n7e8y7bzv9c21.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    C.J. Pearson, activist on behalf of Covington kids, says that those who defamed or libeled the kids have been given 48 hours to apologize or face legal action

C J Pearson said:
    Barnes_Law has given 48 hours to all of those who slandered and defamed the #CovingtonBoys to issue retractions and apologize or face legal action. Ali and I have more than 9,000 tweets in the #VerifiedBullies at the ready to aid his litigation efforts. #StandWithCovington

A law firm had offered its services to the students pro bono. Reportedly, a generous donor has covered all the expenses (which is why they are now donating all the money raised through Gofundme to a charity). So far, the Twitter account of a partner at the law firm is also sending out tweets to a very small number of people who have libeled these kids. I assume that this is just for show, because such demands will not be sent through Twitter. (NOTE: Pearson is not the lawyer in question, he just has been in contact with important figures.)

Based on previous comments, this will likely target (1) members of the media and (2) verified Twitter-users.

It still remains to be seen if they will follow through, or whether it's just a way to scare the Bejesus out of these people who don't know the meaning of 'accountability', but it seems that this is at least a good positive step.

"A courtroom is a lonely place to lie."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, You defend "people that are accused of a crime."

Is it not a principle of justice that even a guilty person is entitled to a vigorous defense?

Therefore, is it possible that you may have defended someone that was, unbeknownst to you, guilty and gotten them acquitted? In doing so you did what was required to protect your client, but in effect you may have done a greater wrong.

First, irony that I can't really elaborate on.

Second, oh how far we've come since "better 10 guilty men go free, than...." Now, requiring the state to prove the elements of an offense to a jury of peers is "a greater wrong."

Got it.

Since you recall them please enumerate, I seem to have missed them.

No you didn't. ;) You were there when they were enumerated during the campaign. You either ignore them or don't think they are dickish.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "If she didn't want to get raped, she shouldn't have been wearing that dress."

Yeah, I tried that argument with a friend that said they were "asking for it" (in so many words) for wearing those hats. But this person is not very familiar with logic so it was fell on deaf ears.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I tried that argument with a friend that said they were "asking for it" (in so many words) for wearing those hats. But this person is not very familiar with logic so it was fell on deaf ears.

Yeah, "asking for it" is a stretch... but inviting criticism (or conversation), sometimes by uncouth people, isn't far off.

Most people when presented by seeing someone make a "statement" with attire/stickers/etc just ignore it and keep to themselves. Roll your eyes, call them an ******* under your breath and continue on your way... Some feel the need to get loud, though. Especially people in large groups that feel more anonymous.

I've been OC'ing for over a decade. I can count on one hand how many anti-gun people worked up the nerve to confront me about it.

It's just one possible result of advertising your beliefs.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, "asking for it" is a stretch... but inviting criticism (or conversation), sometimes by uncouth people, isn't far off.

Most people when presented by seeing someone make a "statement" with attire/stickers/etc just ignore it and keep to themselves. Roll your eyes, call them an ******* under your breath and continue on your way... Some feel the need to get loud, though. Especially people in large groups that feel more anonymous.

I've been OC'ing for over a decade. I can count on one hand how many anti-gun people worked up the nerve to confront me about it.

It's just one possible result of advertising your beliefs.

Right. No, the person I was talking to when she said they were asking for it, intimated they caused the whole event because of those hats. You're right, we've all seen someone wearing something dumb (in our opinion) and I don't think I've ever said anything to them about it...maybe to whomever I was with but not the wearer of the item.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Treat yourself to this shot from NYT today, followed by four chasers from SPLC (of all people.)

I'm sure they're great people, let's hear them out.

Dxr1eVxUcAAh8XZ.jpg:small

Dxr2Cn8VsAYxBm-.jpg:small

Dxr2CoEUUAEgL22.jpg:small

Dxr2CpQV4AEkoKr.jpg:small

Dxr2CxIUwAEciTS.jpg:small

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    WTF is a Black Hebrew Israelite, and how are you gonna call yourself a Jew an be anti-Semitic?

I am confused on multiple levels here.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    WTF is a Black Hebrew Israelite, and how are you gonna call yourself a Jew an be anti-Semitic?

Don't try to make sense of it.

Back in the day, it was a professional obligation of mine to spend some time getting to know groups related to that specific one. It doesn't have to make sense for people to believe it.

You basically just have to nod and accept that the people (at least appear to) believe it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Um....if you are a black jew, you are not semitic. If you believe yourself to be the true children of Israel, you hate the "pretenders".

Attacking modern Jewish people as not the "real" children of Israel is not exclusive to this group. It's also a feature of some white supremacist belief. It's a nutty world we live in.

The Serpent Seedline: Edomite Jews and Sons of Cain

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No you didn't. ;) You were there when they were enumerated during the campaign. You either ignore them or don't think they are dickish.

I am not reporting that you called me a liar, I should. VDPU Blue's first rule "Don't be a dick!"

You broke his rule.

Top Bottom