• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Mmmmm unpossible. They don’t pay attorneys to be succinct.
    You can’t think of ways to expand upon those three words?

Here’s your assignment. In >10000 words, what does “make America greater” really mean to you legally? Use lots of expensive words.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Mmmmm unpossible. They don’t pay attorneys to be succinct.

Have you ever had 4,200 words for a Petition for Transfer and your first draft was 8,000 words? I beg to differ, sir.

I bill for every 6 minutes I spend cutting out the extra words.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Wow! Just wow.

I've seen lots of posts on facebook taking the Kentucky Bishop to task for his hasty condemnation of the Covington High students who were, after all, only in Washington DC to participate in the March For Life. Not only is he getting slammed for his hasty condemnation, but people aren't accepting his apology. Now I can understand non-Christians being hateful, but as Christians we're expected to forgive those who trespass against us, and especially as Roman Catholics, we're supposed to understand and acknowledge that all "trespass" at some point, but the admonition and prayer is "forgive us our trespasses AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US. For non-Christians, perhaps I should explain that failing to be willing to forgive others' sins against us leaves us in the position of making it difficult for OUR sins to be forgiven - either by us or by God.

The other thing I think is interesting is that a couple students - Nick Sandmann among them - have retained the services of a lawyer to sue those who libeled and slandered them. They gave their detractors 48 hours to retract their posts or comments - and most did, but a few didn't and the lawyer named names who would be sued. Some of these kids may be able to afford to go to any college in the country when the dust settles.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wow! Just wow.

I've seen lots of posts on facebook taking the Kentucky Bishop to task for his hasty condemnation of the Covington High students who were, after all, only in Washington DC to participate in the March For Life. Not only is he getting slammed for his hasty condemnation, but people aren't accepting his apology. Now I can understand non-Christians being hateful, but as Christians we're expected to forgive those who trespass against us, and especially as Roman Catholics, we're supposed to understand and acknowledge that all "trespass" at some point, but the admonition and prayer is "forgive us our trespasses AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US. For non-Christians, perhaps I should explain that failing to be willing to forgive others' sins against us leaves us in the position of making it difficult for OUR sins to be forgiven - either by us or by God.

The other thing I think is interesting is that a couple students - Nick Sandmann among them - have retained the services of a lawyer to sue those who libeled and slandered them. They gave their detractors 48 hours to retract their posts or comments - and most did, but a few didn't and the lawyer named names who would be sued. Some of these kids may be able to afford to go to any college in the country when the dust settles.

Sure they went to a Catholic school, I'm honestly not sure religion should even be brought into this discussion. None of the parties involved exhibited anything close to walking the path.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Have you watched the full video, Kut?

Yes, I have. You have the black racists shouting at the boys, the boys willing to engage, and a burnout looking Native American guy beating a drum. I personally think those kids, probably were the most able to avoid the confrontation, or more specifically their chaperones should have steered those kids away from loons.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Yes, I have. You have the black racists shouting at the boys, the boys willing to engage, and a burnout looking Native American guy beating a drum. I personally think those kids, probably were the most able to avoid the confrontation, or more specifically their chaperones should have steered those kids away from loons.

From what I understand, the boys were waiting for a bus, and had been for about an hour. I didn't see any particular behavior I found offensive on their parts. Yes, one of the boys was willing to argue with the guy who was telling him "all whites need to go back to Europe," and other such things, but I have no reason to think that had the boys continued to part ranks to allow him and his group to do whatever they wished, that Phillips would have not done what he has done in the past and continued to provoke a response from them. Sandmann stood his ground with the drum being beaten inches from his face but made no threatening gestures or moves toward Phillips, nor did anyone else that I saw. From my point of view, those kids didn't need to do anything else.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It seems odd to me that some expect more restraint and more mature behavior from the teenagers than they expect from the "adults."

Is that because they are held to a higher standard than people in "special" groups?

Are they held to a higher standard because they were wearing MAGA hats? Because they went to a Christian high school?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It seems odd to me that some expect more restraint and more mature behavior from the teenagers than they expect from the "adults."

Is that because they are held to a higher standard than people in "special" groups?

Are they held to a higher standard because they were wearing MAGA hats? Because they went to a Christian high school?

I personally expect a normal teen, to have more sense, and thus restraint, than racists and burnouts. That is how I referred to the "adults," didn't I?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The kids were there to support right to life. They were where they were supposed to be all along, including waiting on their bus.

The kids should be commended for not pounding the troublemakers into the concrete. Somebody should.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So the kid did nothing wrong but he STILL needs to rehabilitate HIS image!?..

Are we sure this isn’t the insane social justice thread?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom