• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nater762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Grant Co.
    I had a 1917 Remington made Eddystone with an amazingly beautiful Bishop stock, medium Douglas barrel...all out beautiful rifle. The smith that milled off the ears and re-barreled it and finished it had his s*** straight...awesome beautiful and accurate rifle. One day taking it out the back door of my folks house, I fumbled and dropped it broadside in the cement. Ugh...I could've just cried....so sick I could've puked. I sanded out the scratches and a single deep gouge and tru-oiled over and cold blued the scuffed meatal...never was the same. Foolishly I sold it later to buy a girlfriend a DVD player lol...kids lol

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Good lord son, it has been explained.

I give up. Go play with your Glock

No, it hasn't.

If it could be explained, it would, but what your argument is lacking is truth.

There is no way a small, static object could enter into the trigger guard, depress the trigger safety, and have enough force to press the trigger.

If any of these arguments were valid, a gun would be just as likely to go off on its own accord just sitting on a night stand as it would if dropped.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    No one is going to change anyone's mind here. Might be best to tell our personal "gun drop" stores as the OP intended, rather than try to convince two individuals here that they are wrong. I think we can make up our own minds about this issue.

It's funny because the two individuals to whom you are referring are in all actuality, correct.

Looks like Marc gave up the fight. I don't blame him, you people are quite thick headed.

Provide for me an explanation of how exactly a gun can fire when dropped. I haven't heard that yet.

I also haven't gotten an answer on my question about shoulder holsters. They hold a firearm in such a manner as to flag everyone behind the wearer. Since all guns are always prone to fire at any minute, no matter the circumstances, I would think that carrying a gun in such a manner would be highly dangerous.

I suppose I should wait 30 minutes after eating to go swimming, too, eh? That makes about as much sense to me as what you're all saying.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    No, it hasn't.

If it could be explained, it would, but what your argument is lacking is truth.

There is no way a small, static object could enter into the trigger guard, depress the trigger safety, and have enough force to press the trigger.

If any of these arguments were valid, a gun would be just as likely to go off on its own accord just sitting on a night stand as it would if dropped.

:n00b:

:ugh:

That's not what we are telling you, we're saying that you should never trust a safety, that's why we fallow the 4 safety rules.
    When you say that you are willing to point a loaded gun at your face because you trust the safety it makes me wonder your so-called knowledge of guns.
    It's been proven many times that guns fail, all the time, sometimes they go off when you rack the slide without the trigger being pulled, it's a fact.

You are living in your own world where Glocks are magical and never fail, the day you will shoot yourself or someone else by accident will be a real wake up call.But it will be too late. :n00b:

NEVER POINT A GUN AT ANYTHING YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

You need to get some serious training before you shoot yourself, or someone else by accident.

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    I was in Gatlinburg Tennesse and I stopped into the Police station to see about getting our marrige licensce and as i got out the car i had my LCR in cheap iwb in the small of my back and came loose and fell out on the asphalt before i could put it under the seat. Now the only thing is I need to find a better holster.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    :n00b:

:ugh:

That's not what we are telling you, we're saying that you should never trust a safety, that's why we fallow the 4 safety rules.
    When you say that you are willing to point a loaded gun at your face because you trust the safety it makes me wonder your so-called knowledge of guns.
    It's been proven many times that guns fail, all the time, sometimes they go off when you rack the slide without the trigger being pulled, it's a fact.

You are living in your own world where Glocks are magical and never fail, the day you will shoot yourself or someone else by accident will be a real wake up call.But it will be too late. :n00b:

NEVER POINT A GUN AT ANYTHING YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

You need to get some serious training before you shoot yourself, or someone else by accident.

I'm not sure what you are getting at here........ perhaps if you typed slower I could understand you.
    I lack a basic understanding of most things.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The simple answer is it is an inertia firing pin. When something could break and cause it to move forward, such as the impact from the ground, it could go off. Is it likely? No. Is it remotely possible? Yes.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    The simple answer is it is an inertia firing pin. When something could break and cause it to move forward, such as the impact from the ground, it could go off. Is it likely? No. Is it remotely possible? Yes.

And what of the firing pin block, good sir? What of this device do you think? Even if the firing pin were to be activated, the block safety would prevent it from striking the primer.

D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I have dropped a firearm before working in the armory when I was in the Marines. Unit rule was that was followed by push ups regarding the caliber (I pity the man who dropped a Rifle)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have dropped a firearm before working in the armory when I was in the Marines. Unit rule was that was followed by push ups regarding the caliber (I pity the man who dropped a Rifle)

Those Marines must be closed minded. Dropping a gun, especially a loaded gun, is completely safe.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    And what of the firing pin block, good sir? What of this device do you think? Even if the firing pin were to be activated, the block safety would prevent it from striking the primer.
    It's my understanding that for a dropped Glock to fire, it would take two parts failing; The tab on the striker and the trigger bar...

If this is incorrect, then please post correct info.

Otherwise, are you saying it is impossible to have a broken tab on the striker and a broken transfer bar at the same time?

*IF* these two parts are the only thing that (upon failing) would allow a dropped Glock to fire, what is the likelihood of the continued occurrence of "tossing them on the ground" possibly aiding in breaking those two pieces in your personal firearm?

If this ^ info regarding the inner-workings of the Glock is not accurate, in your opinion what internal parts would have to (simultaneously?) fail in order for a discharge to occur?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's my understanding that for a dropped Glock to fire, it would take two parts failing; The tab on the striker and the trigger bar...

Otherwise, are you saying it is impossible to have a broken tab on the striker and a broken transfer bar at the same time?

*IF* these two parts are the only thing that (upon failing) would allow a dropped Glock to fire, what is the likelihood of the continued occurrence of "tossing them on the ground" possibly aiding in breaking those two pieces in your personal firearm?

If this ^ info regarding the inner-workings of the Glock is not accurate, in your opinion what internal parts would have to (simultaneously?) fail in order for a discharge to occur?

It are a Glock. Failure is unpossible.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

Add this to the fact that half of the "gun owners" in this world treat their firearms like crap and don't maintain them.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

The firing pin block would need to be disengaged, which happens when the trigger is pulled, therefor the trigger safety would need to be disengaged as well. Even if the tab and the transfer bar broke, the striker would be held in place by the block safety.

So if the tab on the striker or disconnector breaks, the transfer bar breaks, the trigger safety breaks, the trigger falls, thus disengaging the firing pin block, it is possible that it will fire.

All of which is as close to impossible to actually happening as you can get. All of these things failing simultaneously is impossible in my firearm, because I maintain it, and inspect it on a regular basis.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Was out in the woods to change memory cards on my trailcam early this year and carrying a revolver in a cheap Uncle Mikes. It fell out and dropped in the mud. Got it all cleaned up and no issues with it.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    It's funny because the two individuals to whom you are referring are in all actuality, correct.

Looks like Marc gave up the fight. I don't blame him, you people are quite thick headed.

Provide for me an explanation of how exactly a gun can fire when dropped. I haven't heard that yet.

I also haven't gotten an answer on my question about shoulder holsters. They hold a firearm in such a manner as to flag everyone behind the wearer. Since all guns are always prone to fire at any minute, no matter the circumstances, I would think that carrying a gun in such a manner would be highly dangerous.

I suppose I should wait 30 minutes after eating to go swimming, too, eh? That makes about as much sense to me as what you're all saying.

I'm not out to change anyone's mind, and I'm not "thick headed". I still fail to see the value of actually demonstrating to students that a loaded gun can be dropped or thrown around safely (my, doesn't that sound strange?). The point of my post is that no minds will be changed here, and that we should probably get back onto the topic of our own stories about dropping guns.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom