• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I think the direction this thread has moved is almost as bizarre as some of the digressions over in Politics. AD MARC and CPT NERVOUS, do me a BIG favor and get yourself a couple of huge nametags for your front and back so when I see them, I can immediately go somewhere else. Thank you for your cooperation.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Throwing loaded guns on the floor to prove anything is just stupid....

Call Glock and tell them what you’re doing in your classes. They are going to tell you they don't recommend it. Not because they don’t trust their design but they don’t want to be caught in liability recommending that you teach students that it’s smart gun saftey to throw loaded guns around a room. You should do the same.

If some student goes home and does this with an older non drop safe gun and ends up killing their child and claim you told them it was a perfectly safe activity to engage in, you are going to end up in a law suit. Yes you can say that you told them that only some guns are drop safe and you might not be found guilty of any charge. The result is still one dead child or spouse and the bad press that comes with it that is a direct result of your "professional" teachings which could have been avoided by teaching logical gun saftey.

You say you do this to prove to your students that the gun will not fire. If you don't SHOW them this they will not hold it to be true. Do you also do this with non drop safe guns to SHOW them that it will? By your own logic, you must.

You want to do stupid crap by yourself have at it, please stop doing in a room full of people who don't know any better.

Last edited:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I have a non drop safe gun. I tested that, too, unchambered of course, and I couldn't get that to go off either. It might happen, I just don't see how.

A drop safe gun will not go off if dropped.

A non drop safe gun may go off if dropped.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have a non drop safe gun. I tested that, too, unchambered of course, and I couldn't get that to go off either.

:scratch:

A drop safe gun will not go off if dropped.

A non drop safe gun may go off if dropped.

Wait... What? I thought since it was a modern firearm is was perfectly safe since modern firearms are built with safeties?

You mean there are guns out there that may go off if one of these students tried that throwing the loaded and chambered gun down on concrete???

I wonder where they would get a crazy idea to go and do something like that??

:dunno:

Oh, and \/

About 2 yrs. ago at a gunshow my friend bought one of those small pocket .22's...think it was around 250.00....can't remember the brand, but it was brand new...a few months later he told me he dropped it, it landed on the ground by his feet an went off, he found where the bullet hit about 15 yds away....that was it for that gun, said he wouldn't carry it anymore.

BigMongo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    plainfield IN.
    yes i have dropped my own gun/weapon but it was a 240B in afghanistan and it was bc i was blown up from a damn ied but after i came to i picked it right back up and continued on for the next 6 hrs till finally i found out that i had been hit in the leg with some shrapnel and they made me stop and get checked out even with all that and bc i was never medivaced out my Piece of **** LTC flynn said that i didnt need a purple heart bc i was not injured i was just hurt. i call bull**** bc now i walk with a limp and that was on 9 sept. 2010 in afghanistan

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    I think the direction this thread has moved is almost as bizarre as some of the digressions over in Politics. AD MARC and CPT NERVOUS, do me a BIG favor and get yourself a couple of huge nametags for your front and back so when I see them, I can immediately go somewhere else. Thank you for your cooperation.

Amen!

I would think twice about attending an INGO members shoot with this kind of gun handling mindset.

From the logic of these members it would be acceptable to point a loaded Glock at someone... "chill out dude, my finger isn't on the trigger...sheeeesh"

That must be some stiff kool-aide.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Amen!

I would think twice about attending an INGO members shoot with this kind of gun handling mindset.

From the logic of these members it would be acceptable to point a loaded Glock at someone... "chill out dude, my finger isn't on the trigger...sheeeesh"

That must be some stiff kool-aide.

Then you're clearly missing the same points as everyone else.

No one is in any danger. The muzzle is not pointed at anyone, my finger is off the trigger. How do you get that I think it would be fine to point a firearm at someone? It isn't unsafe, but it's unaccepted. I sure as hell wouldn't point a firearm at someone I didn't know.

I used the body armor example earlier. Many armor manufacturers personally test their products. They literally stand behind them. They understand what it can do, and completely trust it. I have 100% confidence in my Glock, SIG Sauer, and Kel Tec to not fire unless the trigger is pulled.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Then you're clearly missing the same points as everyone else.

No one is in any danger. The muzzle is not pointed at anyone, my finger is off the trigger. How do you get that I think it would be fine to point a firearm at someone? It isn't unsafe, but it's unaccepted. I sure as hell wouldn't point a firearm at someone I didn't know.

I used the body armor example earlier. Many armor manufacturers personally test their products. They literally stand behind them. They understand what it can do, and completely trust it. I have 100% confidence in my Glock, SIG Sauer, and Kel Tec to not fire unless the trigger is pulled.

Would you stand in front of your Glock, a round in the chamber, barrel pointed at your face, and hit it many times with a hammer to see if it goes off? :dunno:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Betting your life that any gun can't have a faulty part out of production is simply stupid. An then theres always the possiablity that a small object...like a unseen stone could in fact depress against the safety an trigger of a Glock when thrown down on the ground.....hmmmmmm.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

So I use this test in my home, AD Marc uses it in his class, and now it's dangerous to be around us? I open carry. If someone says something about how guns can go off accidentally, I don't pull it out and throw it across the parking lot to prove that it wont. I don't do this at firing ranges. Both Marc and I do it in a controlled, safe environment. There is nothing dangerous about dropping a firearm. I used a hammer and still couldn't get any of my guns to fire, including a Raven MP-25. The worst case scenario is that you put a nasty nick in your floor.

Drop safe? Yes. Hammer strike safe? Yes. I cannot get my Glock to discharge unless I pull the trigger. Explain to me how this is even remotely risky.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    No one is in any danger. The muzzle is not pointed at anyone, my finger is off the trigger. How do you get that I think it would be fine to point a firearm at someone? It isn't unsafe

If you think it is acceptable to throw a loaded gun down a flight of stairs you are irresponsible.
    How could you possibly know where the muzzle is pointing as it bounces around?

You don't..

You are missing the points many are making, valid one's.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    facepalm_picard_riker.jpg

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Would you stand in front of your Glock, a round in the chamber, barrel pointed at your face, and hit it many times with a hammer to see if it goes off? :dunno:

I would be willing to do this if it proves anything.

Just like a tightrope. It's the same trick 6 inches off the ground, or 100 feet off the ground. There is just a perceived element of danger.

So, yes. I have complete confidence in the mechanics of Glock handguns. I know it won't fire, and putting my face in front of the barrel will not make it do so.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Betting your life that any gun can't have a faulty part out of production is simply stupid. An then theres always the possiablity that a small object...like a unseen stone could in fact depress against the safety an trigger of a Glock when thrown down on the ground.....hmmmmmm.

You're going to have to do better than that. We don't have stones in our house, and Marc doesn't have them in his class. I do not see how a small stone could get into the trigger guard, and press the trigger safety and the trigger.

Top Bottom