• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    So...does anyone know if this means the Hutaree Saturday picnic is cancelled? I'm trying to figure out what to do with all these sandwiches?

reconwayne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    I would say yes the lunch is cancelled.. you maybe able to ship them to the dentention err i mean reeducation camps to them via red cross

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    So...does anyone know if this means the Hutaree Saturday picnic is cancelled? I'm trying to figure out what to do with all these sandwiches?

They didn't get 'em all, no need to be pessimistic about your picnic. Just head to the rally point. I'm sure folks will be a tad hungry by then!

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Sorry for the double post I am making but i got to wondering reading What MK18 wrote...
    Conspiring is the biggest lame charge there is.... Its a victimless crime. It shouldnt even be a crime....

Lets say something dumb was illegal.. Dying easter eggs blue..
    And I thought and said I might dye an easter egg blue this year...

Should I go to jail for thinking about and talking about doing it?

Im sorry to say it but they should have waited till after or during the so called "attack" to arrest them

Innocent till proven guilty
    So if even we had 'suspected', we should have just the terrorists fly into the WTC? After all they might had just been joking....

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I just want to see someone get tazered. It's hilarious. This happened not to far from where I live. There were cops, EVERYWHERE. Plotting to kill cops? WTF? Well, if they didn't like the government before, they are going to hate them now. I hope they enjoy prison.

reconwayne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    So if even we had 'suspected', we should have just the terrorists fly into the WTC? After all they might had just been joking....

In our system of government yes. innocent till proven guilty is the law of the land. maybe if our alphabet agencies werent wasting time chasing stupid stuff or not following credible intel they would have been able to track the cell and load the plane with air marshals. Come on you couldnt carry on a bic razor but they let 3 habeebs in with box cutters?

If we fill the prisons with people that just said something but never did it we would become a prison country. Victimless crimes are worthless and just a way to exploit money from the people. I am sure you have either A said some things you didnt mean or said some things you didnt follow through with. Should you go to jail or a re education camp for it?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    In our system of government yes. innocent till proven guilty is the law of the land. maybe if our alphabet agencies werent wasting time chasing stupid stuff or not following credible intel they would have been able to track the cell and load the plane with air marshals. Come on you couldnt carry on a bic razor but they let 3 habeebs in with box cutters?

If we fill the prisons with people that just said something but never did it we would become a prison country. Victimless crimes are worthless and just a way to exploit money from the people. I am sure you have either A said some things you didnt mean or said some things you didnt follow through with. Should you go to jail or a re education camp for it?

You may not legally conspire to commit a crime. The bar is pretty high for conspiracy, but if you get together and plan a crime, and the evidence shows you actually intended to carry it out, you have committed the crime of conspiracy. This is perfectly reasonable, just as it is reasonable to set the legal bar high to convict for conspiracy alone in the absence of the criminal act being conspired to.

Are you suggesting that if I'm recorded hiring you to kill my wife, that there's no crime unless you actually attempt to kill her?

reconwayne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    You may not legally conspire to commit a crime. The bar is pretty high for conspiracy, but if you get together and plan a crime, and the evidence shows you actually intended to carry it out, you have committed the crime of conspiracy. This is perfectly reasonable, just as it is reasonable to set the legal bar high to convict for conspiracy alone in the absence of the criminal act being conspired to.

Are you suggesting that if I'm recorded hiring you to kill my wife, that there's no crime unless you actually attempt to kill her?

Tell me what the crime is there? at what point is there a victim? This isnt Minority Report. Or are you saying the 1st amendment is more of a guideline subject to interpretation and legislative limitations? You either take the right as a whole or not all. That is how I see it. That is why hearsay is rarely admissable in court. What If I (in your theoretical situation) were just kidding? What it was just a conversation between 2 guys who know what a pain in the rear my wife is?

Should I go to prison for the ignorance of the person who tried to play dick tracy?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Tell me what the crime is there? at what point is there a victim? This isnt Minority Report. Or are you saying the 1st amendment is more of a guideline subject to interpretation and legislative limitations? You either take the right as a whole or not all. That is how I see it. That is why hearsay is rarely admissable in court. What If I (in your theoretical situation) were just kidding? What it was just a conversation between 2 guys who know what a pain in the rear my wife is?

Should I go to prison for the ignorance of the person who tried to play dick tracy?

I got a clue this wasn't Minority Report when I waved my hands in front of my computer screen and nothing happened.

I'm not sure how we got the 1st Amendment involved in what I wrote, unless you think you have a 1A right to say, "Hey man, I'll give you 10K to kill my wife."

I patiently explained in my post that the burden of legal proof is high to prove conspiracy without the crime having been conspired to having actually ocurred.

I ask again, if it can be proved in court that I hired someone to kill my wife, are you saying there's no crime? Besides changing longstanding legal precedent, I would also submit that your position isn't very practical.

Now, I have no opinion on whether these so-called militia people did anything wrong or not. I'm suspending opinion until I have more information. I view the government with suspicion in these (and really, ALL matters) and I also view groups with extreme views with suspicion. I will wait for more info.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It has been released that those arrested were plotting to harm uniformed civilians as a way of showing their dislike of the feds. Assuming this is true, harming innocent police officers is a stupid way to show you are pissed off at the federal goverment. Not my idea of a way to show your feelings to an out of control government. Just makes it look bad for honest militia.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Here's a copy of the indictment against the Hutaree. It is painfully obvious by the info given in the indictment by the grand jury that someone inside was working for the feds. Duh. If they were planning on assassinating cops then they're getting what they deserve. If it's made up....then they're getting shafted.

Via Scribd

You'll have to read it at the source, it's not copy friendly.
    Just popping this to the end so it doesn't get lost in the muddle.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Hopefully they operated their own SERE school; could come in handy in the next few weeks.

They can't hide forever. Kind of put up or shut up time for 'em. They either fight and die while they can, or slink away and eventually surrender or be captured. They won't have long before they'll have to decide. In a short time, the feds will be holding their wives and kids hostage, making up charges to pressure those on the run.

If they choose to fight, they have a hard choice to make. Go after local LE, go after the feds while they are still in town, go after local LE families, go after the Michigan Militia that appears to have collaborated with the feds... they seem to have a long list of enemies to choose from, limited time and resources with which to make a strike that will be remembered, and no one to help them out.

Kinda screwed no matter which way they turn, I'd say.

Top Bottom