• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I have dropped my G19 a couple times....never an issue. I have a fobus paddle holster and it works great with my g19 but I can say I have seen guns that just do fit well in a focus even when "made" for them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ..........I am not trying to get everyone to throw their guns off their roofs. I am just pointing out that it wouldn't be unsafe to do it..............

freakout.gif

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ... Do you also think it is unsafe to leave your vehicle running while in park? It could change gears and drive away! Hell, it can turn itself on, shift into drive, and drive away. It's mechanical, and mechanical things break, so it's possible, right?

Yes I will admit that it is possible.

It's a machine, it's not made up of unicorn farts and fairy dust like a certain brand of firearm apparently is.

You're close minded.

:laugh:

No, I just not so "open minded" that I let my brains run out all over my shoes.

If I ran a range and you or ND Marc pulled that :poop: as "instruction" I'd bounce you out so fast your head would spin.

1forguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    dropped my tricked out 10/22 worth about $900 due to a craptastic failure of my gun sling, luckily my refrigerator took the brunt of the impact as the gun barrel placed a nice dent in the side as it fell to the floor......slow motion verbage entered here...

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I understand the mechanics behind it. I am an armorer.

It isn't an animal. I'm not sticking my head in an alligator's mouth. It cannot suddenly decide that it wants to bite me. It will function the same way every time.

If firearms functioned exactly the same way every time, forever, we wouldn't need armorers.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    :laugh:

When I hear the words, "I am an armorer", that's when I reach for my revolver.

Why? Do you get an urge to throw it on the ground in order to show what a responsible gun owner you are by following all of the rules, as well as having such splendid common sense?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I might be off base, but I think he meant that revolver guts are way more complicated and timing issues are more difficult to fix than many semi-auto problems...
    As in, "If you're really an "armorer"...let's see you tackle a revolver."

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I might be off base, but I think he meant that revolver guts are way more complicated and timing issues are more difficult to fix than many semi-auto problems...
    As in, "If you're really an "armorer"...let's see you tackle a revolver."
    I took it as, "I'd rather use my revolver that more than likely won't need an armorer than give an armorer my semi-auto."

I could be wrong, it's happened before. I think it was on a Tuesday.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Because one particular gun didn't go off when dropped from a plane doesn't mean that ALL Glocks will work the same.
    If we actually had a way to know when the gun will fail we wouldn't have that many ADs with guns.

I wouldn still no point a firearm, loaded or not, at my face, no matter how safe the gun is.
    It's just something you dont do, when you start trusting safeties accidents happen.

Correct...guess who isn't doing this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owmuYSAcqcE

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    No one is going to change anyone's mind here. Might be best to tell our personal "gun drop" stores as the OP intended, rather than try to convince two individuals here that they are wrong. I think we can make up our own minds about this issue.

Top Bottom