• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I don't think I expressed any opinion on the OC/CC thing. It's just that so many people here seem excited by the lawsuit against Evansville. It makes me think of the Law of Unintended Consequences. Or be careful what you wish for...

Getting lots of media attention and then going to court may not have the result people here seem to think it will.

The legislature could easily ban OC and simply draw the analogy to every other state that allows CC but not OC in arguing that no one's rights are being infringed, only regulated (which would be in line with Heller, right?).

Do you know how many states ban OC that allow CC? Four at my last count. I don't think the people of Indiana are going to put up with any more of their rights being taken away and if they do its their fault or its what they want. The legislature doesn't get to make up whatever they want on the fly they have a long process to go through and we get to voice our opinions in the process. I hope I didn't have to tell you that.

Furthermore if you are afraid of what the government can do to us you are doing it wrong. They should be serving US, not us tip toeing around so we don't lose out on what is inalienably ours.

I will finish with: What have YOU done for our rights lately?

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    How do you explain the A infraction for tossing a burning cigarette out of a vehicle then? Some legislator was driving when somebody did this, lit cigarette landed in his car and caused some damage. He got the legislature to write a new law on that basis. True story.

Now contrast a car fire with a civil judgment against a major municipality.

I am betting someone in the legislature is going to be motivated. How far they get, who can say? As the saying goes, 'let sleeping dogs lie.'
    Sleeping dogs lie, huh...

I think you have the analogy backwards. So far the Populace of Indiana has been laying out on the Porch while those that We have duly elected to Serve Our best interests have been putting Our Rights and Desires in trash as soon as the were elected. We The People are beginning to awake, and it is not going to be pretty for the Elected once this Ol' Dog gets up...

I personally say sue the crap out of in Municipality that refuses to Toe the Line with what the State and The People say is right and wrong. Further, I think one should be able to sue or Prosecute the Politicians that think they are above the Law as well...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I fully expect to see negative changes to gun laws introduced in the legislature this upcoming session. I also plan to fight those changes when they are introduced, partly by my own action and partly by mobilizing the members here.

When I start writing letters and making calls, I do so not only to my own reps but also to the members of the committees into which those bills are introduced. The more they hear against a bill, the less likely it will pass.

We have 18,000+ members. If only 1% of us contact a single legislator, that legislator will receive at least 180 comments about a bill. The chance that we will all contact the same one is small, so we need to get more of us making those calls and writing those letters. We also need to be aware that anti-gun forces will also be calling and writing, and we need to outnumber them. They are well-funded, but fewer in number than we are.

Will we have opposition to our lawful exercise of our natural rights? Sure, that's nothing new. Will we defeat that opposition? If I have anything to say about it, you bet your a** we will.

Blessings,
    Bill

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    This site is generally interested in the 2nd amendment.
    Firmly understand that part, I just also think they first 10 are so woven together that one can not focus on just the X Amendment.
    What good is the Second if you fail to safeguard the 4th Amendment?!
    What Good is the Second if you are not keeping an eye on the 3rd Amendment?!
    The first 10 Amendments are equally important. Give an inch on any of them and they directly affect the others...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I fully expect to see negative changes to gun laws introduced in the legislature this upcoming session. I also plan to fight those changes when they are introduced, partly by my own action and partly by mobilizing the members here.

When I start writing letters and making calls, I do so not only to my own reps but also to the members of the committees into which those bills are introduced. The more they hear against a bill, the less likely it will pass.

We have 18,000+ members. If only 1% of us contact a single legislator, that legislator will receive at least 180 comments about a bill. The chance that we will all contact the same one is small, so we need to get more of us making those calls and writing those letters. We also need to be aware that anti-gun forces will also be calling and writing, and we need to outnumber them. They are well-funded, but fewer in number than we are.

Will we have opposition to our lawful exercise of our natural rights? Sure, that's nothing new. Will we defeat that opposition? If I have anything to say about it, you bet your a** we will.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Just keep me advised on the who, what, and whens Bill...
    I have little problem with expressing my opinion to the Pampered Elected...

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh

Blessings,
    Bill

If your postings during these possible times of consternation include the appropriate contact info I would imagine the movement would be embraced. Especially for lazy sods as myself. But I know you would anyway. This post was another attempt to self aggrandize myself.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is actually an enumerated unalienable right.

Among these life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, freedoms of, religion, press, speech, assembly, redress of grievances, keep and bear arms, speedy trial, trial by jury, know the nature of accusation, face accusers, power of subpoena, legal representation, and freedom from, imposed governmental/military use of your property,unreasonable search and seizure, double jeopardy, being forced to witness against yourself, being deprived of life, liberty or property with out due process, Eminent Domain, freedom, from excessive bail or fines and freedom from cruel or unusual punishment, these enumerated unalienable rights are not granted by the Constitution only recognized and shall not be construed to deny or disparage other unalienable rights retained by the people.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

How exactly does the Constitution prohibit the States? The same way it limits itself. When the States ratified the constitution they clamored for a bill of rights. When the States ratified the Bill of Rights 12/15/1791 they accepted it in its entirety. Like it or not.

Sorry about that run on sentence, I've never been great at grammar.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    There are several more that are equally as important as the 2nd... :popcorn:

I'll give you that, but I'm not that worried about people curbing my right to hang out with friends, speak my mind, or having troops billeted in my spare bedroom... ;)

You are right, though, that some of those rights seem to be being chipped at little by little every day -- but this particular one is the one that SECURES the other nine; is it any wonder it's the one certain elements are trying so hard to destroy?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Cobber wants me to prove that OC is protected by the constitution of the US or State of Indiana or both. He wants to know why the legislator can't just take away our rights.

I say I don't have to.

We already HAVE the right to OC. They can only take it from us IF WE LET THEM. I feel this is a very simple point and if there is a flaw in my logic please let me know.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Cobber wants me to prove that OC is protected by the constitution of the US or State of Indiana or both. He wants to know why the legislator can't just take away our rights.

I say I don't have to.

We already HAVE the right to OC. They can only take it from us IF WE LET THEM. I feel this is a very simple point and if there is a flaw in my logic please let me know.

Actually I think the Burden of Proof falls on Cobbler for this one.
    Show us where it is written in Federal Code or Indiana State Code that OC is a not Protected, if you can...

As to the best of my knowledge the Federal Code and the Indiana Code is currently Silent on this subject. And Silence speaks Volumes to me...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    But we also have the right to not OC, and although that right may or may not be a not protected right, I suspect that it is not... right?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    But we also have the right to not OC, and although that right may or may not be a not protected right, I suspect that it is not... right?

:n00b:

Gotta ask that to someone who who thinks that the legislature is going to wake up on the wrong side of the bed one morning, see some poor INGOer exercising their RIGHT to carry and smote them with a new law.

Top Bottom