• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Kentucky Catholic diocese apologizes for condemning students in viral video with Native American elder

...A Catholic diocese in Kentucky said Friday it was "bullied and pressured" into a making a premature statement about a viral video showing a confrontation between a Native American elder and a Catholic school student, according to a letter the diocese's bishop wrote to parents.

The Rev. Roger J. Foys said in the letter that the leadership of the Diocese of Covington was "being pressured from all sides to make a statement" about the video clip...

How about looking at who is putting on the pressure and what their motives might be and not jumping to conclusions there Rev...

Is "Catholic guilt" a thing like "white guilt"? I think it might be.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kentucky Catholic diocese apologizes for condemning students in viral video with Native American elder

...A Catholic diocese in Kentucky said Friday it was "bullied and pressured" into a making a premature statement about a viral video showing a confrontation between a Native American elder and a Catholic school student, according to a letter the diocese's bishop wrote to parents.

The Rev. Roger J. Foys said in the letter that the leadership of the Diocese of Covington was "being pressured from all sides to make a statement" about the video clip...

I'll be interested to see if this fiasco hinders this kids college choices. Right or wrong, this situation isn't going to help.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Particularly in light of recent failures to act, I think some bishops want to be perceived as responsive to negative news stories. This one will be an object lesson in why bishops tend to NOT be responsive to public outcry.

The appropriate balance is probably somewhere in the middle.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll be interested to see if this fiasco hinders this kids college choices. Right or wrong, this situation isn't going to help.

As one of my college-age children commented, the kid's going to have an epic common app essay.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    How about looking at who is putting on the pressure and what their motives might be and not jumping to conclusions there Rev...

We know that’s never going to happen. As for the Catholics, well they haven’t exactly had a stellar reputation. Not saying that anyone associated is guilty but their history as a group isn’t exactly peaceful and fun loving.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you're assuming he wants to go to an all-protest-all-the-time college?

My comment was kinda on the lines of rehabilitating his image, because despite the ultimate truth of the story he was involved, I image there would be plenty of institution that would pause at the thought of being associated with him. Do you think I'm wrong in thinking that?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My comment was kinda on the lines of rehabilitating his image, because despite the ultimate truth of the story he was involved, I image there would be plenty of institution that would pause at the thought of being associated with him. Do you think I'm wrong in thinking that?

I kinda do. At this point, a Google search for his name will not be uniformly condemning, to say the least. Colleges are still in the business of admitting people with more conservative views (someone is inviting Ben Shapiro to speak). This may actually help his chances for the simple fact that he''s not anonymous.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I don't think his image needs rehabilitating. Especially in Kentucky.

Now, having said that, Notre Dame may not be interested (but unless he's a legacy, good luck with that these days). There are other Catholic colleges/universities in the midwest that, if that's what he's after, won't care about this at all.

If he's looking at UK or Louisville, they REALLY won't care.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Yeah, I don't think his image needs rehabilitating. Especially in Kentucky.

Now, having said that, Notre Dame may not be interested (but unless he's a legacy, good luck with that these days). There are other Catholic colleges/universities in the midwest that, if that's what he's after, won't care about this at all.

If he's looking at UK or Louisville, they REALLY won't care.
    The Jesuit schools like Xavier and Loyola-Chicago might be an option, but given the Pope’s SJW leanings they might not prove to be a good option.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sandmann will need a new hat for his college aspirations...

KAG_Hat_Front_8b357c5b-26af-4335-bfbd-29a30adbbb29_110x110@2x.png

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sandmann will need a new hat for his college aspirations...

KAG_Hat_Front_8b357c5b-26af-4335-bfbd-29a30adbbb29_110x110@2x.png

I find this interesting, because it almost defaults to the idea that simply the election of Trump, made America great. And now that he is elected, he should be elected again to "Keep America Great." I think this new version of the hat is a bit premature.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I find this interesting, because it almost defaults to the idea that simply the election of Trump, made America great. And now that he is elected, he should be elected again to "Keep America Great." I think this new version of the hat is a bit premature.
    How about:

Help Make
    America Greater
    Every Day

A little lengthy, perhaps—but maybe a slogan that more of us can support?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Listening to a left wing (progressive) talk show host yesterday rail about the outrageous behavior of the Catholic Hugh school boys. The host asserted that by wearing a MAGA hat it was akin to waving a Nazi swastika and, therefore, justifiable that folks with counter views were taking forceful action to intimidate the young men. The host then quickly devolved into calling Trump every adjective he could think of and also referred to Trump as a rascist who ripped children away from their mothers and put them in cages. The first caller to refute the hosts claims was also quickly dismissed as a rascist, homophobe, misogynist, bigot and shut the call down before the caller could respond. To take it one step further, the host also managed to work in several epithets against Reagan as the cause of every South American country’s economic, socionomic, and environmental woes.

There was no mention of First amendment rights of any and everyone. To a liberal, their side is the only “correct” side and there is no room for discussion. Those of us who might be hopeful there is room for dialogue are, quite frankly, woefully ignorant of the futility involved in trying have a reasonable dialogue.

Bob Dylan’s song title should now be changed to “The times HAVE changed.”

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom