fear the Walking Dead....I think it's awesome...

There...I said it....

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think it's good too. It would be an excellent binge-watch at some point. Lots of shows do better bingewatching: Bates Motel, for one.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I am still the lone INGOer that thinks this show is awesome...I came here today with high hopes after that episode that some would start to agree with me about how this show is playing out less cartoonish than TWD but alas it is not to be...

I love Fear the Walking Dead....I think it's awesome...

There...I said it....

Not alone friend, I am liking it as well. Very interesting following it from the beginning, methinks that house would have been a good hideout long term ish.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am out of this show. Season one was not the best and I made it through the first two episodes of this season. That was enough for me.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    :facepalm:Stupid stupid kid. He's gotta go.

And to boot the kid couldn't even shoot the guys brain.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yeah. This one is a bit slow. But the SHTF soon I think.

Edit: not as hardcore as I was hoping for. But we can rest assured that Mexico will be a bust.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think Madison is trying to control her son Nick so much, he's going to have to leave.
    She's going to keep treating him the same way.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I missed last nights FTWD. A buddy came from out of town and I caught him up on Game of Thrones.

Hopefully tonight I'll catch up and see what happened with Travis.

Doug

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Got to watch it over lunch today...
    I don't understand whey Strand just doesn't dump them at this point. Too much weakness through most all of them.
    Doper boy seems to be adapting pretty well. The older guy, maybe, but too tied to the others now.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Excellent.....

The California kids are adapting well to the new world...(Some better than others) and the group seem to be finally blending as a "family"....

"Why are you doing this? You have got no skin in this game.."

"Neither do you so why are you helping?"

Perfect....

Plus airplane chick looks hot with her hair all curly...Why do I think women get hotter the more apocalyptic the situation????

Maybe I hate hair dryers and what they do to the ladies locks...

I love this show....

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    At least tonight's show has some zombies in it.

I can't wait until that little SJW punk gets eaten. I'll take one Junky Depp over 5 of him any day. To stand there like that, he needs his ass beat. Something tells me he just may get it too.

Top Bottom