Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not at all. If the Bible and/or the teaching and example of Christ commanded the extermination of unbelievers, I would not subscribe to that system of belief and would be just as harsh on it as I am on Islam by virtue of the fact that its book and the teaching and example of its prophet DO call for my extermination by virtue of my nonbelief in that system of belief.

I will grant you that religion can be a lot like Linux in that a person can take a basic idea and form his own just-right-for-him system out of it, with actual mileage varying on a case by case basis, but for the purpose at hand the only reasonable way to evaluate a religion is by the contents of its book(s) and the teaching and example of its founder as polling every individual believer is not practical, and this is not Microsoft where you take it Bill's way or you do without.

Luke 19:27

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Question:

Anybody know of any Christian preachers, anywhere IN THE WORLD preaching violence and kill the infidels as referenced in the above? ^^^^^^^^

I'll wait.

[video=youtube;rTyN-vvFIkE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTyN-vvFIkE[/video]

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Explain it then

Jesus was telling a parable. A fictional story used to parallel real life. That line was spoken by a character in that parable. The parable dealt with judgment day and what would happen to people on that day. It is not a command to Christians.

Here is an actual command to Christians:

"But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and [to] the evil."-Luke 6:35

Here's another one:

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."-Matthew 5:43-45

And His one command that summed up the rest:

"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." -John 15:12

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Sorry, apples and oranges, please try again, show me where he is telling his followers to go out and kill the infidels.
    Show me anywhere in the world Christians are being told to go and kill.
    Show me anywhere in the world Buddhists are being told to go and kill.
    etc.

ETA:

Now for bonus points, see if it is possible to find evidence of imams preaching killing the infidels......
    I know I'm asking the impossible because it never happens but just humor me.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OK there Mr. Master Theologian, that is a parable referring to the judgement before God AFTER THE END OF THIS LIFE, not an imperative for believers to kill people in the present life for noncompliance.

Oh so, it isn't about killing the non-believer of Christ?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Jesus was telling a parable. A fictional story used to parallel real life. That line was spoken by a character in that parable. The parable dealt with judgment day and what would happen to people on that day. It is not a command to Christians.

Here is an actual command to Christians:

"But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and [to] the evil."-Luke 6:35

Here's another one:

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."-Matthew 5:43-45

And His one command that summed up the rest:

"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." -John 15:12

So where is the command to Muslims to kill non-Muslims?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Oh so, it isn't about killing the non-believer of Christ?

No. Do you now understand that? Did you even bother reading the entire chapter for the context? Would you like to join a bible study to learn more about the bible? I'm sure their are churches and good pastors that would help you.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No. Do you now understand that? Did you even bother reading the entire chapter for the context? Would you like to join a bible study to learn more about the bible? I'm sure their are churches and good pastors that would help you.

Perhaps I used the wrong words. Is the passage not about punishing the non-believer, buy ending their existence? And yeah, I've read the chapter well before this instance.
    I also asked about the Islamic passages to kill the non-believer, as I have not read the Koran.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Is the passage not about punishing the non-believer, buy ending their existence? And yeah, I've read the chapter well before this instance.

None of that is for us to handle. It is not our decision nor it is our responsibility to carry it out. That will be between the non-believer and God. We are expressly instructed to leave it that way.

So where is the command to Muslims to kill non-Muslims?

I have not carefully studied their book and do not feel qualified to interpret it for them, so I have and will continue to refrain from commenting on it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Perhaps I used the wrong words. Is the passage not about punishing the non-believer, buy ending their existence? And yeah, I've read the chapter well before this instance.
    I also asked about the Islamic passages to kill the non-believer, as I have not read the Koran.

No, it isn't. Not in the slightest - and certainly, not in the context you presented it (unless you know some way to stand before Jesus in the here-and-now?).

The parable is a metaphor for being held accountable to Jesus, at the judgment seat (i.e. not during this life, but in the afterlife), for our stewardship of what He gave to each of us - our talents, abilities, and resources. It is judgment in the afterlife. It has nothing to do with anything we are called to do here on earth.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Really?

Really?

Pure sophistry. Kut, I expect much, much better from you, in terms of reading comprehension and intellectual honesty.

I have a point to make Chip. The verse mentioned CAN be used by loons to justify killing non-believers, despite what it may actually mean to some. I betting that the same, admittedly faulty, logic I used, is used the same concerning passages in the Koran. So I'm hoping someone will post up the "kill the infidel" passages so we can take a look at what they really mean, rather than simply saying (out of context), "the Koran says 'this' or 'that'."

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

I have not read the Koran, just my opinion is that some muslims are peaceful and some are not. It might depend all on what they have been taught, and I'm no expert on that. However many muslims proclaim a hate for jews and christians, and anyone who is not muslim so there is the concern why some, or perhaps many believe that. Here is a link and what I have found, remembering I can't say one way or the other just what all or some muslims believe.

~~ |~~ Is Islam Violent?* What The Koran says. ~~

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have a point to make Chip. The verse mentioned CAN be used by loons to justify killing non-believers, despite what it may actually mean to some. I betting that the same, admittedly faulty, logic I used, is used the same concerning passages in the Koran. So I'm hoping someone will post up the "kill the infidel" passages so we can take a look at what they really mean, rather than simply saying (out of context), "the Koran says 'this' or 'that'."

:rofl:

BUT THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED!!!!
    It HAS happened with verses from the quran.... WHAT is the difference?

P.S. Do you have those videos yet?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :rofl:

BUT THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED!!!!
    It HAS happened with verses from the quran.... WHAT is the difference?

P.S. Do you have those videos yet?

Actually it has, and IS currently happening. It's not the western world, so ill forgive you for not knowing.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I have a neighbor who painted a big number 3 on the door of his barn after Dale Earnhardt died.

All I know about him is that he loves NASCAR, and somehow I'm certain that he drinks beer.

Top Bottom