• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Um, you guys know he reads this forum, right?
    So...

He obviously doesn't care if he pisses anyone else off, so why should anybody worry about him getting butthurt...

It's a two way street. The difference is that we don't try to make an income off our public image and yet we can still have an intelligent, civil and fair discussion...

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Yeager could proly kick 95% of the INGO members' arses without much difficulty.
    Whether you like him or not.
    Not judging by the level of output I saw in his TV show appearance...:popcorn:

I know there are several active duty combat arms guys, several recently separated, and several of those who spend a good amount on martial arts training/study. That's a HUGE assumption based on the only fact that one of the involved wants to put out videos for marketing.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Yeager could proly kick 95% of the INGO members' arses without much difficulty.

So if a person is born with an eggshell skull or some other physical problem (maybe they are just smaller and weaker) that is supposed to mean something?

Since when did we succumb to the law of the jungle?

What kind of person are you, anyway? Certainly not one who knows how to spell 'probably.'

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just put that since it always seems like he is the one posting yeager videos. I guess my "tone" wasn't joking enough. That or I"m to new to bust balls...
    Not meaning to offend anyone.

I don't look at the date anyone joined. I'm just making it clear that he didn't send the shirt and I'm sure no one was offended.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So...

He obviously doesn't care if he pisses anyone else off, so why should anybody worry about him getting butthurt...

It's a two way street. The difference is that we don't try to make an income off our public image and yet we can still have an intelligent, civil and fair discussion...

This is hilarious. Yeah, the guy may read the forum, but I doubt he would ever admit to it. If you look at his most recent videos, they are lacking the bravado, bad language and name calling. Is that a result of feedback from many of us? I'm not sure, but I will give him credit for the change, whether intentional or not.

That two way street to which you refer, is it only for James or us too? I've probably called him out just as much as anyone for his tone and the way he called out a member on this forum, but what is there to say about his latest videos? To keep bringing up the same thing whenever the opportunity arises doesn't seen to be fair, especially when there has been an obvious change (at least for now), does it?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    This is hilarious. Yeah, the guy may read the forum, but I doubt he would ever admit to it. If you look at his most recent videos, they are lacking the bravado, bad language and name calling. Is that a result of feedback from many of us? I'm not sure, but I will give him credit for the change, whether intentional or not.

That two way street to which you refer, is it only for James or us too? I've probably called him out just as much as anyone for his tone and the way he called out a member on this forum, but what is there to say about his latest videos? To keep bringing up the same thing whenever the opportunity arises doesn't seen to be fair, especially when there has been an obvious change (at least for now), does it?
    It applies to both. Hence, "two way" street. I haven't viewed his "latest" videos though, so I can't really speak much on that. Maybe he has learned some from this site's members, and maybe he hasn't.

If it weren't for his attitude and horrible representation of the gun community in the public eye, I would have no problem with him personally as long as he passes his information along appropriately.

ie not bashing members of the community for their choice and rather explaining pros and cons to both and why HE prefers one thing over another. Condemning one method choice of anything which is not supported with verifiable evidence is a bit irresponsible for one who's SUPPOSED to be a "professional" in the industry.

If you're sharing FACT, say that it is fact and here's the evidence. If it is your opinion/preference, explain that and why it is so. But, don't discount those who choose to disagree. They likely have experience that can support their reasoning as well and simply passing that off as though it doesn't matter and only "you" do is anything but professional.

Outside of that, the swearing I could personally care less about. I don't get offended easily, BUT majority of gun community has conservative views and thus likely don't care for it. Some of what he puts out is good stuff. A lot of it is "common sense" and leaves me thinking "duh" but I understand that not everyone has had equivalent training/experience to everyone else. There is value to his training and he does put out good info. He just hasn't been doing it appropriately. Perhaps if he HAS "turned over a new leaf" he will be on my "to recommend" list. Time will tell.

If he's conducting himself better in more recent videos, then good. Hopefully, he will keep that up. The gun community has simply had enough enemies and gets enough bad press to NOT need one of our own adding to that fire.

Last edited:

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Cliffs Notes version for those of us who have been largely ignoring most of anything that has "Yeager" in the title? I tried watching one of his videos but couldn't get past the ego, language, and poor production.

:yesway: I agree. Me, I'm sick of hearing about this guy. He is not the end all know all.

Last edited:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    So what does physical strength have to do with anything unless someone is trying to intimidate other people? Unless it is nothing but a peepee size issue.

Someone can be as big and badass as they want, but all that will do is land them in jail.

I can probably do a bunch of things better but that too is irrelevant, so I'm not sure why you bring it up unless you admire bamfs.

For someone who is so anti-violent you sure throw around a lot of insults.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

I never said I was anti-violence. Violence is useful to defend oneself against violence and if someone physically attacks me I fight back in whatever manner it takes to end the situation. If you and I were having a face to face discussion and you were obviously someone whose ass I could kick, it would never occur to me to try to do so based on an exchange of insults. I got past that in 5th grade.

The whole attitude of "I'm going to kick your ass because you called me a name" is both immature and likely to cause the insultee more problems in the long run. If you feel insulted by my saying this then you may want to examine why.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    See, while I agree with the sentiment, this is why we can't have real discussions and get threads closed

OK I'm sorry I just was giving the cliff notes version of the proper way of saying it listed below. Thanks to you both! :yesway:

From SHIBUMISEEKER
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mackey View Post
    I never said I was anti-violence. Violence is useful to defend oneself against violence and if someone physically attacks me I fight back in whatever manner it takes to end the situation. If you and I were having a face to face discussion and you were obviously someone whose ass I could kick, it would never occur to me to try to do so based on an exchange of insults. I got past that in 5th grade.

The whole attitude of "I'm going to kick your ass because you called me a name" is both immature and likely to cause the insultee more problems in the long run. If you feel insulted by my saying this then you may want to examine why.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I believe the mature non aggressive "professional" JY refers to the part I highlighted in bold as "beating someone into a pancake" because he does'nt like their particular posting style when they are referring to him on an internet forum which means absolutely squat in the grand scheme of things.

Bottom line IMO is if he wants respect he should act like he is deserving of that respect.

Top Bottom