• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Are we resigned to the idea that conservative ideas cannot be advanced unless one acts like an @ss? I hope not. Having a forceful argument about the issues is fine. That can actually be done without being an @ss.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Are we resigned to the idea that conservative ideas cannot be advanced unless one acts like an @ss? I hope not. Having a forceful argument about the issues is fine. That can actually be done without being an @ss.

No we are resigned to the fact that you can’t have a conservative idea in public without being a white racist bigot. Or so we are told. Over and over and over and over and over and over ........and over and over and over and over.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No we are resigned to the fact that you can’t have a conservative idea in public without being a white racist bigot. Or so we are told. Over and over and over and over and over and over ........and over and over and over and over.

Demonstrate the truth without wallowing in the gutter.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

Enuf of yur crazy talk.

I have largely given up on any sort of socio-political discourse not devolving, regardless of the political slant of folks. There is just too much bitterness leading to an obscuring/abandonment of principle. I just try to be a good example in how I act.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Enuf of yur crazy talk.

I have largely given up on any sort of socio-political discourse not devolving, regardless of the political slant of folks. There is just too much bitterness leading to an obscuring/abandonment of principle. I just try to be a good example in how I act.

:yesway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Someone should make a red hat that says, "Making Tolerance Great Again."

Co-opt the message.

It would be the same group that's wearing the MAGA hats for the most part. It sure as hell wouldn't be the liberals. Most hateful, spiteful, ignorant, INTOLERANT bunch of people that I've ever seen.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I mean, they're not losing that battle.

Just like any SJW shame campaign, the MAGA hat has been turned into an icon with strongly negative stigma behind it. They're great at doing things like this. Counter-culture can only combat it so far... the hat gives you the impression that the person wearing it is looking for confrontation, doing it to provoke because of how its viewed.

Similar to the stigma some people see with open carry, or saying certain words. There's nothing wrong with it... but you feel awkward doing/saying them because of the meaning they've injected into it.

Probably the same feeling some smokers have. Or people that used to let their kids walk around stores while they got groceries. Or play in the neighborhood without being supervised. Yeah, you can do it... but they want it to feel "socially unacceptable"

So what does this look say? What are they going for? Acceptance, or **** YOU?

Dublin-pride-500x339.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One thing that makes America great is the freedom to idolize whatever qualities we want.

Trump's failings were detailed at great length during the campaign, yet he won.

So, I will readily concede that more Americans, and a high percentage of INGOers, idolize him and his qualities. Which they have every right to do.
    No. We don't idolize the man or his qualities. We are sick to death of being called racists and misogynists and any number of vile things while the left promotes immorality, "free stuff" and all kinds of untenable CRAP. Get it?? It's not the man. If you enjoy being hated for the crime of being a man of faith and white, then go for it. Some (most) of us have had it up to HERE. Go self-flagellate yourself if it makes you feel better.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

George W. Bush was very polite to the left and took everything they dished out without hitting back. He advanced conservative ideas. How?

That is what the left wants. That is what we have always given them. It has never worked.

You and the rest are just like all of the centrist Democrats and media that always pointed out all of Obama's bad points.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    IMO, "But they..." is where principle goes to die, particularly for conservatives. I am floored at some of the stuff I see conservatives suggest/support based on "But they...".

I suppose it is just religious sentimentality on my part, but I find the whole thing to be completely antithetical to the Christian ethos. Our struggle is not of this world, nor should our victory be. What does it profit us to gain the upper hand in political power, but lose our principles of right and wrong that brought us to the fight to begin with?

Sure, we have made gains consequentially but at what cost and on the road to where? If this bitterness is "winning", color me tired...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I didn’t say that. I said, we’ve made the point. The original take was false. Everything from that point forward is just repetition with increasingly escalated language and ridicule.

But the escalated language and ridicule is coming from one side. If those are the "rules" they want to play by, then we need to engage. Being "nice" isn't working. Liberalism:

rxti8saaqzny.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Mostly "**** you". I've never understood the desire to be "flamboyant". It's only purpose is to seek attention, and scream at everyone around you that "I'm gay and I'm shoving it in your face."

The act of wearing a shirt, trousers and shoes is a flagrant display of heterosexuality and should not be allowed!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It would be the same group that's wearing the MAGA hats for the most part. It sure as hell wouldn't be the liberals. Most hateful, spiteful, ignorant, INTOLERANT bunch of people that I've ever seen.

False, in so far that it can't be proven. That's your tribalism talking.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    IMO, "But they..." is where principle goes to die, particularly for conservatives. I am floored at some of the stuff I see conservatives suggest/support based on "But they...".

I suppose it is just religious sentimentality on my part, but I find the whole thing to be completely antithetical to the Christian ethos. Our struggle is not of this world, nor should our victory be. What does it profit us to gain the upper hand in political power, but lose our principles of right and wrong that brought us to the fight to begin with?

Sure, we have made gains consequentially but at what cost and on the road to where? If this bitterness is "winning", color me tired...
    But we are doomed to live in this world until the next. Why not try to make it better instead of increasing the suffering (which is exactly what the left wants to do to remain in power)? And I don't know what gains you think we've made. Seems to me that we've only suffered losses in recent history (starting with FDR).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    False, in so far that it can't be proven. That's your tribalism talking.
    No it's not my tribalism talking. It's my observance of everything that has been going on. Show me pictures of conservatives holding up a liberal president's bloodied head. Show me conservatives calling for the shooting up of schools based on LIES spread by the CONSERVATIVE media Kut. Go on... I'll wait.

Top Bottom