• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    Hehe. Everything is under contro - hahahahaha, could not even type that without laughing.

In Ohio:

Two Solon schools closed Thursday due to Ebola concerns | fox8.com

“Solon Middle School and Parkside Elementary School will be closed tomorrow, Thursday, October 16, as a precaution. We learned today that an SMS staff member traveled home from Dallas on Frontier Airlines Tuesday on a different flight, but perhaps the same aircraft, as the Texas nurse with Ebola."

A link at the end of that article states that another school in Cleveland is also closed today for the same

Last edited:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    In Ohio:

“Solon Middle School and Parkside Elementary School will be closed tomorrow, Thursday, October 16, as a precaution. We learned today that an SMS staff member traveled home from Dallas on Frontier Airlines Tuesday on a different flight, but perhaps the same aircraft, as the Texas nurse with Ebola."

A link at the end of that article states that another school in Cleveland is also closed today for the same

1413427531297.gif

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    In Ohio:

...and
    BELTON, Texas (AP) - A Central Texas school district has temporarily closed three of its campuses after two of its students traveled on the same flight as a nurse who has since been diagnosed with Ebola.
    3 Texas schools close due to Ebola concerns - Washington Times

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It's much more serious than that, he cut a fundraising trip short to do it.:n00b:

If he cancels his next tee time, I'm headin for the bunker.:nailbite:

Let's not go crazy here. Canceling a fundraiser is one thing, golf something else entirely. At this point he is just raising money for other Dems, not himself. The other Dems have been refusing to hang out with him in public behaving like ungrateful biatches.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Time will tell, but my money is on no additional infections from nurse Vinson's idiotic return flight to Dallas. If it's true her ONLY symptom was a low grade fever, it's unlikely, she was shedding enough virus to pass it on.

That said, it don't cost nothin to close a few schools. It is a safe decision that demonstrates an abundance of caution, with no real downside. Why are two school systems, one in Ohio, one in Texas, better at managing this situation than the Dear Leader and the CDC?

What was the downside in telling nurse Vinson to stay in Cleveland and arranging her transport to the Cleveland Clinic, one of the top 5 hospitals on the planet?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Since she knowingly flew with a fever after tending to an Ebola patient...how many charges of reckless endangerment should that be? I'm thinking a lot of them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since she knowingly flew with a fever after tending to an Ebola patient...how many charges of reckless endangerment should that be? I'm thinking a lot of them.

The Administration is lying to the People about how Ebola is transmitted, simple as that. If Rick Perry can be indicted over a veto, can Obama be indicted for criminally negligent homicide for every American who dies of Ebola? Play their game.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    For the nurse? None. She knew enough to be concerned and called the CDC multiple times asking for advice. The failure in this case is with the CDC.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    For the nurse? None. She knew enough to be concerned and called the CDC multiple times asking for advice. The failure in this case is with the CDC.

^^^This^^^^

While you can question her judgement for leaving Dallas in the first place, she played by the rules. She was self monitoring for symptoms and called CDC right away when she ran a fever.

The CDC dropped the ball... again.

If it was deemed to be best for her to return to Dallas, at the very least, why not send a CDC plane to get her?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

I can't see the pics, but if you're referring to the ones showing nurse Vinson being transported by CDC workers in bunny suits and a casually dressed dude with a clipboard looking on, my guess is that dude has forgotten more about infectious disease protocols than you and me will ever know.

While the CDC leadership continues to prove it's incompetence, it's people with boots on the ground are pretty good at what they do.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    The CDC dropped the ball... again.

The implication being that CDC ever intended for the ball not to be dropped.

Government wants this to spread. This much is obvious to anyone paying attention. Government, if it truly wanted to try to stop this, has the authority of the State and is well-familiar with standard isolation procedures. We implemented a sweeping travel ban against Israel as a punitive measure, but won't implement a small one against 5,000 people/month during a time of emergent crisis? Government wants this to spread. Truly, government needs this to spread in order to garner the additional power it wants. Things must get worse before things shall get better, thus spake government. They. Want. This. To. Spread.

f02.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This much is obvious to anyone paying attention.

No, it's obvious to anyone who wants or needs to believe it. You may very well be right. I have no doubt about our .gov's ambivalence, bordering on hostility, towards us.

What I doubt very much is their competence. :dunno:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    The implication being that CDC ever intended for the ball not to be dropped.

Government wants this to spread. This much is obvious to anyone paying attention. Government, if it truly wanted to try to stop this, has the authority of the State and is well-familiar with standard isolation procedures. We implemented a sweeping travel ban against Israel as a punitive measure, but won't implement a small one against 5,000 people/month during a time of emergent crisis?

What "they" want, I don't know. But a travel ban from a few countries will do no good. The cat is out of the bag and already having kittens; neutering the original tomcat now doesn't change that.

If the unexpected happens, such as a fellow passenger of the Ebola-infected nurse becoming infected, we have a grave problem. In that case, you are looking at global shutdown and economic disaster as well as the outbreak itself. But most likely the virus isn't that transmissible in the early stage of the disease.

I think that as long as we have global travel, we are going to continue to see sporadic cases in Europe and the US. The question for a few months is whether they can be handled appropriately in the healthcare system (ie enough well-prepared facilities with experienced staff and a solid plan including waste disposal).

Meanwhile, the disease has to be controlled where the virus is prone to spreading: in the epicenters in Africa. I do think we are correct to send medical help including trained service members. The UK is doing the same. I question whether they can contain this as they have in the past (with treatment). I'm thinking they'll need the vaccine. But either way we'll more likely know in months how things are going.

The faster this spreads, the bigger our economic problems. Governments don't really like to destroy the economy. They run out of stuff to take, and they have a lot more angry people on their hands.

If the virus stays under control and largely out of the US the government may come out looking good though.

I don't think the school closings are "the right thing" in terms of disease control. A more logical approach would be to set up a 30-day home schooling/Skype connection for the students who were on the plane with the infected nurse. They are probably closing to answer to parental fears.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    No, it's obvious to anyone who wants or needs to believe it. You may very well be right. I have no doubt about our .gov's ambivalence, bordering on hostility, towards us.

What I doubt very much is their competence. :dunno:

I too very much doubt their competence - it's obvious that they're exercising very little, even if they do possess it. Besides, what's new here? Government has desired more powers since 2001 - and by and large, it has received almost everything for which it has pleaded. This latest near-calamity just provides even more rationale for the people to clamor to give goverment the powers it has wanted for more than a decade now:

The Model State Emergency Health Powers Act: An Assault on Civil Liberties in the Name of Homeland Security

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

ghuns;5357973 While you can question her judgement for leaving Dallas in the first place said:
    The thing about this that absolutely blows my mind is the idiotic , caviler manner this situation has been dealt with all across the board .

For the record I'm nobody's "expert" on infectious diseases but I have had some training and I do blame the Dr's and nurses in Dallas .

The nurses union spokeswoman has been on the news saying the " nurses aren't trained and don't have the proper equipment to deal with this " , BS ! Until you definitively know what it isn't and can't do , treat it like it's the worst thing ever .

These folks are supposed to be highly educated and intelligent .

IMO a whole lotta common sense got missed here and it shouldn't take the CDC to hold their hands and walk them through it .

They knew the dude was from Africa and non nonchalantly sent him home , their " spidy sense" should've been blowing up .

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So, being trained in firearms, it's now okay to take someone else's word for a gun being unloaded? I no longer have a responsibility to act responsibly? The CDC said it was okay...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So, being trained in firearms, it's now okay to take someone else's word for a gun being unloaded? I no longer have a responsibility to act responsibly? The CDC said it was okay...

You know enough about firearms, I assume, to know that you trust no one else's judgement for that. Did the nurse know enough about Ebola to question the judgement of the CDC, the supposed authority on infectious disease?

Top Bottom