Not open for further replies.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

Am I anti-gun?snip

Yes, you are. As dishonest, hypocritical and viral an enemy as your fellow gun carriers Nancy Pelosi and Diane Feinstein.

And I almost always CC. I'm just capable of respecting the rights of others, unlike your ilk.

BTW, calling people who choose to OC kooks, saying they are off, somehow a threat, etc, while proclaiming that you aren't name calling and abusive says much about your character... or lack of it.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Ok, even though I am stepping over the dead horse to point this out, Cabela's policy of not having you unload your weapon in the store if you have a LTCH does not necessary mean that you can have it out in plain sight. Most businesses, and most cops, expect your gun to be out of sight while in public.

I have really tried to avoid getting personal in this discussion. As much as many of you accuse me of trolling, I would posit that YOU are doing that very thing with your hostility and ad hominem attacks.

I think people OC mainly to show off, in my opinion. Or, they are frightened people who try to compensate for that with a big scary gun, thinking it makes them look more macho. I have yet to meet a person with a gun out in the open who wasn't more than a bit off in the head.
    So what you are saying is it is much like the Corvette syndrome?.? So am I to assume that you have a Desert Eagle 500 at home don't you??? Are you trying to compensate for something?

Just look in this thread, who are the bullies? Who are the ones that are openly hostile? You don't see the CC advocates calling names or being abusive, do you? I wonder why that is....perhaps it speaks volumes as to your core personalities?
    That sir is very funny because I CC and will continue to do so, but at the same time I will stand beside my brothers and sisters of the Gunowner Community to preserve their right to choose if they OC or CC!!!

Am I anti-gun? lol! The people on here who know me in real life would find that funny. However, I am anti-stupidity. Acting like a kook with a gun in public does not help the cause, ladies and gentlemen. You just sow more anti-gun sentiment in non-gun owners. And frankly, just wearing a gun in public makes you look like a kook to most people. They may not be rolling their eyes at you while you're standing at the counter, but they will be while your walking away. Ask yourself, why do I really want to be that guy? What am I gaining here?
    motivator5354766.jpg

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.8%
    80   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes, you are. As dishonest, hypocritical and viral an enemy as your fellow gun carriers Nancy Pelosi and Diane Feinstein.

And I almost always CC. I'm just capable of respecting the rights of others, unlike your ilk.

BTW, calling people who choose to OC kooks, saying they are off, somehow a threat, etc, while proclaiming that you aren't name calling and abusive says much about your character... or lack of it.

Can you be a viral enemy of gun owners when you have a safe full of guns? That's like saying Hugh Hefner is an enemy of hot blondes!

Nice try though. Please lie down before you get dizzy. :D

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I think it's ridiculous to eject a customer that is OC'ing. It's especially stupid to throw out a customer showing no signs of being a threat with a cart full of goods!

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Ok, even though I am stepping over the dead horse to point this out, Cabela's policy of not having you unload your weapon in the store if you have a LTCH does not necessary mean that you can have it out in plain sight. Most businesses, and most cops, expect your gun to be out of sight while in public.
    Do you have any evidence to back up your blanket generalization? Many of us OC in many places and haven't ever come across a cop or a business that said "we expect your gun to be out of sight while in public."
    I have really tried to avoid getting personal in this discussion. As much as many of you accuse me of trolling, I would posit that YOU are doing that very thing with your hostility and ad hominem attacks.

