• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Funny thing about being a BAMF, there is always someone bigger and badder. In James Yeager's case, it was a couple uneducated, third world people who couldn't effectively hit the broad side of a barn (or a manual transmission, I'm not sure).

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Funny thing about being a BAMF, there is always someone bigger and badder. In James Yeager's case, it was a couple uneducated, third world people who couldn't effectively hit the broad side of a barn (or a manual transmission, I'm not sure).
    What kind of a man does it take to put out such a "BAMF image" to make an income from it, when members of your previous team lost their lives. Yeah, that's honorable. :rolleyes:

If I was one of those guys, I'd be haunting his a$$ for how he is acting. I'd like to think ANY vet would feel the same way.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Never heard of him

Prior to my hanging around INGO, I'd never heard of the guy. I watched one of his videos. The net result was I found him beyond goofy and assume those who post his videos think he's as BAMF as he does. If you posted his video intending to make light of it, OK. Otherwise.........:dunno:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Sadly there are many of them out there.

I'm one of the most experienced people in my area of expertise and I teach a lot and have other people teach under me (I "train the trainers"). But I don't go around promoting myself all the time so I can often slip in "under cover" and it's fun to watch the people who try to name drop the people they trained under, not knowing that those are the people I taught, and I have a pretty good idea of how good an instructor that person is or isn't.

Knowing a subject well is only a small portion of being a good instructor. There's a lot of people teaching out there who know a subject well but who are **** poor instructors. Some of the best instructors I have under me are the people who are only mediocre at the subjects, but who really understand and relate to the students and can get the students to understand at a fundamental level.

Like you said, knowing a subject is one thing, being able to teach is another thing. You have to be able to know and be able to explain to people to get them to learn something. In fact, I have found that when I have to teach something, i end up learning a lot more, because I have to make sure that I can explain something in different ways to different people. You also have to understand the mechanics behind things as well.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Put this in [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5KPr53rSe4[/ame]

Or you tube James runaway yeager for a video. Don't know exactly what happened but its a start.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm starting to understand why the guy acts the way he does.
    To put off a persona and create controversy which sells more classes...

I find it funny how people wish to "support" him or his methods for similar reasons, but then...you don't hear so much complaining about good instructors like Ayoob. Perhaps there is something to that...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    To put off a persona and create controversy which sells more classes...

I find it funny how people wish to "support" him or his methods for similar reasons, but then...you don't hear so much complaining about good instructors like Ayoob. Perhaps there is something to that...

So, what is the something to that? I wonder why it's so important to run him down? Perhaps there is something to that... This is just getting old to me.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    So, what is the something to that? I wonder why it's so important to run him down? Perhaps there is something to that... This is just getting old to me.
    It will die out....if people LET IT

Continuously posting more/new videos of him stirring further controversy...isn't allowing for that

Personally, I wouldn't share videos of supposed "professionals" if it involved them "harassing" or otherwise being so derogatory/condescending to over half of my population/customers/fan base....but, this isn't my site

People don't take well to being talked down to. Especially it it's by someone who's in a position expecting of them to set an appropriate example. So, people will retaliate in a reasonable manner (run him down). It's merely human nature, particularly that of those with the "sheepdog/wolf" mentality, to defend yourself and way of life. His talking down to certain people is, in a sense, "backing them into a corner."

My point was that Ayoob doesn't insult people and talk down to them. He is well respected for his work and well known and yet he didn't need to stir controversy or otherwise insult half the community in order to make a living at it. Neither did the late Mr. Gomez. It seems only the "experts" coming from TR follow this mantra. I presume from what I've been able to observe, this is because they cater to younger crowd (in marketing) with no "real world" experience who thinks it makes them look like a BAMF.

I think most people agree that respect is earned, not granted. He seems to TRY very hard at doing the opposite of earning it. But again, that's because of his target market.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    All I know is that I'd not paid any attention to him until some folks kept posting videos of him here ad nauseum. Looking at a couple of those videos pretty well turned me off to him and I can't call him professional based on those. And then seeing how he throws tantrums and makes threats at people on his facebook site, well, this ignorant civilian can't help but give some credence to those folks who claim he's a shameless self-promoter, and I seriously question his qualifications as an instructor. Again, based solely on how he presents himself since that's my only contact with him prior to his sudden appearance on this site. I'm not going to "run him down," but he doesn't have my respect based on how he's presented himself. For whatever little that's worth to anyone.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    All I know is that I'd not paid any attention to him until some folks kept posting videos of him here ad nauseum. Looking at a couple of those videos pretty well turned me off to him and I can't call him professional based on those. And then seeing how he throws tantrums and makes threats at people on his facebook site, well, this ignorant civilian can't help but give some credence to those folks who claim he's a shameless self-promoter, and I seriously question his qualifications as an instructor. Again, based solely on how he presents himself since that's my only contact with him prior to his sudden appearance on this site. I'm not going to "run him down," but he doesn't have my respect based on how he's presented himself. For whatever little that's worth to anyone.
    I especially like how he deletes posts on his pages of anyone who doesn't agree with him or calls him out. Such an honorable way to ensure your self-righteousness to everyone else. :rolleyes:

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    I had not heard of him either. No wish to speak ill of the dude as I don't know him or what happened. Beyond that I don't much care if he thinks he's a bad dude or not, its just neither here nor there to me to be honest. But I would think that if your gonna put yourself in the public eye intentionally and your teaching people things concerning life and death issues with firearms and the subject of battle and fighting then you should be 100% duty bound to answer to your own actions in the same area that your teaching others. Again, I'm not against this guy but it pertains exactly to what he is teaching and has taught to supposedly hundreds or thousands of people.
    Is wanna know from someone that's training me.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I first heard of him when he was posting vids of his students doing SAS-style "live people downrange live fire" drills. While there certainly is a very limited valid use of such drills, I've always thought that publicizing them as a generally acceptable practice to be reckless and stupid. It just begs for people to get killed.

Nothing I've seen since has lifted my opinion of him in any way. In fact, the opposite has generally been true.

Joe

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom