MQ3eT.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sure they went to a Catholic school, I'm honestly not sure religion should even be brought into this discussion. None of the parties involved exhibited anything close to walking the path.

It is the main guy doubling down on those kids to either....
    1) get some air time
    2)cover his butt.

Both are wrong and complete knee jerk reactions. We expect more from religious leaders.

Problem is the MSM put religion into play and it muddies up the water.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is the main guy doubling down on those kids to either....
    1) get some air time
    2)cover his butt.

Both are wrong and complete knee jerk reactions. We expect more from religious leaders.

Problem is the MSM put religion into play and it muddies up the water.

Yeah, I agree, he was looking for something to "get into," and while I think the kids could have done better, I keep asking myself where the chaperones were? A bunch of kids from Kentucky in DC, mixing it up with loons and separatists? Not the smartest route in terms of safety. If my kids were in that situation, you'd better believe they wouldn't be going on any more field trips with the school, and there would be hell to pay.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I agree, he was looking for something to "get into," and while I think the kids could have done better, I keep asking myself where the chaperones were? A bunch of kids from Kentucky in DC, mixing it up with loons and separatists? Not the smartest route in terms of safety. If my kids were in that situation, you'd better believe they wouldn't be going on any more field trips with the school, and there would be hell to pay.

I see the point you were making.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm sorry, you're right. Replace normal with better raised.

So when confronted by the goofs they were confronted with, sure they could have walked away....but they were supposed to stay there, and they didn't do, essentially anything but stay there.

You sure have high standards for teeagers. Well, these teenagers at least.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    So, what is the moral to the story? "Normal" people don't belong in Washington D.C.?

Apparently restricting intimidators, racists, homophobes, victim-power exploiters and fake news reporting is not on the table as long as they are liberal. So, basically yes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I personally expect a normal teen, to have more sense, and thus restraint, than racists and burnouts. That is how I referred to the "adults," didn't I?

It appeared to me that the kids handled themselves just fine, and in fact, much better than the racists and the burnouts. The only bad behavior from the kids was the straw man concocted by the media.

As far as how the Kentucky Bishop reacted, he certainly owed an apology and it was given. To the extent that he's perceived as being sincere, I don't have a problem extending forgiveness per se. However, it'd be easier to give representatives of the Catholic Church benefits of such doubt in this matter if they'd admit to wrongdoing regarding their child****ing, and stop doing it. Kinda hard to look past that and extend forgiveness for unrelated behavior when that's hanging out there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It appeared to me that the kids handled themselves just fine, and in fact, much better than the racists and the burnouts. The only bad behavior from the kids was the straw man concocted by the media.

As far as how the Kentucky Bishop reacted, he certainly owed an apology and it was given. To the extent that he's perceived as being sincere, I don't have a problem extending forgiveness per se. However, it'd be easier to give representatives of the Catholic Church benefits of such doubt in this matter if they'd admit to wrongdoing regarding their child****ing, and stop doing it. Kinda hard to look past that and extend forgiveness for unrelated behavior when that's hanging out there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Being a racist and/or a burnout is no excuse for the behavior exhibited by those people.

How were the teenagers abnormal?
    They were supporting trump. That is all it takes for kut to put them in the “bad” group. Damn the facts and screw reality that girl shouldn’t have worn that skirt if she didn’t want raped.

Top Bottom