I think people OC mainly to show off, in my opinion. Or, they are frightened people who try to compensate for that with a big scary gun, thinking it makes them look more macho. I have yet to meet a person with a gun out in the open who wasn't more than a bit off in the head. Just look in this thread, who are the bullies? Who are the ones that are openly hostile? You don't see the CC advocates calling names or being abusive, do you? I wonder why that is....perhaps it speaks volumes as to your core personalities?
    I like the way you put those in the same paragraph for us. You should have reversed them though, so it's "asked-answered" instead of "answered-asked."
    Am I anti-gun? lol! The people on here who know me in real life would find that funny. However, I am anti-stupidity. Acting like a kook with a gun in public does not help the cause, ladies and gentlemen. You just sow more anti-gun sentiment in non-gun owners. And frankly, just wearing an exposed gun in public makes you look like a kook to most people. You certainly look like a kook to me, and I'm on your side!
    That just plain doesn't make sense. If you consider us kooks, then you are certainly welcome to change sides.
    The kid at Burger King may not be rolling their eyes at you while you're standing at the counter, but they will be while your walking away. Ask yourself, why do I really want to be that guy? What am I gaining here?
    Most of us who OC have had respectful conversations with people while OCing, even conversations about OCing, in which nobody was called a jackass during the entire conversation. Can you say the same?

*quoted the entire post for the benefit of everybody that has you on ignore

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Most businesses, and most cops, expect your gun to be out of sight while in public.

Wrong.

I think people OC mainly to show off, in my opinion.

Again; wrong. I OC for 3 main reasons.
    • Because in the matter of milliseconds, I don't want to have to flip my shirt up to get to my gun; I'll already be wigging out if I need to draw that quick
    • Deterrant. I don't think criminals are either smart or ballsy. Seeing my gun will most likely make them find somewhere else.
    • Because we can, and if we don't, it's the first right they'll take on the way to banning them altogether.
    Or, they are frightened people who try to compensate for that with a big scary gun, thinking it makes them look more macho. I have yet to meet a person with a gun out in the open who wasn't more than a bit off in the head.

Now you're going to get blasted by a lot of people; and you're being called a troll because you're saying that we're messed up in the head.

I own a business in my community and talk to customers FTF with my gun on hip. Even before I started my own business, I went from $5.15 an hour at a gas station at 18 to earning over $100K as a retail manager in just 5 years. Not because I'm "off in the head", but because I'm pretty damn smart. Because I challenge myself. Because I don't accept the norm. Because I strive to change the way dumb **** goes.

Just look in this thread, who are the bullies? Who are the ones that are openly hostile? You don't see the CC advocates calling names or being abusive, do you?
    No, you don't see us bashing CC'ers because why would we? it's their right just as much as OC is. What we DO see is CC'ers occasionally questioning why OC'ers choose to OC. This is an idiotic debate. It doesn't MATTER why we do. We are allowed, and we are just as big of a proponent of our 2A rights as you are

Am I anti-gun? lol! The people on here who know me in real life would find that funny. However, I am anti-stupidity. Acting like a kook with a gun in public does not help the cause, ladies and gentlemen. You just sow more anti-gun sentiment in non-gun owners. And frankly, just wearing a gun in public makes you look like a kook to most people. They may not be rolling their eyes at you while you're standing at the counter, but they will be while your walking away. Ask yourself, why do I really want to be that guy? What am I gaining here?

Again, we're kooks AND full of stupidity? Dude, you're toast. The herd will follow.

Oh man... If we all CC then what do people think if/when they see a gun. Sheeple are afraid of guns (as has been discussed here MANY times) because they simply are ignorant and don't know better. They associate guns with crime, and you know DAMN well that's not the truth.

And if you want the absolute truth, I INVITE that anti-gun sentiment. I prefer to both educate you and enlighten you on the laws of the land (or the state). I have a nice little packet in my vehicle that will make any anti-gunner change their minds. Articles, links to videos, etc.

As far as why "I want to be that guy" it's simple; I don't want ignorant people such as you talking to them first. I'd rather them get the info from me vs. jaded views from someone who simply doesn't respect the rights of your fellow gun owners.

I can't believe this kind of post... I'm probably as pissed right now as Scutter is at Cabela's.. Questioning a fellow gun owner who chooses to exercise their right by OC'ing is the dumbest thing, period. Dot dot. End of story.

How about this? Why are you such a sissy who has to hide his gun? Are you afraid of the boogeyman coming for you first? Are you afraid of what others might think of you (total strangers I might add).

This **** makes me sick.... CC or OC - I don't give a ****; JUST FREAKING CARRY!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Scutter,

Not to suggest that you did anything wrong, but my preference in that situation would have been to demand that she bring out the store manager and clear up the issue. While I understand that you want to vote with your dollars, I would rather watch the idiot be schooled in front of her manager and then be able to continue shopping in peace. I do understand that sometimes it's best to leave before you explode, so I commend you for that reason.

If we boycott every store that has a bad employee who breaks company policy, we will run out of stores to shop at. This is particularly true with niche stores. Further, if I know that Cabela's has what I want, but I force myself to go elsewhere, I now have the additional burden plus the crappy employee is allowed to go around insulting customers.

YMMV.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.8%
    80   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I own a business in my community and talk to customers FTF with my gun on hip. Even before I started my own business, I went from $5.15 an hour at a gas station at 18 to earning over $100K as a retail manager in just 5 years. Not because I'm "off in the head", but because I'm pretty damn smart. Because I challenge myself. Because I don't accept the norm. Because I strive to change the way dumb **** goes.

Open carrying in your place of business as a security measure? Sounds like a great plan. They do it in gun stores and liquor stores. You are acting in an official capacity, you are protecting people in your place of business, and yourself from robbery. You are also the king of your castle.

At Burger King, you're a guest in their house, and you're just showing off, IMO. ;)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Scutter,

Not to suggest that you did anything wrong, but my preference in that situation would have been to demand that she bring out the store manager and clear up the issue.

In retrospect, I wish I had. However, at the time, I was just angry and didn't want to say or do anything to exacerbate the issue. I decided I would leave and follow up with letters later on.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Open carrying in your place of business as a security measure? Sounds like a great plan. They do it in gun stores and liquor stores. You are acting in an official capacity, you are protecting people in your place of business, and yourself from robbery. You are also the king of your castle.

At Burger King, you're a guest in their house, and you're just showing off, IMO. ;)

Again; ignorance. You don't know my business. My business isn't a storefront. I work out in the community. OC all day, regardless of who is in my presence.

And I'm not a guest of ANYONE while I'm in their business. I'm a patron, and a patron who follows the law. The business works for the customer; not the other way around.

But I can agree with one thing; I agree it's showing off, in this regard:

I'm "showing off" that I'm armed. Don't f**k with me, because you can SEE I'm willing to protect myself and everyone else around me from your idiotic criminal activity.

But since you've gone on about OC'ers, I'll end with this. You're just showing that you're a slight step up from the sheeple by CC'ing. You're afraid. You're a coward. And you can't stand that Susie Soccer Mom might be scared of you. I, on the other hand like Susie Soccer Mom being scared of what she knows nothing about. If she wants to take the initiative to become educated, I'll be more than happy to talk to her. If not, run Susie run! And while she's running, I'll continue shopping.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    IGNORE FEATURE 101

At the top of the page, click "UserCP", then on the left side of the page click "Edit Ignore List." Type in the name of the irritating user and click "Okay."

This is the key to peaceful INGO-surfing!! Please, for God's sake, DONT feed the trolls. It's not complicated, just IGNORE them!

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    IGNORE FEATURE 101

At the top of the page, click "UserCP", then on the left side of the page click "Edit Ignore List." Type in the name of the irritating user and click "Okay."

This is the key to peaceful INGO-surfing!! Please, for God's sake, DONT feed the trolls. It's not complicated, just IGNORE them!

Sorry, no can do. I would never "ignore" someone. I want to see what everyone writes. I just got a conversation piece with my wife that I might not have gotten had he been on my ignore list. I now get to talk with my wife for the next 10-15 minutes about yet another person's ignorance in this world.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.8%
    80   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Again; ignorance. You don't know my business. My business isn't a storefront. I work out in the community. OC all day, regardless of who is in my presence.

