• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So what hide your gun. Your permit is for conceiled carry. Don't let some ******* come between you and saving money shopping there. Cover your gun, problem solved.

Wrong and wrong. It is not a permit. It is not specifically for "conceiled" (concealed) carry either.

It is a License to Carry a Handgun. Period. Open or Concealed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Wrong and wrong. It is not a permit. It is not specifically for "conceiled" (concealed) carry either.

It is a License to Carry a Handgun. Period. Open or Concealed.

Exactly... Does this other guy even have one? If he did, he wouldn't have said that.

Its a LTCH, and it does state no provisions on how to carry, just carry... Exactly what Prometheus and Bob said...
    Ha ha...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    I'll post the texts verbatim:

SF 40607 (R2/1-98)

License to Carry a Handgun

The Licensee is hereby licensed by The ISP to carry on their person or in a vehicle, any handgun lawfully possessed by the licensee. You are REQUIRED BY LAW to notify ISP, in writing, withing 60 days of a change of name and/or address.

THIS LICENSE IS SUBJECT TO SUSPENSION AND/OR REVOCATION FOR FELONY ARREST AND/OR IMPROPER OR RECKLESS USE OF A HANDGUN (NOT VALID ON COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT)

Then it gives you all your stats and what not at the bottom.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Wow... I go straight through with no problems. Go right up the big a$$ stairs, listening to the whole store popping guns, and bum around for an hour or so.... NO one ever questions me...

We'd been shopping on the 1st floor for maybe a half hour. We went and picked out a couple of sweatshirts and other clothing, got some fudge, etc. We were in the camping area when the coward AP sent his lackey to do his dirty work.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    We'd been shopping on the 1st floor for maybe a half hour. We went and picked out a couple of sweatshirts and other clothing, got some fudge, etc. We were in the camping area when the coward AP sent his lackey to do his dirty work.

Wow.... Just wow... I was going to get some fudge too... And I wish that guy would've said something to me... You probably would've been there as well... Ha ha ha, tag teamed... I wonder if they'll allow Cabela employees to carry while they are at work? Its damn near the same thing... Now that you mention it, he probably hid in a tent... Ha ha ha... Did they walk you out?

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    That's pretty sad. I like how the ap sent the girl down to ask you to leave instead of doing it his or herself. That's stupid. Since they sell firearms and you had one on you, would that have asked you to leave if you were wearing a cabella's t-shirt? And told you they did not want to look at that even though they sell them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Good point, many gun stores do not want loaded weapons in thier store and post it on the door. In this case, Cabelas should either do the same or not state that it will respect Indiana law.

Case in point is the 500 Guns store on the west side of Indy where the owner was accosted by two perps. I do not believe the perps brought weapons in but the owner dispatched both of them after being accosted, weapon taken, and taken in the back to be killed. The owner carried an H&K P7 which the perp could not figure out how to use. If they brought weapons in, it might have turned out differently.

I do believe that gun shops can be, and are, a target for holdups so I can understand caution.

I think some of you are being too touchy. This is a good post and the points are all valid. I do not OC for previously stated reasons. I CC and many of the places I CC are very sensitive, read that, people that are very anti gun and would sh_t a brick if they knew I has a 45 handy. All I want to do is not become a statistic so I don't care if someone knows I carry or not. By the way, I CC in that Cabelas, every time I go through.

BS, I call the BS flag on this one.... I go to Blythe's, WestForth's, and they ALL, everyone, ALL carry while they are on work, leaving, and smoking outside... They all carry, even the women. And if you are dumb enough to rob a FFL dealers, with loaded weapons/silent alarms/possible cameras/etc, then be my guest...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    You know, at first, I thought...."How can this NOT be about OC? The whole thing would not have even happened if you were CC'ing." Then I read your original post again. It dawned on me what the problem was.

OC'ing an XD? Really? Don't you have any decency, sir? I'd have thrown you off the property as well. NOBODY should have to look at those hideous things in public. Sweet Mother of Pearl, man.....think of the children!

:)

Ha ha, right.... I'll misread your XD hatin'...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom