• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Because one particular gun didn't go off when dropped from a plane doesn't mean that ALL Glocks will work the same.
    If we actually had a way to know when the gun will fail we wouldn't have that many ADs with guns.

I wouldn still no point a firearm, loaded or not, at my face, no matter how safe the gun is.
    It's just something you dont do, when you start trusting safeties accidents happen.

True. However, with proper maintenance and inspections, you should be able to catch problems before they become serious.

I am not trying to get everyone to throw their guns off their roofs. I am just pointing out that it wouldn't be unsafe to do it.

Let's say a drop safety is 99.9% effective. It is designed to keep a gun from firing if dropped.

Condoms are 99.9% effective. They are designed to, well, you know. Should people not use them for their intended purpose because there is a chance for failure?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Let's say a drop safety is 99.9% effective. It is designed to keep a gun from firing if dropped.

Condoms are 99.9% effective. They are designed to, well, you know. Should people not use them for their intended purpose because there is a chance for failure?
    I think the point is that you shouldn't test fate.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    It is literally insane to think that the gun will go off if dropped. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. If he drops it a thousand times, it will fall safely a thousand times.

If I have used fragments or other things you have seen in my in my posts, please bring it to my attention. Unlike a Glock, I am fallible. :D

Surely, I do not mean to make these errors. I am sometimes up until the wee hours of the morning, and my screen gets jumbled and blurry, and therefor, I make mistakes. I try to catch and fix them, however. If there is an example, please show me.
    There's a fragment in the first quote. :D

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Ja nur einige Tage ich kann. :):

My German isn't so good. I know it well, it's putting it in sentences in a manner that make sense that gets me.

That's the hardest part, sentence structure and grammar. It takes a while, I've been speaking German for about 10 years, and I still make mistakes.

It's good that you have a good vocabulary though.

Top Bottom