• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    These guys are inherently smarter than the Georgia rednecks. It didn't take Nick long to figure out the zombie makeup trick. They look pretty stupid, but considering where they are timewise in the apocalypse, these folks are quick studies.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    These guys are inherently smarter than the Georgia rednecks. It didn't take Nick long to figure out the zombie makeup trick. They look pretty stupid, but considering where they are timewise in the apocalypse, these folks are quick studies.

Agreed. We have to remember where they are time wise, nests weekspreview showed plenty of lights/ fuel.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I just caught up last night. I thought it was a pretty good episode. Stuff will happen that needs fixin.

Travis has just earned his keep. Not only by going under the boat to deal with the one armed dead guy, but also by doing the basic maintenance.

Chris really screwed up wandering off, but by having to give mercy to the guy who was begging for it he may have learned a couple of things. Most important was what his father did for his mother, the other is don't wander off alone. I still find him annoying but I am open to his coming around.

Nick was really cool with what to take - "everything that ends in ...dines" and "...cillans." Short and simple. Junkie survival 101. I absolutely adored the guy with crabs! That was a truly awesome scene. And from that Nick learned the zombie camouflage trick. It was dumb of him to fall down there and almost die but came out well rewarded with knowledge. We did too. You don't need the guts, just the blood.

Strand is able to make decisions but leadership still sucks. In Vietnam certain young officers had bad accidents with grenades when they gave stupid orders. In WWI staff officers on all sides learned to remove their staff insignia else they might end up as an accidental casualty. He is going to learn that "my boat" only goes so far until the insurrection cometh. He de facto agreed with Travis's compromise, which I thought was nice by the way. Travis offered an idea of middle ground and Strand went along with it. After he went along with it he should not have unilaterally decided to cut the line. They were no significant threat and might have been able to help. Besides, sometimes a leader needs to compromise with the troops to avoid internal conflict. He should be bit in the butt by this soon. You really do need to know which hills to make a stand on and which ones to let go. He hasn't learned this lesson very well.

They are gathering information quickly. I am wondering how well they are all processing it? It is one thing to know what needs doing - it is another to embrace doing it. As I understand it there are special crews trained to clean up after a passenger train wreck. They get good psychological support both before and after the cleanup along with training on how to deal with the amount of what they will see. Most of us don't have that support, let alone the simple weeding out process of volunteering in the first place. Everyone is getting hit in the face with multiple fatality accidents every day, having to process this both logically and emotionally, then moving on the same day. This would have a helluva effect on everyone, except perhaps a true sociopath. That is why I don't set the bar that high on the learning curve. Yes, they need to learn, but they are also normal human beings.

Regards,

Doug

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I just caught up last night. I thought it was a pretty good episode. Stuff will happen that needs fixin.

Travis has just earned his keep. Not only by going under the boat to deal with the one armed dead guy, but also by doing the basic maintenance.

Chris really screwed up wandering off, but by having to give mercy to the guy who was begging for it he may have learned a couple of things. Most important was what his father did for his mother, the other is don't wander off alone. I still find him annoying but I am open to his coming around.

Nick was really cool with what to take - "everything that ends in ...dines" and "...cillans." Short and simple. Junkie survival 101. I absolutely adored the guy with crabs! That was a truly awesome scene. And from that Nick learned the zombie camouflage trick. It was dumb of him to fall down there and almost die but came out well rewarded with knowledge. We did too. You don't need the guts, just the blood.

Strand is able to make decisions but leadership still sucks. In Vietnam certain young officers had bad accidents with grenades when they gave stupid orders. In WWI staff officers on all sides learned to remove their staff insignia else they might end up as an accidental casualty. He is going to learn that "my boat" only goes so far until the insurrection cometh. He de facto agreed with Travis's compromise, which I thought was nice by the way. Travis offered an idea of middle ground and Strand went along with it. After he went along with it he should not have unilaterally decided to cut the line. They were no significant threat and might have been able to help. Besides, sometimes a leader needs to compromise with the troops to avoid internal conflict. He should be bit in the butt by this soon. You really do need to know which hills to make a stand on and which ones to let go. He hasn't learned this lesson very well.

They are gathering information quickly. I am wondering how well they are all processing it? It is one thing to know what needs doing - it is another to embrace doing it. As I understand it there are special crews trained to clean up after a passenger train wreck. They get good psychological support both before and after the cleanup along with training on how to deal with the amount of what they will see. Most of us don't have that support, let alone the simple weeding out process of volunteering in the first place. Everyone is getting hit in the face with multiple fatality accidents every day, having to process this both logically and emotionally, then moving on the same day. This would have a helluva effect on everyone, except perhaps a true sociopath. That is why I don't set the bar that high on the learning curve. Yes, they need to learn, but they are also normal human beings.

Regards,

Doug

Well written sir....Well done....

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Did I miss something or is this a broken story?

Where is Nick and what is he doing? Is his land venture before or after the boat attack?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So where is Nick, and how does he think he's going to get back to the boat? Or am I missing sonething because I'm also paying attention to the weather?

Edit:

Did I miss something or is this a broken story?

Where is Nick and what is he doing? Is his land venture before or after the boat attack?

Lol

Top Bottom