• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    1. A responsible gun owner would question a transaction that seemed "odd" at the time of the transaction. If you feel something is not on the up and up-Dont be the second party involved. Commn sense? not to everyone obviously.

2. A responsible adult does not accuse a gun shop of a crime on a public forum. Some business should remain private. Innocent till proven guilty, ya know? Your not doing anyone a favor by posting trash like this.

:twocents:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    1. A responsible gun owner would question a transaction that seemed "odd" at the time of the transaction. If you feel something is not on the up and up-Dont be the second party involved. Commn sense? not to everyone obviously.

2. A responsible adult does not accuse a gun shop of a crime on a public forum. Some business should remain private. Innocent till proven guilty, ya know? Your not doing anyone a favor by posting trash like this.

:twocents:

amen :+1:

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    This thread is a

train_wreck.jpg

:dunno:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Sure kill the thread but I'm not done here.
    I know The owner and his son and feel they have always been fair with me. Did they do what you said.. maybe so but I know them not you so they get the benefit of doubt. Is it even remotely possible that you read the whole thing wrong? From what you stated probably not but giving them a chance to right the wrong or clear the air would have played much better.
    They are actually competitors if you'd like to look at it that way, and if they were out of business then it would benefit me and any other number of stores around the Southeast side but thats not how I view it.

I don't care for cutthroat tactics and trying to undermine the other guy especially if I respect him. Will I get rich with that attitude probably not but hey there should be enough to go around.

Its awful noble of you to want to make sure others are informed but I've read this whole exhausting thread and I'm not buying it.

I'm not buying it either. The guy who is making all the claims here is normally the "never help law enforcement" guy in all his other threads. Now he suddenly wants to jump into bed with the BATFE over his love for the Brady Bill?

Public posting that damage commercial relations can be actionable, especially when actual damage is clear given that a sizable number of members on this site seem to think that some ANONYMOUS COMPLAINT ON THE INTERNET CARRIES BIBLICAL WEIGHT AND HAVE PUBLICLY STATED THAT BASED SOLEY UPON THAT ANONYMOUS CLAIM THEY WILL NO LONGER DEAL WITH A BUSINESS.

If the only burden of proof you require is that "someone anonymously said it on the internet", it doesn't speak well for your intellectual capabilities.

Joe

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I would have ask them politely to call it in "before" I left with my purchase.
    But that is just me.

But, that's the whole point of the thread really.

If you select a handgun, fill out the paperwork, the retailer comes back and says "you're good to go," and you pay the money, how or why are you obligated to insist that the call be made in front of you? Will you also insist that you be able to listen to the other side of the conversation as well?

If an I fill out paperwork with a dealer, and he tells me I can take it, why should I immediately doubt that he is being truthful with the BATF? There is a presumption of innocence in our legal system, and I like to believe that, until proven otherwise, we can also presume the innocence of other individuals in our day to day dealings with them.

I mean seriously, if you are going to question a dealer's phone call, why would you not ask to see his logbook entry for the handgun you want to buy? He may have made a mistake or falsification on it as well.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Picture2.gif

And to the person that posted they marred your front sight just a tad...your not the only one...both my front and rear sight both marred a little. I'll have nick do my next set.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Hmmm, it always seems like the same ol folks causing problems in these threads.
    (and I don't mean the mods, as they have an obligation to parent the INGO children)

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Hmmm, it always seems like the same ol folks causing problems in these threads.
    (and I don't mean the mods, as they have an obligation to parent the INGO children)

I don't really see anyone causing problems, everyone is just voicing their opinion. Some do believe their opinion is the only one that should be adhered to, but that is pretty common around here.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Well, I'm not going to read 24 pages. I'm just going to give my opinion and let it go. Elmores is a joke. I have graced their door with my shadow on 5 different occasions and 5 times I left in disgust. If it was not from their bad attitudes, it was from their snobbish attitudes, if not for that, it was for their prices or the fact that they "know-it-all" and look down their noses at the customers. I will NEVER recommend them and will always question the judgment of those who purchase from them.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    !!

I'm confused! I just read 24 pages of posts and I still don't know what this thread is about! Originally, it was about a closed thread, then about Elmores (which I don't like, personal opinion):xmad:, the way the mods handle the boards (which I sometimes have personal disagreements with, nothing in public):):, banned members (ARMYMP), open libel suits, ATF complaints, DUNGEONS and DRAGONS (YES, I'M YELLING):n00b:, and the women who worked 21st and Capitol AVE:rockwoot:. What in world is going on here? I think I am just going to forget about this and go to work early in the morning at 26th and Capitol and see if I can score before I get there!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom