• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I'm a girl and even I played D&D. Of course, my DM always got mad at me for "playing" and not being serious enough.

So Scutter takes it that serious? I can hear the fights in my head "you killed my elf mage".."well, he only had +4 armor".."fix your own dinner"

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I am very curious why this got locked..https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/local_gun_shops/79937-elmore_s_firearms.html#post900226 This is the kind of thing we NEED to be talking about. Did Ranger handle it perfectly, no, did he break the law,no, could he have been a little less aggressive on his post, yes, but I don't think that is his personality, if it was he would have been a cook, not a ranger. If Elmore's is doing things off the books, we, as law abiding gun owners need to know this. I have never bought a gun there and am not sure I would now. I use two FFL's and I am fairly confident they are doing there job correctly.

If you think a FFL holder is being shady, what steps should be taken? Should we say "go ahead and call it in, I'll feel better" should we not purchase the gun? what if it is a transfer and we have already paid for the gun? Should we contact the ATF? I think these are things we need to know the answers to, they are almost as important as where we can and cannot carry, and there are a lot of threads on that.
    This site is about the second amendment. The first one and the other 25 don't count as much. They still count, just not as much.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As soon as puberty hit, I was done with the whole D+D thing.
    I thought it was pretty imaginative and all, but the whole fantasy world was displaced by reality and responsibilities I guess.

I sill have some shiny dice and other books somewhere. I remember the books being incredibly ornate and detailed. I think I like the art in those books more than trying to play a game that never had any end to it.

That's where I learned what a Succubus was.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    As soon as puberty hit, I was done with the whole D+D thing.
    I thought it was pretty imaginative and all, but the whole fantasy world was displaced by reality and responsibilities I guess.

I sill have some shiny dice and other books somewhere. I remember the books being incredibly ornate and detailed. I think I like the art in those books more than trying to play a game that never had any end to it.

That's where I learned what a Succubus was.

AHH Puberty, I'm glad that's finally over;) I learned what a succubus was after my first marriage

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    WOW all I can say is wow.
    What a crew we have here.

There are some guys that could end up in the pokey over the accusations that have been made here, and you guys are talking about D&D..... amazing.

The mods in my opinion seriously dropped the ball here.

The biggest job the Mods have is to protect the integrity of the site and allowing this kind of BS doesn't speak well. read into that what you will.

This thread should have been killed after page 2 and never brought back. This sight could get wrapped up in a defamation and or libel suite if this is allowed to persist, and the evidence is right here. If the guys at the above mentioned shop have already Lawyer ed up and my guess is they have, then all this is copied and pasted already, is this what you want this sight to be known for. Especially if the accusations turn out to be BS,

A friggen professor of psychiatry could create an entire semesters lesson plan based on this thread. Analyzing all the societal dysfunction and cannibalistic backbiting here could take years. Some one is sure to make a career out of it.

We have made accusations, substantiated only by a handful of people who's character we are not even sure of. Man this is better than the real housewives of any hick town and about as pathetic.

We have jumped right into the Mob mentality and joined the fray to demonize and destroy a shop that many here frequent and enjoy, a place that has items you can only get there locally due to the years they have been in business and the fact they try to carry what the customer wants.

I have personally done business with them over the years and other than the cloud of smoke in there have not had a major issue or seen anything illegal, so I apologize if giving them the benefit of the doubt is not acceptable.

Some people don't like them fine.. don't patronize the place. But if some body makes an accusation against them you all pile on, its ridiculous and shows how sheep like some of you are.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    well stating something that happened first hand is not libelous or against the law.

It sure can be if you cannot prove it, and if they come back at you after that it could end badly due to the fact that you aired it out here and everything you typed is record now.
    Not only should the Mods have stopped it for the possibility of it being flat BS they should have not allowed it to progress once it becomes potential for legal trouble.

Libel is a published or fixed form of defamation of character; a civil wrong that falsely impugns the reputation or character of a person or entity, opening the target up to public scorn or ridicule. Libel might appear in a magazine, book, newspaper, or in a radio or television broadcast. Signs, billboards or posters can also be mediums for libel. Online libel, or cyberlibel takes electronic forms such as email, mailing lists, newsgroups, chat rooms, podcasts, vodcasts and Web pages. A false charge that is uttered but not published is considered slander.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well i will take a lie detector test over it anyday, on top of anything else. i had no reason to lie. sorry but some people might back down for fear of personal persecution, but i dont when im telling the truth. what about my rights?

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    WOW all I can say is wow.
    What a crew we have here.

There are some guys that could end up in the pokey over the accusations that have been made here, and you guys are talking about D&D..... amazing. It's called humor, and we talked about boobies too!

The mods in my opinion seriously dropped the ball here.

The biggest job the Mods have is to protect the integrity of the site and allowing this kind of BS doesn't speak well. read into that what you will.

This thread should have been killed after page 2 and never brought back. This sight could get wrapped up in a defamation and or libel suite if this is allowed to persist, and the evidence is right here. If the guys at the above mentioned shop have already Lawyer ed up and my guess is they have, then all this is copied and pasted already, is this what you want this sight to be known for. Especially if the accusations turn out to be BS,

If they are BS then I am sure someone will pay for it, we do live in a very litigious society.

A friggen professor of psychiatry could create an entire semesters lesson plan based on this thread. Analyzing all the societal dysfunction and cannibalistic backbiting here could take years. Some one is sure to make a career out of it.

We have made accusations, substantiated only by a handful of people who's character we are not even sure of. Man this is better than the real housewives of any hick town and about as pathetic.

We have jumped right into the Mob mentality and joined the fray to demonize and destroy a shop that many here frequent and enjoy, a place that has items you can only get there locally due to the years they have been in business and the fact they try to carry what the customer wants.

I have personally done business with them over the years and other than the cloud of smoke in there have not had a major issue or seen anything illegal, so I apologize if giving them the benefit of the doubt is not acceptable.

Some people don't like them fine.. don't patronize the place. But if some body makes an accusation against them you all pile on, its ridiculous and shows how sheep like some of you are.

It seems to me your quick defense of them is just a ridiculous as those who have "piled on". Neither you nor I have any clue as to what happened that day at the store. You may or may not be defending someone who committed a felony. Only Ranger and the folks at the shop know for sure. I have no axe to grind because I have never been to that shop. If you read my OP, I asked what should we do if this situation happens to us, no more , no less. This is the second time I have read the same post by you and do not understand your anger. If they have done something wrong will you apologize? FYI I'm a sheepdog, not a sheep

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    well i will take a lie detector test over it anyday, on top of anything else. i had no reason to lie.

So says you but who are you?
    I don't know you, why should I get all wrapped up in what you say?

That is pretty nice of you to volunteer to get wired up for our peace of mind on this.

Really will not help me with the why of your attack or the reasons you felt this was the proper place to air it out.

The whether or not it is true at this point isn't as big an issue any longer, its the way you presented it and the way it has been handled by the powers that be here that infuriates me.

How pure are you? have you never stepped out of line, I am not justifying or giving anyone a pass on anything but you posturing around here in self righteous indignation is a bit too much.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    I am not defending them at all.
    If there was a screw up and if some one broke the law then they will pay.
    As for the humor not the time or place. These accusations could break these guys and as I have said cost them dearly if proven or even if not.
    This guys perceptions could be the entire problem, he immediately went high and right with it and never addressed it with them.
    so you tell me, what is the proper way to address this situation cuz in my opinion you guys didn't even come close.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I am not defending thIf there was a screw up and if some one broke the law then they will pay.
    As for the humor not the time or place. These accusations could break these guys and as I have said cost them dearly if proven or even if not.
    This guys perceptions could be the entire problem, he immediately went high and right with it and never addressed it with them.
    so you tell me, what is the proper way to address this situation cuz in my opinion you guys didn't even come close.

That is why I started this thread, so I would know how to handle the situation if it ever happened to me. Again, please read the op. What would you have done?

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Sure kill the thread but I'm not done here.
    I know The owner and his son and feel they have always been fair with me. Did they do what you said.. maybe so but I know them not you so they get the benefit of doubt. Is it even remotely possible that you read the whole thing wrong? From what you stated probably not but giving them a chance to right the wrong or clear the air would have played much better.
    They are actually competitors if you'd like to look at it that way, and if they were out of business then it would benefit me and any other number of stores around the Southeast side but thats not how I view it.

I don't care for cutthroat tactics and trying to undermine the other guy especially if I respect him. Will I get rich with that attitude probably not but hey there should be enough to go around.

Its awful noble of you to want to make sure others are informed but I've read this whole exhausting thread and I'm not buying it.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    That is why I started this thread, so I would know how to handle the situation if it ever happened to me. Again, please read the op. What would you have done?

I would have made my concerns known before I left the shop. If it wasn't until later that it started to dawn on me that there may have been an issue with what had happened then I would have called or returned.
    At the very least I would have given them an opportunity to explain or clarify.
    If they blew me off or laughed me out then I would look at it a bit differently.
    But coming on a public forum and making accusations and giving the other Haters a new cause is not the way it should be done.

My problem is not with you.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    I would have made my concerns known before I left the shop. If it wasn't until later that it started to dawn on me that there may have been an issue with what had happened then I would have called or returned.
    At the very least I would have given them an opportunity to explain or clarify.
    If they blew me off or laughed me out then I would look at it a bit differently.
    But coming on a public forum and making accusations and giving the other Haters a new cause is not the way it should be done.

My problem is not with you.
    +1:yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom