• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not sure how true as i just heard this on the radio. But obama was said to have kisses l a staffer on the check that was part of the tream that treated the Dallas guy that died.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    A different hospital in Texas just locked down.This one is in Amaillo.
    Update: BSA on Lockdown Because of a Patient with Ebola-Like Symptoms - Myhighplains.com - Powered by KAMR NBC4 and KCIT FOX14
    [h=1]Update: BSA on Lockdown Because of a Patient with Ebola-Like Symptoms[/h]http://www.newschannel10.com/story/26797642/breaking-patient-with-ebola-like-symptoms-prompts-lock-down-at-bsa
    Amarillo, TX - The Emergency Room at BSA hospital is on lock-down after a patient showed possible high-risk symptoms for Ebola.
    The patient tells officials he has come into contact with a person who has been to Africa.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not sure how true as i just heard this on the radio. But obama was said to have kisses l a staffer on the check that was part of the tream that treated the Dallas guy that died.

Read that, as well. He apparently "hugged, kissed, and shook hands" with Dallas hospital workers.

I'd say it's BS, probably just to divert attention

harrna02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    columbia city
    There does not seem to be reliable data on an average/mean/typical time from exposure to symptomatic/contagious. What I have seen described is that it takes at least 2 days from the time of exposure and is resolved by 21 days.

Basically, there is a 3 week period after exposure in which someone may start showing symptoms and become contagious. That's why they quarantine people for that long.[/
    thanks for the clarification. Still, that doesn't sound much better. Leave it to the media to put it in the worst possible terms in rider to get headlines! don't get me wrong, this issue deserves attention, the media just seems to always put their "twist" on things

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I feel I need to link this again, because it sort of dismantles this thread.

[video=youtube;Z2KBfynW09I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2KBfynW09I[/video]

rare moment of sincerity and integrity in journalism.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    A different hospital in Texas just locked down.This one is in Amaillo.
    Update: BSA on Lockdown Because of a Patient with Ebola-Like Symptoms - Myhighplains.com - Powered by KAMR NBC4 and KCIT FOX14
    Update: BSA on Lockdown Because of a Patient with Ebola-Like Symptoms

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/...-ebola-like-symptoms-prompts-lock-down-at-bsa
    Amarillo, TX - The Emergency Room at BSA hospital is on lock-down after a patient showed possible high-risk symptoms for Ebola.
    The patient tells officials he has come into contact with a person who has been to Africa.

My friend works at that hospital and said they quickly decided this patient just had the flu.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    If we're gonna spiral out of control, let's really spiral out of control.

Bracken: When Ferguson Meets Ebola | Western Rifle Shooters Association

I read that yesterday. While not very PC, I think it's one realistic analysis of what things might look like in the urban areas when we have a real epidemic. As we've said upthread (or in one of the other Ebola threads?) it may be a different infection, but our population is ripe for some type of epidemic. The urban centers will be hit hard, and are also most dependent on just-in-time shipping, which is going to be affected by even minor work slowdowns or small quarantine areas.

As far as this specific prediction, just take a look at what has happened already. Jesse Jackson was trying to incite racial outrage. It didn't appear to gain any traction, at least.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    [h=2]The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reportedly told Amber Joy Vinson, the second nurse at the Texas hospital that treated Thomas Eric Duncan to come down with Ebola, that it was okay for her to fly even after she told the CDC that she had a low-grade fever.[/h] On Wednesday, CBS News Medical Correspondent Dr. John LaPook reported that "Vinson called the CDC several times before boarding the plane concerned about her fever and was told she was OK to board."
    Someone needs to lose their job.
    Report: CDC Told Nurse Who Contracted Ebola She Could Board Plane with Low-Grade Fever

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Good god.

https://twitter.com/FOX4/status/522533796147511296

CDC officials confirm to FOX 4 they told Ebola patient Amber Vinson it was OK for her to fly Monday, even w/ a low grade fever.

What the ****. Look forward to the CDC Director being "forced to resign" in 2015. Easy scapegoat for this incompetence.

Breitbart confirms:

Report: CDC Told Nurse Who Contracted Ebola She Could Board Plane with Low-Grade Fever

They. Want. This. To. Spread. If Ebola is rapidly contained, government cannot fully utilize this crisis-opportunity to seize even more power, which would defeat the purpose.

It used to be in ancient Japan that whenever someone important royally screwed up, he at least had the decency to disembowel himself with his sword. Tom Frieden should really look into that.

1371509632778.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am posting a video about a flight from Sanfransico to Tampa on October 10th.A passenger of African decent who did not speak English threw up on other passengers on the plane,after landing the sick passenger walked off the plane and is now somewhere in Florida.The man just got off the plane and walked out of the airport.
    [video=youtube;SUYbGrKU_bw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUYbGrKU_bw#t=126[/video]

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I am posting a video about a flight from Sanfransico to Tampa on October 10th.A passenger of African decent who did not speak English threw up on other passengers on the plane,after landing the sick passenger walked off the plane and is now somewhere in Florida.The man just got off the plane and walked out of the airport.

Hehe. Everything is under contro - hahahahaha, could not even type that without laughing.

Laughing-at-work1.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    POTUS held a cabinet meeting yesterday, so he is really serious now.

It's much more serious than that, he cut a fundraising trip short to do it.:n00b:

If he cancels his next tee time, I'm headin for the bunker.:nailbite:

Top Bottom