Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    This is where things start getting slippery. What is a human, what is personhood, blah blah. This will go in circles. I believe in the early stages it simply has potential for life. It's not yet human, it has no personhood. Once it has the ability to feel pain and has a working heart, then I can start to consider it human. Just my beliefs.

My opinion is that life begins and ends with a heart beat. At the hospital, if you flat line, if they can't revive you, you have no heart beat and you are dead. A baby's heart beat begins as early as six weeks (which is about two weeks after a woman should test positive to a test). I've experienced the joy and heart break that an ultrasound provides to baby heart beats. The first time my wife was pregnant, there was not heart beat at 11 weeks (actually probably stopped at 8 weeks). So far we are good at 33 this time.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't think that will bother me. It's more about my inability to control myself in accordance with board rules than itis about the other person. Sort of a "don't get banned safety mechanism"
    Ha, hey, we like you here. I used to get worked up but for some reason I stopped suddenly. Anymore, I just don't care. It allows me to continue being internet "friends" even though we may have differing views/opinions.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You mean they're not all saints? Wow! I thought only the perfect were allowed to call themselves Christian.

It's an attempt to throw fire on an inflamed thread and **** people off. Poor form. I'm losing a lot of respect for people lately. Apparently I'm not as good a judge of character as I thought I was.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This is where things start getting slippery. What is a human, what is personhood, blah blah. This will go in circles. I believe in the early stages it simply has potential for life. It's not yet human, it has no personhood. Once it has the ability to feel pain and has a working heart, then I can start to consider it human. Just my beliefs.

Being human being in nature is defined by biology and genetics. Life - the condition of being living - is defined by biology and physiology. At every point past conception, the unborn is a living human being, according to these definitions. (While "the ability to feel pain" and "a working heart" are not part of those established, scientific definitions, both conditions exist when elective abortions take place.)

"Personhood" is not a scientific term; it is a political term, almost always used to deny basic human rights to some subset of human beings.

Biologically, physiologically, and genetically, the unborn at every stage past conception is a unique, living, human being. The science cannot be argued; only emotion and belief can be argued. That is why such argument generally proves to be unfruitful.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    My opinion is that life begins and ends with a heart beat.
    So far we are good at 33 this time.

I know us crazy rightwing religious nuts are accused of being science haters, but I tend to think once sperm/egg combine and the new DNA is established, the new life has begun. A DNA test would show it to be a human and have unique identifiers that will be with that person forever. The rest is just growth/development. getting a heartbeat is one stage of growth/development. being born and loosing the umbilical cord is another, baby teeth replaced w/ adult teeth another, puberty is yet another....

one line in the sand to kill him/her sounds no different to me than another... heartbeat, loosing first baby tooth, first pube....

good luck with yours! week 33 is the homestretch. our first was born at 26 weeks! 1lb, 14 oz. :baby: He's 7yrs now. Dr. wanted to abort to save mom. she's doing well, too.

-rvb

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    From the article:

Screen-Shot-2015-11-30-at-11.21.51-PM.png

So 70% of women who have had abortions identify as Christian. However, when you consider that 70% of the population as a whole identifies as Christian... it really tells us nothing of value. This is an extremely dishonest article.

However, the study itself is more interesting. It reveals that only 20% of these 'Christians' even claimed to have been attending church on a weekly basis and only 6% attended more than once a week - I think it is a safe bet that a large majority of these women were nominal Christians at best.

I do think that we, as Christians, do need to carefully consider the way we treat women who become pregnant out of wedlock. While it is obviously not something that we should condone, systemically harsh treatment of these women could lead some to attempt to hide that pregnancy - and there is only one way to do that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's an attempt to throw fire on an inflamed thread and **** people off. Poor form. I'm losing a lot of respect for people lately. Apparently I'm not as good a judge of character as I thought I was.

You need to calm down. Don't get so worked up. The sooner you figure out you can't change someone's mind, the happier you'll be overall. Your blood is in the water, and people can smell it. The more obvious you make your frustration, the more the sharks will circle.
    That's my unbiased advice.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Meh, I tried.

wonder what kind of lock this thread will get. A Baldwin lock? Schlage are real good. Master is a joke... I can pick any Master brand lock. What about Weiser? Weslock? Kiwkset?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I do think that we, as Christians, do need to carefully consider the way we treat women who become pregnant out of wedlock. While it is obviously not something that we should condone, systemically harsh treatment of these women could lead some to attempt to hide that pregnancy - and there is only one way to do that.

Agreed. The culture is a pervasive inflluence on our kids. Even with our best efforts, too many will fall for the peer pressure and we shouldn't compound one mistake by making them think they have to fix it by making another.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well since religion, christianity and abortion are being brought up and no lock maybe some bible will shut it down….? We use to have them in the schools….way back.

[h=1]Jeremiah 1:5King James Version (KJV)[/h]5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee….

Psalms 139

13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
    14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
    16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Top Bottom