• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Over 100 transactions? I could be wrong but depending on the timeline, that alone could qualify him as a "dealer" which he's supposed to report on taxes, etc. I wonder if he realized that as well.

He does. There are many many such members here. This is why we no longer give the little darlings any slack. I like the fact the classifieds are full of opportunity but I trully miss when it was a place one could find some good deals and make some friends. It is still in there just not like it once was.

The members that respond with threats such as his (He and his friends....?????) are the ones that do nothing to really contribute. They ride the wave to sell their wares.

But they give us some great stuff for this thread.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Agreed. The classifieds have ceased to be a swap meet among friends and morphed into a miniaturized copy of Gun Broker dominated by people I have never heard of.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Infractions? They give out infractions here? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Early on, I did everything wrong, it seemed.

CM worked with me, and was beyond patient.

I'm embarrassed at how I would do the most stupid things.
    I just wouldn't pay attention to what I was doing and forget to do something.

This site has been the most fun.
    I buy/sell alot, but with my 4500ish posts have proven I'm here for the education and the fellowship.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    How did dodg's post count pass me? I'm an OG damnit! I need to post more smilies I guess.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I don't usually get infractions. I got one on a BBS a long, long time ago. Since then nothing. Then again I ran a BBS for close to 20 years, I respect the admins as I did that job.

I did get banned from a place for a few hours, but that was due to a mod/admin/whatever not having enough coffee and banning the person that reported the issue, instead of the spam account in question. They fixed it pretty quick. I'm still amused by it, and that was years ago.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't usually get infractions. I got one on a BBS a long, long time ago. Since then nothing. Then again I ran a BBS for close to 20 years, I respect the admins as I did that job.

I did get banned from a place for a few hours, but that was due to a mod/admin/whatever not having enough coffee and banning the person that reported the issue, instead of the spam account in question. They fixed it pretty quick. I'm still amused by it, and that was years ago.

Well, I have done this a few times. Infracting the reporting member and not the reported.
    Never banned anyone by mistake. I always meant it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He does. There are many many such members here. This is why we no longer give the little darlings any slack. I like the fact the classifieds are full of opportunity but I trully miss when it was a place one could find some good deals and make some friends. It is still in there just not like it once was.

The members that respond with threats such as his (He and his friends....?????) are the ones that do nothing to really contribute. They ride the wave to sell their wares.

But they give us some great stuff for this thread.

He and his 'friends' set up their yard sale on our front lawn and they have the nerve to get snotty when called to account? Not thinking we'll miss him and his 'friends' very much, they'll just go look for someone elses property they can use

Go tell it to Facebook :lmfao:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Can we just raise the requirement to 1,000 posts before participating in the classifieds? Obviously these people don’t care about supporting or contributing to the site at all.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Can we just raise the requirement to 1,000 posts before participating in the classifieds? Obviously these people don’t care about supporting or contributing to the site at all.

And three tiered site supporter, the usual $20 for expanded sig line etc, $50 buy only classie access and $200 to sell

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have one infraction. Got it on my very first WTS ad in the classifieds. Went back to add some additional details before the 24 hour timeframe and instead of editing the original ad, I added a new post, bumping the thread early. It was November of 2011... 6 months after I joined. :): Spasmo got me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have gotten 2 infractions on my record.
    One was more of a test infraction. I complained once that I had never gotten one, so Rookie gave me one and labeled it Classifed.
    The second one for Inappropriate Content that mystified me.

Of course there was the other thing that we won't go into...

Top Bottom