Mooresville
    just-kidding-theres-no-candy-jailbait.jpg

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    But, that's the whole point of the thread really.

If you select a handgun, fill out the paperwork, the retailer comes back and says "you're good to go," and you pay the money, how or why are you obligated to insist that the call be made in front of you? Will you also insist that you be able to listen to the other side of the conversation as well?

If an I fill out paperwork with a dealer, and he tells me I can take it, why should I immediately doubt that he is being truthful with the BATF? There is a presumption of innocence in our legal system, and I like to believe that, until proven otherwise, we can also presume the innocence of other individuals in our day to day dealings with them.

I mean seriously, if you are going to question a dealer's phone call, why would you not ask to see his logbook entry for the handgun you want to buy? He may have made a mistake or falsification on it as well.

I can't speak for everybody, just my own personal experiences, but every time I have ever bought a gun handgun or long gun, and I have bought several as my wife likes to point out, I have always seen the shop call it in.

I can honestly tell you I have never had any doubt I was approved off of my 4473 for every purchase I have made in a shop.

So I have never had to question a dealer about "the" call.
    But if I got busy looking or talking to somebody and wasn't paying attention and he said, "your good to go" I'd walk out the door and never know the difference.

But if that was the case here, we wouldn't be on here pointing fingers and making accusations about a local dealer in the first place, just sayin'.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IATTW...

TrainWreck1.gif

======================================

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I am very curious why this got locked............... This is the kind of thing we NEED to be talking about. ...........................

WOW all I can say is wow.
    What a crew we have here.

There are some guys that could end up in the pokey over the accusations that have been made here, and you guys are talking about D&D..... amazing.

The mods in my opinion seriously dropped the ball here.

The biggest job the Mods have is to protect the integrity of the site and allowing this kind of BS doesn't speak well. read into that what you will.

This thread should have been killed after page 2 and never brought back. ...................... But if some body makes an accusation against them you all pile on, its ridiculous and shows how sheep like some of you are.

:wow:

motivator6dc236838b20df5aeb2f31a81f.jpg

:dunno:

:lol2:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

I stand behind my OP, this is something we need to talk about.

I do have a question for Scutter and shooter, when ranger and mp called you out(ranger maybe,mp for sure) they were both publicly challenged and scolded, when gungho ( a site advertiser) did it, nothing was said. On the surface this seems a bit odd. I am not insinuating anything, just observing.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I stand behind my OP, this is something we need to talk about.

I do have a question for Scutter and shooter, when ranger and mp called you out(ranger maybe,mp for sure) they were both publicly challenged and scolded, when gungho ( a site advertiser) did it, nothing was said. On the surface this seems a bit odd. I am not insinuating anything, just observing.
    Maybe not in this thread, but trust me it is being discussed.

snojet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Carmel
    Will probably regret this but...

For "Gunho_1989 (permalink)/posts - #'s 207, 209, 212, 213, 218, 219 I give you a big :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway: Well put.

For "Mrmonte" (permalink)/posts - # 221 :yesway:

For "Panama" (permalink)/posts - #'s 214, 244 Excellent idea, "come to a painless end". Or rather a painful end... :yesway:

For "Fargo" (permalink)/posts - #228 - Outstanding post!! :yesway:

For "Redneckmedic" (permalink)/posts - #231 - you might have something there. :yesway:

Simply, if you have a problem with a person or business handle it in an appropriate manner. If you have a slight idea that you might mis-handle the problem/confutation. Then get some sound advice.
    As to warning others of possible problems with a person or business. Less is more sometimes. A simple warning/beware about them, inform others to be cautious or something of the sort.

But this Thread is out of hand. IMHO

Ok, now I guess I will see the flames come my way. Oh well.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    ...it just goes on and on my friend...

LambChop.jpg

Awesome, I love Lamb-Chop!!! Anyway, back to the topic. As I see it, it is a simple act of right or wrong. If Elmore's broke the law, then they should be held accountable for their action. Every weekend I see people locked up for doing far less. Why should someone get away with breaking such a serious law? Just my :twocents:

P.S.-I just had to post a comment on this insightful and meaningful topic:D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom