• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    If you think it is acceptable to throw a loaded gun down a flight of stairs you are irresponsible.
    How could you possibly know where the muzzle is pointing as it bounces around?

You don't..

You are missing the points many are making, valid one's.

The point is that it doesn't matter where the muzzle is pointed if it doesn't fire. Even seen a shoulder holster? Is that irresponsible?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    552.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I would be willing to do this if it proves anything.

Just like a tightrope. It's the same trick 6 inches off the ground, or 100 feet off the ground. There is just a perceived element of danger.

So, yes. I have complete confidence in the mechanics of Glock handguns. I know it won't fire, and putting my face in front of the barrel will not make it do so.

Well then .. wow, just wow. :n00b:

A Glock is nothing magical, it can fail like any other piece of mechanical human-made machine.
    Im pretty sure the drop safety will work 99% of the time, not there is no way to know that it will work 100% of the time.
    I have seen Glocks fail, they do like any other gun.
    I would never trust a mechanical safety, not on your Glock, not on mine, not on any Glock or not in any gun for that matter.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Don't worry guys, if I'm remembering correctly, he's the same guy that says he hasn't taken any training and that he doesn't need it. If he wants to blow his brains out, let him. Then the media can come here and show where all the RESPONSIBLE gun owners tried to warn him.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Don't worry guys, if I'm remembering correctly, he's the same guy that says he hasn't taken any training and that he doesn't need it. If he wants to blow his brains out, let him. Then the media can come here and show where all the RESPONSIBLE gun owners tried to warn him.

I could see how he hasn't taken any training.He ever never heard of the 4 basic gun safety rules or just decides not to follow them for some reasons that killed many gun owners in the past. :n00b:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Cpt. nervous; if you would really consider holding a Glock to your face while hitting it with a hammer please post the phone# of your mom so I can tell her.

Seriously!

:+1:

He sounds just like the guys who say "Dont worry it's not loaded" before they blow their head off with their loaded (oops!) gun.

:ugh:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I dropped my G22 last week. Like someone else said, it fell in slow motion. I didn't try to catch it, but I did try to constantly move clear of the muzzle. I bet it looked funny. Also pretty sure my heart didn't beat for a full 3 seconds after it happened. I just stared at it and then picked it up, cleared it, function checked it, loaded it back up, and put it in my holster.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Let's say that should a news story ever break about anyone purposefully throwing a loaded firearm to the ground (to prove it wouldn't AD) and it does AD and wounds or kills that individual... I believe the 1st few posts here on INGO would be something along the lines of "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" and "Darwin Award Recipient!".
    And I wouldn't argue with any of them...

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

You are not remembering correctly. I have training. Does U.S. Army combat training count? I hear that's the best. Probably shouldn't say that Soldiers don't have or think they need training.

I don't appreciate your assumptions about me. You don't know me at all. Anyone thinking that training is unnecessary is ignorant. You can never have too much, unless it's bad training, like teaching people that Glocks can fire if dropped. Then, they start regurgitating that as if it's factual, when in reality, it is not.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You are not remembering correctly. I have training. Does U.S. Army combat training count? I hear that's the best. Probably shouldn't say that Soldiers don't have or think they need training.

I don't appreciate your assumptions about me. You don't know me at all. Anyone thinking that training is unnecessary is ignorant. You can never have too much, unless it's bad training, like teaching people that Glocks can fire if dropped. Then, they start regurgitating that as if it's factual, when in reality, it is not.

If they train you to point a loaded firearm to your head and trust the safety then the training really sucks in the US Army. :n00b:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    If they train you to point a loaded firearm to your head and trust the safety then the training really sucks in the US Army. :n00b:

I understand the mechanics behind it. I am an armorer.

It isn't an animal. I'm not sticking my head in an alligator's mouth. It cannot suddenly decide that it wants to bite me. It will function the same way every time.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I understand the mechanics behind it. I am an armorer.

It isn't an animal. I'm not sticking my head in an alligator's mouth. It cannot suddenly decide that it wants to bite me. It will function the same way every time.

Until it fails.If you are really an armorer you should understand that mechanical devices can and will failt, it's just a question of time.
    If they didn't fail we wouldn't actually need armorers to fix them. :dunno:

Glocks are not made of magical materiels, I have seen the slide of some Glocks break, springs and other parts break.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I specifically said, "If I remember correctly." Clearly I didn't.

Also, if a Glock is so fail safe and it's impossible to fire, how do you explain a round firing when the slide is racked? Don't say it doesn't happen. I have seen it with my own eyes, and no there was not a finger on the trigger.

Furthermore, I don't appreciate you calling yourself a grammar nazi. It's insulting to those of us that really are grammar nazis when someone claims to be one of us and then uses fragments and other things I have seen in your posts.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Until it fails.If you are really an armorer you should understand that mechanical devices can and will failt, it's just a question of time.
    If they didn't fail we wouldn't actually need armorers to fix them. :dunno:

Glocks are not made of magical materiels, I have seen the slide of some Glocks break, springs and other parts break.

If I really am an armorer, I inspect my firearms and replace worn parts.

If a Glock can survive a year buried in the dirt, then 500 rounds with no cleaning or lube, then a 500 foot drop without discharging, that's good enough for me.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. I specifically said, "If I remember correctly." Clearly I didn't.

Also, if a Glock is so fail safe and it's impossible to fire, how do you explain a round firing when the slide is racked? Don't say it doesn't happen. I have seen it with my own eyes, and no there was not a finger on the trigger.

Furthermore, I don't appreciate you calling yourself a grammar nazi. It's insulting to those of us that really are grammar nazis when someone claims to be one of us and then uses fragments and other things I have seen in your posts.

If I have used fragments or other things you have seen in my in my posts, please bring it to my attention. Unlike a Glock, I am fallible. :D

Surely, I do not mean to make these errors. I am sometimes up until the wee hours of the morning, and my screen gets jumbled and blurry, and therefor, I make mistakes. I try to catch and fix them, however. If there is an example, please show me.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If I really am an armorer, I inspect my firearms and replace worn parts.

If a Glock can survive a year buried in the dirt, then 500 rounds with no cleaning or lube, then a 500 foot drop without discharging, that's good enough for me.

Because one particular gun didn't go off when dropped from a plane doesn't mean that ALL Glocks will work the same.
    If we actually had a way to know when the gun will fail we wouldn't have that many ADs with guns.

I wouldn still no point a firearm, loaded or not, at my face, no matter how safe the gun is.
    It's just something you dont do, when you start trusting safeties accidents happen.

Top Bottom