• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The point of my thread was that he keeps instigating the whole negativity. He ran away and left someone to bleed out instead of laying down suppressive fire so that the injured could be drug to the ditch he ran to and provided care.

Perhaps the thing is different for mercs instead of military, but I'm fairly certain that military has differing protocol that just CYOA, or perhaps I have a medics mentality.

He keeps trashtalking against internet commandos, yet he seems to forget HE is the one calling everyone out.

I've read the ER AAR, and watched the video.

I've drawn my own conclusions, and perhaps that is why he is no longer working as a mercenary.

My problem is that he keeps wanting someone to come down and try to "whoop him", a good fighter knows how to avoid fighting, and will finish one when they have to. IMHO he's not a good fighter; and is definitely not a person that I would take lessons from as I'm slowly learning his personality.

The people I would want to teach me, are the same people I wouldn't mind fighting along side of. And as for him, I will leave it that I don't think he would be beside me/us very long.

:)

I wantto rep you but I was depleted late yesterday in this thread. Someone please get me....

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    The point of my thread was that he keeps instigating the whole negativity. He ran away and left someone to bleed out instead of laying down suppressive fire so that the injured could be drug to the ditch he ran to and provided care.

Perhaps the thing is different for mercs instead of military, but I'm fairly certain that military has differing protocol that just CYOA, or perhaps I have a medics mentality.

He keeps trashtalking against internet commandos, yet he seems to forget HE is the one calling everyone out.

I've drawn my own conclusions, and perhaps that is why he is no longer working as a mercenary.

My problem is that he keeps wanting someone to come down and try to "whoop him", a good fighter knows how to avoid fighting, and will finish one when they have to. IMHO he's not a good fighter; and is definitely not a person that I would take lessons from as I'm slowly learning his personality.

The people I would want to teach me, are the same people I wouldn't mind fighting along side of. And as for him, I will leave it that I don't think he would be beside me/us very long.

Well put.

Oh and bump to get us past the crazy long page :D

EDIT: got beat to it

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    so, reading the report, the expert freaked, couldn't figure out how to get the car out of park, then before gaining fire suppression/superiority disengaged.

Basically, he did what any "normal" person would have done..... panicked. I can't fault him for that action because I can't say I wouldn't have freaked the **** out too. BUT....I don't tell everyone how I'm a BAMF who's "been there" and expect everyone to bow to me.

Basically, he's just a regular guy with a self image problem he's trying to address by making videos and acting like a BAMF.
    I can agree with your assessment here. I think what JY really needs is a good dose of humility and to stop engaging in unnecessary flame fanning and get on with the business of being a true professional trainer that I would consider to be someone worthy of my respect.

Until that time I'm afraid he will continue to receive the flack whenever his name is mentioned, not only here but from a lot of other outlets as well.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I can agree with your assessment here. I think what JY really needs is a good dose of humility and to stop engaging in unnecessary flame fanning and get on with the business of being a true professional trainer that I would consider to be someone worthy of my respect.

Until that time I'm afraid he will continue to receive the flack whenever his name is mentioned, not only here but from a lot of other outlets as well.
    :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway: YEP

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

Now, the real question that I know many here will be thinking is that while you don't think he's a good fighter...does his level of training and lessons he's learned "from real life" make him NOT credible to teach in this realm?!?!

Some people would have you believe that you need ONLY an ability to teach. Others would contest that you need extensive training/knowledge in what you teach. Others even propose that one must have ACTUAL "real life" experience in what they are teaching.

So, how do these logics correlate to this quoted statement?!? He's BEEN shot at, has training, etc. Does that mean he CANNOT/should not teach?!? Does it or does it not ruin his credibility in certain areas of instruction?!?! Just because he "had been there done that" does that mean he's any GOOD at it, or just lucky?!?

I'm just playing with the situation here, but I find that many people wish to validate credibility for their own favorite instructors in some sense. There is no industry standards to date so it's all relative, but if "he sucks at fighting" then how can he teach it credibly?!? Can one not learn from what he may have done wrong in his experience?!?

I think so. You can certainly learn from others mistakes. But not if they don't teach it in that way. He appears to choose to teach as "the terminator", the end all be all can do no wrong am always right guru....whereas his widely known experience doesn't indicate that level of proficiency.

So, I agree that he has brought the harping onto himself. Perhaps, we are starting to see a change in him for the better now. Hopefully, it lasts.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Now, the real question that I know many here will be thinking is that while you don't think he's a good fighter...does his level of training and lessons he's learned "from real life" make him NOT credible to teach in this realm?!?!

Some people would have you believe that you need ONLY an ability to teach. Others would contest that you need extensive training/knowledge in what you teach. Others even propose that one must have ACTUAL "real life" experience in what they are teaching.

So, how do these logics correlate to this quoted statement?!? He's BEEN shot at, has training, etc. Does that mean he CANNOT/should not teach?!? Does it or does it not ruin his credibility in certain areas of instruction?!?! Just because he "had been there done that" does that mean he's any GOOD at it, or just lucky?!?

I'm just playing with the situation here, but I find that many people wish to validate credibility for their own favorite instructors in some sense. There is no industry standards to date so it's all relative, but if "he sucks at fighting" then how can he teach it credibly?!? Can one not learn from what he may have done wrong in his experience?!?

I think so. You can certainly learn from others mistakes. But not if they don't teach it in that way. He appears to choose to teach as "the terminator", the end all be all can do no wrong am always right guru....whereas his widely known experience doesn't indicate that level of proficiency.

So, I agree that he has brought the harping onto himself. Perhaps, we are starting to see a change in him for the better now. Hopefully, it lasts.

Bolded the part I think needs to be addressed and I agree. You can't have video evidence of you not being a BAMF and still try to act like the end-all-be-all BAMF and not expect a lot of ****. Just my :twocents:

<--- is looking at training in the next 6 months (hopefully).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    unclejamessyrup.jpg

Top Bottom