Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Check out Lord's Resistance Army for starters.

The question I believe was "Christians killing infidels?"

As posed the question didn't address how widespread it may or may not be.

You could probably add the KKK to that, the National Liberation Front of Tripura in India, Antibalaka in Africa, both sides in Ireland although that seems to have calmed as of late, and several others if you care to actually read up on it. Christian terrorism is a thing, it's just not talked about a lot here.

I have to point out a very critical point. In all of the above-mentioned examples, we are dealing with people doing things that the religion they claim to hold specifically commands them NOT to do--an entirely different situation than others who are committing atrocities doing exactly what their book requires of them. If you still doubt this, compare Mohammed's personal body count with Christ's personal body count (or lack thereof).

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Even the scriptures to tell us that there will be false brethren, false apostles among us. Wolves in sheeps clothing…..but you shall know them by there fruit. Many have proclaimed a "christian" religion while doing evil.

I was watching PBS last night and a American traveled to Palestine for a tourism promotion. He sat down and talked to a Muslim man. The Muslim said they wanted peace and share love with all people, that they believed in God…then he reached out and too the Americans hand and said, thats why we want you, for you to come with us. Red Flag jumped at me at that point……they want us….infidels to come to them….to convert and come to heaven with them. A Muslim later said they believe in Jesus just like christians do,……BUT…..Jesus is the 2nd prophet, Mohammed is the first and great prophet. And there you have it, and this above all else shows the great divide that can never come together and will always separate Muslim from Christianity. Muslims believe they go to God through Mohammed. Jesus said no man can come to the Father except through him, Jesus is the the door and the only door to the Father, anyone trying to go to the Father through any other door is a thief and a liar.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    So has the motive for this whole PP deal been released? I'm assuming it wasn't an anti abortion thing since the story has dropped out of the news cycle

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You don't see any sort of double standard between how we treat Islam and how we treat Christianity on this forum?

So there is a double standard but it is justified?

You don't see any sort of double standard between how we treat pedophiles and how we treat daycare workers on this forum?

Pedophiles are not a protected class YET are they? I'd hate to get banned as a troll.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Check out Lord's Resistance Army for starters.
    Yeah I read the wiki article and saw where the US put them on the terrorist list "BUT" then took them off. Wiki calls it a cult of personality.

the interesting quote that I found in the article was "In 1986, the armed rebellion waged by Yoweri Museveni's NRA won the Ugandan Bush War and achieved control of the country."

As history illustrates, many who called themselves Christians carried out mass atrocities on a wholesale level, especially during medieval times and the Inquisition.
    However, we had the Enlightment, which was a result of other Christians refusing the evil, which resulted in the Reformation, which was in fact, actually bringing Christianity back much closer to what it was intended to be at its founding.
    There are no more institutionalized burnings at the stake, no more beheadings, no more stonings, no more crucifixions...at least not being conducted by Christians.
    For some reason, those atrocities, and even worse, are happening at the hands of others, others who proudly proclaim that their religion commands that they carry out these atrocities.
    Anyone who can't see that is either stupid or lying.

That is misleading unless you put it in context. Remember the moors? Cordoba? The Ottomans? I will admit that the catholic church was striving for a Carthaginian solution to the muslim PROBLEM, as evidenced by pope inocent III's (LOL) quote "Kill them all and let God sort out His own." Too bad they failed.

So has the motive for this whole PP deal been released? I'm assuming it wasn't an anti abortion thing since the story has dropped out of the news cycle

It was eclipsed by the disgruntled employee in San Bernadino.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The question I believe was "Christians killing infidels?"

As posed the question didn't address how widespread it may or may not be.

You could probably add the KKK to that, the National Liberation Front of Tripura in India, Antibalaka in Africa, both sides in Ireland although that seems to have calmed as of late, and several others if you care to actually read up on it. Christian terrorism is a thing, it's just not talked about a lot here.

I can speak with *some* first-hand experience here. In many places - especially Mexico/Latin America, and Africa, the spread of Christianity often involved merging/co-opting pagan beliefs/practices. I saw some of it first-hand, thanks to mission work among some of the indigenous people in Mexico, where it is sometimes difficult to tell where Christianity (often some form of Roman Catholicism) ends, and vestiges of pagan (Olmec/Mayan/Aztec) beliefs begin. The same is true for the spread of Christianity into Africa: it was spread in a way that co-opted pagan beliefs and practices, rather than replacing them with Christian doctrine.

(Side note: this is the primary reason for some of the more brutal commands in the Old Testament, when God led the Israelites into Canaan. God did not want pagan beliefs, such as the sexual idolatry of Ashtoreth and the infant sacrifice of Ba'al, to adulterate His people - which ended up being exactly what happened as a result of the Israelites not eradicating the people practicing those beliefs.)

So, in the end, you have pagans killing other pagans - which has been going on forever. Some of those involved now have a mantle of Christianity, but they're acting on their pagan beliefs, not on Christian beliefs.

(Another side note: much the same can be said about fanatical Muslims, since Islam is entirely a religion based on co-opting the beliefs of all of the pagan religions that Mohammad unified and subjugated. He took all their beliefs, meshed them into a whole, declared One True God over all of them, murdered anyone who challenged/disagreed with him, and the rest is history.)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yet another one to add the immense pile of reasons why Mark Levin calls it the "New York Slimes."

Mark levins an idiot, he was just on the radio the other night complaining " why do we call them semi-auto guns?" Going off Like the term semi auto is some liberal conspiracy.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    When these "Christian" groups get their score up to this level you will have my attention......
    the numbers just don't compare are all, how can a thinking individual say it is the same thing?

Female suicide bombers wreak havoc in West Africa on behalf of the Islamic State | The Long War Journal

I was not comparing body counts or comparing one to the other, or implying they were the same. I simply addressed the implication that Christians don't kill non-Christians for religious reasons, when SOME in fact do. Nothing more.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Mark levins an idiot, he was just on the radio the other night complaining " why do we call them semi-auto guns?" Going off Like the term semi auto is some liberal conspiracy.

Levin is fantastic. He destroys liberals with logic and is fantastic on constitutional matters. He is a gun owner, friends with Hannity who could be defined as a gun nut. Levin is a good guy, cut him some slack on the minor stuff.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Top Bottom