• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have been following this situation as well. There is alot of youtube videos over it... I even saw the leader of the michigan milita saying they were not involved. So Im guessing they just went after the wacko's and this isnt an outright attack on the militias.

If they're wacko's, we're wacko's. All in the eye of the beholder. In this case, the government. I might not agree with their idea of WANTING civil war, but that doesn't mean I support the government raiding them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    That email sounded like the ramblings of an incoherant person that is trying to do damage control due to the sh**hole they have dug themselves into. Me??? I don't give that any credit.
    That was pretty much my thoughts when I read what was posted. I don't go for the "Jack Bauer agents with cutting-edge technologies at their fingertips" scenario but I would think that the .gov would have some capability to potentially track that girl's IP from wi-fi net to wi-fi net, giving them a general direction of travel. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I have a question for anyone following this thread.

Has anyone been contacted by someone you don't know asking if you're affiliated with the militia or just taking you out for a drink to just "talk" with you? Anyone either on or off INGO? Just an out of the blue kinda thing?
    I got asked that by a store clerk here in my town when I OC'd into the store this winter. I also have been asked that by an older American Legion member at my local Legion.

Are you telling me, My Family is pay the price of Blood and Tears for nothing...
    No, Jeremy, they didn't. There are some (many?) citizens that remember, honor are thankful for what our ancestor veterans did for us - what our (you) young vets are doing for us today.

reconwayne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    if what the Rumors say is true then that Hutarree deserved it... But I have a better idea... Instead of arresting them how about load them up with pipe bombs and Ammo and send them to Iraq or Afghanistan?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    ok i give.....you'all don't get it....it's all in how it's worded......pipe bomb to the sheeple and gov. means terror.....

The G O V T = TERROR to me!!!! all the letter agencies are is a terror group themselves!! look at how they are making grown men afraid to even type the TRUTH on a computer! This is America and i can say anything i want about the big bad MAN, and its my right, i fought for it for all of you to do it too. Some Americans need to grow a pair, or find the ones they use to have. we have become complacent! WE THE PEOPLE ultimately CONTROL these letter agencies, so if they are doing things against the law or more importantly THE CONSTITUTION then we need to SPEAK out!!!! call your representatives first to try and get action taken!!! they control the budget these agencies have, so they WILL obey as long as enough people call and write about it. im all for talking in a forum about it to make people aware, but if forum post is all the action your taking then you arent doing enough by a long shot! CALL YOUR Senators and congressman today!!! tell them your discusted at the way the "MAN" is treating THE PEOPLE who he works for!! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THEIR BOSS!!! not the other way around.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Here's a copy of the indictment against the Hutaree. It is painfully obvious by the info given in the indictment by the grand jury that someone inside was working for the feds. Duh. If they were planning on assassinating cops then they're getting what they deserve. If it's made up....then they're getting shafted.

Via Scribd

You'll have to read it at the source, it's not copy friendly.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    MyWestTexas.com - AP News

9 Midwest Christian militia members charged in plot to kill police, attack officer's funeral
    By COREY WILLIAMS and DEVLIN BARRETT
    Associated Press Writers

DETROIT (AP) -- Nine suspects tied to a Midwest Christian militia that was preparing for the Antichrist were charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then attack a funeral using homemade bombs in the hopes of killing more law enforcement personnel, federal prosecutors said Monday.
    The Michigan-based group, called Hutaree, planned to use the attack on police as a catalyst for a larger uprising against the government, according to newly unsealed court papers. U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said agents moved on the group because its members were planning a violent reconnaissance mission sometime in April.
    Members of the group, including its leader, David Brian Stone, also known as "Captain Hutaree," were charged following FBI raids over the weekend on locations in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana.
    The idea of attacking a police funeral was one of numerous scenarios discussed as ways to go after law enforcement officers, the indictment said. Other scenarios included a fake 911 call to lure an officer to his or her death, or an attack on the family of a police officer.
    Once other officers gathered for a slain officer's funeral, the group planned to detonate homemade bombs at the funeral, killing more, according to the indictment.
    After such attacks, the group allegedly planned to retreat to "rally points" protected by trip-wired improvised explosive devices, or IEDs, for what they expected would become a violent standoff with law enforcement personnel.
    "It is believed by the Hutaree that this engagement would then serve as a catalyst for a more wide-spread uprising against the government," the indictment charges.
    According to investigators, the Hutaree view local, state, and federal law enforcement personnel as a "brotherhood" and an enemy, and planned to attack them as part of an armed struggle against the U.S. government.
    The indictment charges members of the group conspired "to levy war against the United States, (and) to oppose by force the authority of the government of the United States."
    Eight suspects have been arrested by the FBI, and one more is being sought. Of the eight captured, seven were arraigned Monday in Detroit and ordered held pending a bond hearing Wednesday.
    The charges against the eight include seditious conspiracy, possessing a firearm during a crime of violence, teaching the use of explosives, and attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction - homemade bombs. All seven defendants in court on Monday requested to be represented by the federal defender's office.
    The arrests have dealt "a severe blow to a dangerous organization that today stands accused of conspiring to levy war against the United States," U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Monday.
    Stone's ex-wife, Donna Stone, told The Associated Press before the arraignments that her former husband was to blame for pulling her son into the Hutaree movement. She said David Brian Stone legally adopted her son, David Brian Stone Jr., who is among those indicted. She said the marriage lasted about 10 years.
    "It started out as a Christian thing," said Donna Stone, 44. "You go to church. You pray. You take care of your family. I think David started to take it a little too far. He dragged a lot of people with him."
    Another son of David Brian Stone, Joshua Matthew Stone, also was indicted and is a fugitive, said Detroit FBI spokeswoman Sandra Berchtold.
    On its Web site, Hutaree quotes several Bible passages and states: "We believe that one day, as prophecy says, there will be an Anti-Christ. ... Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment." There's also a picture on the site of 17 camouflaged men, all holding large guns.
    The group didn't return an e-mail sent by The Associated Press, and attempts by telephone to reach the Stones went unanswered.
    FBI agents in Michigan swarmed a rural, wooded property Saturday evening in Adrian, about 70 miles southwest of Detroit. The same night in Hammond, Ind., law enforcement agents flooded a neighborhood, startling workers at a nearby pizzeria. And in Ohio authorities blocked off streets and raided two homes.
    Outside Adrian, two ramshackle trailers sat side-by-side on Stone's property. A long gun leaned against a washing machine that sat in the yard, and on top of a nearby canister was another long gun.
    Heidi Wood, who lives near the property, said Monday morning she hears gunshots "all the time."
    Her mother, Phyllis Brugger, who has lived in the area for more than 30 years, said Stone and his family were known as having ties to militia. They would shoot guns and often wore camouflage, the women said.
    "Everybody knew they were militia," Brugger said. "You don't mess with them."
    In Hammond, 18-year-old George Ponce, who works at a pizzeria next door to a home that was raided, said he and a few co-workers stepped outside for a break Saturday night and saw a swarm of law enforcement.
    "I heard a yell, 'Get back inside!' and saw a squad member pointing a rifle at us," Ponce said. "They told us the bomb squad was going in, sweeping the house looking for bombs."
    He said another agent was in the bushes near the house, and law enforcement vehicles were "all over." He estimated that agents took more than two dozen guns from the house.
    In Ohio, one of the raids occurred at Bayshore Estates, a well-kept trailer park in Sandusky, a small city on Lake Erie between Toledo and Cleveland. Neighbors said the man taken into custody lived in a trailer on a cul-de-sac with his wife and two young children.
    ---

reconwayne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Based off of what I read I think they got what they deserved. Good for the Michigan Militia for not helping them... Im all for preparing and training for the US vs Them times, but I will not act until they do.

reconwayne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Sorry for the double post I am making but i got to wondering reading What MK18 wrote...
    Conspiring is the biggest lame charge there is.... Its a victimless crime. It shouldnt even be a crime....

Lets say something dumb was illegal.. Dying easter eggs blue..
    And I thought and said I might dye an easter egg blue this year...

Should I go to jail for thinking about and talking about doing it?

Im sorry to say it but they should have waited till after or during the so called "attack" to arrest them

Innocent till proven guilty

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm betting the only person actually talking about killing cops turns out to be the fed informant. Holder DOJ has a habit of such raids, based up on such "evidence," at convenient times.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sorry for the double post I am making but i got to wondering reading What MK18 wrote...
    Conspiring is the biggest lame charge there is.... Its a victimless crime. It shouldnt even be a crime....

Im sorry to say it but they should have waited till after or during the so called "attack" to arrest them

This whole case will likely be based on conspiracy. It's a favourite of the feds. Has been for decades.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    18-year-old George Ponce, who works at a pizzeria next door to a home that was raided, said he and a few co-workers stepped outside for a break Saturday night and saw a swarm of law enforcement.
    "I heard a yell, 'Get back inside!' and saw a squad member pointing a rifle at us," Ponce said.

hmmmmm so now its also ok for police to point weapons at innocent civilians??? This is BS!!!! you can tell that cop doesnt have proper training, you dont bring your wepon to the fire possition until you intend to fire. all the time i see these SWAT Police IDIOTS with their fingers on the trigger, and the weapons raised. IDIOTS

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Here's a copy of the indictment against the Hutaree. It is painfully obvious by the info given in the indictment by the grand jury that someone inside was working for the feds. Duh. If they were planning on assassinating cops then they're getting what they deserve. If it's made up....then they're getting shafted.

Via Scribd

You'll have to read it at the source, it's not copy friendly.

I seriously doubt they were REALLY planning to do this. Seriously. Who would be stupid enough to think a plan, like what is laid out in the indictment, would really work? It's ridiculous.

What's worse, is that they pretty much spell out that anyone PREPARING for civil war is an enemy of the state, regardless of whether you plan to be the aggressor or defender. Basically anyone, militia or not, training in any way for a fire fight should be arrested and tried as an enemy of the state. :poop:'s getting deep here folks.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    According to the above quote, a militia is necessary to secure a free state. Breaking the country down into states, the militia was to protect each state from the tyranny of a central government. Seems some feds don't like the people to exercise their constitutional rights. This after the feds step all over the constitution.

And the part of the militias not being dangerous to the public, that is correct. The militias as guaranteed by the supreme law of the land would only be dangerous to a federal government bent on taking over as supreme leader.

Would the founders of the United States today be called part of the lunatic fringe???

Just wondering?

I don't think the founding fathers had the idea that "good people" would decide to use the constitution to further their agenda.

A group looking for "end times" to come, and hurrying it along is not in support of the constitution. According to reports, these guys were planning to kill "any" LEO they could get a hold of, and during his/her funeral, they would set off explosives to kill additional LEOs. This is not in support of the constitution, it is directly opposed to it.

As far as, why doesn't the FBI, CIA, and the other LEO agencies not going gang busters on the gangsters across our slowly collapsing country. Well, apparently they haven't posted web blogs touting their plans to kill anyone.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Based off of what I read I think they got what they deserved. Good for the Michigan Militia for not helping them... Im all for preparing and training for the US vs Them times, but I will not act until they do.

Apparently they're a little on the nutty side about end times, but I SERIOUSLY doubt they were really preparing to do what they're charged with.

And that's the whole point here, but a lot of people, including you, are applauding the Feds in this matter. It's making me sick.

I'm betting the only person actually talking about killing cops turns out to be the fed informant. Holder DOJ has a habit of such raids, based up on such "evidence," at convenient times.

Exactly. Probably a casual "What if" conversation and the informant took it seriously. :rolleyes:

A group looking for "end times" to come, and hurrying it along is not in support of the constitution. According to reports, these guys were planning to kill "any" LEO they could get a hold of, and during his/her funeral, they would set off explosives to kill additional LEOs. This is not in support of the constitution, it is directly opposed to it.

Again, we don't know this. The Federal News Agency's reported at least 4-5 different stories between this morning and this afternoon. All from "credible sources" that all turned out to be :bs:

reconwayne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Even a conspiracy charge with out an actual crime is nothing but word of mouth and hearsay... Stupid Fed overstepping their bounds again....

Im going to go walk over to my neighbors door, peek in his window, wave and ring the doorbell, when he opens it im going to punch him in the face...

Oh no I conspired to do something.....

For the record Im not going to do that... i dont feel like walking across 3 acres

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I seriously doubt they were REALLY planning to do this. Seriously. Who would be stupid enough to think a plan, like what is laid out in the indictment, would really work? It's ridiculous.

What's worse, is that they pretty much spell out that anyone PREPARING for civil war is an enemy of the state, regardless of whether you plan to be the aggressor or defender. Basically anyone, militia or not, training in any way for a fire fight should be arrested and tried as an enemy of the state. :poop:'s getting deep here folks.
    SE, The Hutaree are well known in certain circles as a group that wanted an end times result. They have been looking for a hallelujah moment for years. That's one of the main reasons the Michigan Militia refused to help them. It's not a great stretch to think that they were easily talked into this event by an agent provocateur working for the feds. But there has to be a willingness to proceed on their part. Stupid is as stupid does. There's a reason Holder isn't raiding the Michigan Militia. They didn't get talked into BS like this. The Hutaree were, at best, low hanging fruit waiting for their moment.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    SE, The Hutaree are well known in certain circles as a group that wanted an end times result. They have been looking for a hallelujah moment for years. That's one of the main reasons the Michigan Militia refused to help them. It's not a great stretch to think that they were easily talked into this event by an agent provocateur working for the feds. But there has to be a willingness to proceed on their part. Stupid is as stupid does. There's a reason Holder isn't raiding the Michigan Militia. They didn't get talked into BS like this. The Hutaree were, at best, low hanging fruit waiting for their moment.

I refuse to believe it until I hear or see proof.

reconwayne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Savage Eagle, Im not applauding them. if all it is is because someone talked then I think the Hutaree are getting the shaft... If they seriously sold a pipe bomb then they got what they deserved... Im just commenting on the Idea of a conspiracy charge and how dumb it is... Doesnt conspiracy only amount to probation and a fine?

Top Bottom