And I'm not a guest of ANYONE while I'm in their business. I'm a patron, and a patron who follows the law. The business works for the customer; not the other way around.

But I can agree with one thing; I agree it's showing off, in this regard:

I'm "showing off" that I'm armed. Don't f**k with me, because you can SEE I'm willing to protect myself and everyone else around me from your idiotic criminal activity.

Wow, sounds like a good strategy. Let's assume I am an armed criminal, with a concealed weapon. I decide to rob you. How hard is it to wait for you to turn your back and then shoot you? Thanks for letting me know you're armed in advance so I can work around it.

Ever hear of someone robbing a bank with a guard working there? Or rob a Brinks truck? What is the first thing that happens?

The armed guard is shot or disarmed. Game over.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Let's keep this on track and civil. People have different opinions, whether others think they are right or wrong. I don't mind people disagreeing, but be careful when you start associating that with ignorance (on either side).

Besides, this thread isn't even about OC vs. CC, right? :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Sorry, no can do. I would never "ignore" someone. I want to see what everyone writes. I just got a conversation piece with my wife that I might not have gotten had he been on my ignore list. I now get to talk with my wife for the next 10-15 minutes about yet another person's ignorance in this world.

I concur. I invite everyone to continue to have a civil conversation and debate. Ignoring someone who's opinion you disagree with is just close-minded.

On that note, the debate has again drifted into OC vs CC which doesn't really belong in this thread. It has also degenerated into name-calling again ("troll" is a name...). Since I can't seem to keep the thread on track regarding OC, please at least keep it civil.

Thanks!

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.8%
    80   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    But since you've gone on about OC'ers, I'll end with this. You're just showing that you're a slight step up from the sheeple by CC'ing. You're afraid. You're a coward. And you can't stand that Susie Soccer Mom might be scared of you. I, on the other hand like Susie Soccer Mom being scared of what she knows nothing about. If she wants to take the initiative to become educated, I'll be more than happy to talk to her. If not, run Susie run! And while she's running, I'll continue shopping.

As to this point: many years ago, I was taking a self-defense class. They were teaching hand to hand knife fighting that day, and the instructor asked one of us to show how we think we should hold a knife in a defense posture. The kid stuck his arm out in classic West Side Story fashion, waving it in front of him.

The instructor said, "your mistake is that the knife is now your identity, your opponent sees the threat and can counter it." He then showed various techniques where the knife has held in ways where it's sudden appearance would be both surprising and effective.

Fear has nothing to do with my decision to not open carry. It's bad tactics, it's illogical, it draws to much attention. You choose to protect your rights by scaring soccer moms in Walmart? I don't feel the need to scare anyone. I am confident knowing I can defend myself.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

Actually, corporate policy states that you can carry in accordance with state law. State law says that you can carry openly. Therefore corporate policy states that you can open carry. That was verified by my telephone conversation with the firearms manager at the specific store that is the topic of this thread.

Am I anti-gun? lol!

You may not be anti-gun but you aren't as pro-gun as you think you are.

I would never say that you can't state your opinion or engage in lively debate, but be prepared to get a bunch of crap from some members if you stand you ground in not completely agreeing with the groupthink. You'll need a thick skin.

Good luck.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The thing that ticked me off the most is I didn't get my two Cabela's sweatshirts. They are the softest sweatshirts ever and I had two of them in hand. Sigh...

OH, I just remembered I didn't get my fudge either...sigh...

We drove 130 miles to get to Cabelas and then another 130 miles back. There were people from Michigan and Illinois there. It just amazes me that they would treat people like this that would come that far to go to their store. We had a lot of merchandise in our hands and just sat them all down right there where the girl was and left. She then called the AP or someone as we were leaving and she said we were unhappy. (meaning disgruntled so keep an eye on them or something bad may happen). That part ticked me off even more.

Sigh.. I didn't even make it to the second floor to have some of the buffalo. Yes, I liked the store up until yesterday. Obviously, or we wouldn't have driven so far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom