• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This is not the time to be complacent about what we "know" or sit back on our protocols and just assume nothing will change.

It's also not the time to head for the bunker.:runaway:

Close, but not just yet. I have seen all the zombie apocalypse movies and we aren't even 10 minutes in yet.;)

The hospital in Dallas had protocols in place for just such an occurrence and effed them up. Hopefully, it's a wake up call for medical care providers to take this ***** seriously. It's no longer an abstract, what if, concept.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Someone needs to make the call to stop travel between these countries. This call should have been made yesterday.

And by "yesterday" I think you mean July 1. Or August 1. Or even September 1.

But, keep in mind, too, dude flew through Belgium. So, wouldn't necessarily have mattered.

I sympathize with many experts who say that travel restrictions hurt the efforts to fight the disease more than they help control the transmission. But, kinda like grounding air traffic over CONUS on 9/11, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Shut. It. Down.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am confused by the whole transmission thing. They say it is spread by bodily fluids including mucus. But they say it can not spread through the air. So if the guy sneezed and spread mucus all over another person, why can't that person get it? Or I have seen (and done so myself) a person have a coughing fit and a chunk of phlegm break loose and go flying in the air. If that hits you in the face, you can't get it? They talk like a damp handshake, then rub the nose might spread it. I don't see a difference in that and the above two.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And by "yesterday" I think you mean July 1. Or August 1. Or even September 1.

But, keep in mind, too, dude flew through Belgium. So, wouldn't necessarily have mattered.

I sympathize with many experts who say that travel restrictions hurt the efforts to fight the disease more than they help control the transmission. But, kinda like grounding air traffic over CONUS on 9/11, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Shut. It. Down.

13,500 US Visas Given To People in Three Ebola Countries | The Daily Caller

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I am confused by the whole transmission thing. They say it is spread by bodily fluids including mucus. But they say it can not spread through the air. So if the guy sneezed and spread mucus all over another person, why can't that person get it? Or I have seen (and done so myself) a person have a coughing fit and a chunk of phlegm break loose and go flying in the air. If that hits you in the face, you can't get it? They talk like a damp handshake, then rub the nose might spread it. I don't see a difference in that and the above two.

Here's what I think: they don't know. They really do not know.

Look at the WHO protocols for the teams that are going out to just MONITOR people who have had contact with a patient. These are people who are asymptomatic - show no signs of the disease. WHO tells its people to maintain 1 meter of separation and not to touch surfaces that the contact people touched.

So, a distance somewhere less than 1 meter gets risky and touching things that have been touched by ebola-carriers has risk. May be a small risk, but it appears to be a risk.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Here's what I think: they don't know. They really do not know.

I'm leaning towards agreeing with you wholeheartedly.

I'm guessing that there hasn't been a whole lot of research done on this virus, given its origin and the remoteness of the past outbreaks.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone suggested that the Ebola "outbreak" starting in Texas, a predominantly red state, is all a conspiracy by the government or something?

Because I'd be surprised if that hadn't been suggested yet.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Has anyone suggested that the Ebola "outbreak" starting in Texas, a predominantly red state, is all a conspiracy by the government or something?

Because I'd be surprised if that hadn't been suggested yet.
    Are you implying that Haliburton may have an Ebola machine? If that's what you are implying, then it's Bush's fault!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh good lord...

Farrakhan - "Whites created Ebola to kill blacks."

There are some people in this world that should not have a stage to expound their ridiculous BS.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    BREAKING: Sister of US Ebola patient: He told hospital he was from Liberia on 1st visit, was sent home.

For **** sake. This is un-****ing-believable.

It's not unbelievable, it is deliberate. Obama wants this to spread. Those in charge want this to spread. Those in charge want mass chaos and panic.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    It's not unbelievable, it is deliberate. Obama wants this to spread. Those in charge want this to spread. Those in charge want mass chaos and panic.

I'm sure the doctors called Barack and told him they had a dude from Liberia with Ebola and Barack said "Awesome, now tell him to go home and make out with as many strangers as he can".

Top Bottom