• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Nope not possible, just a few days ago I read a CDC story saying it was highly unlikely in this country! They must have misdiagnosed the victim of another crazed gun owner!

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    So how many people could have been infected by this guy that are now infecting others?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You know what scares me more than the conventional spread of ebola? It would be if some terrorist group figured out a way to weaponize it. I don't know how possible that is... whether the live virus could survive long enough or not. But if so... well... damn.

No need to make a weapon it, see below...
    Why would they need to weaponize it? If you're willing to die for your cause, just get yourself infected and go press the flesh in public settings.

^This
    Just imagine the level of chaos if you get a handful of people DELIBERATE infected and 2 or 3 go to the NFL games across the country. Think of the movie resident evil and how the virus spreads....

No need to use military force to destabilize the USA. It can be done from within.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Let's get serious for a second, INGO. Real question here.

I know this is one person at the moment... and America is an essentially clean country. It should have a very hard time spreading here.

But I have to ask you, because I've received a non-zero number of comments about the following topic brought up to me:

Do you feel slightly more comfortable right now being a gun owner during this beginning stage of a possible (albeit farfetched) crisis?

I'll hang up and listen to your answers.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    ebola-meme_zps05ea67ef.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Good news: Obama has a plan for dealing with the Ebola outbreak.
    Bad news: It involves apologizing to the disease, referencing Ferguson.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GPIA7R again.

Catch ya later.

ETA:
    Oh yeah. Definitely more comfortable armed.

Also want to say something about keeping this disease contained. The doctors' comments remind me that there is a fine line between confidence and cockiness. There's probably a certain amount of professional pride on the line - if Nigeria and Senegal can keep the disease contained within a relatively short amount of time, then we should be able to also.

There's a good chance we will, too. This time.

But, now the chances go up in Europe, too.

Much will depend on what this patient's activities were and how well they can track down the people he had contact with.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I agree with travel restrictions. Something like this will get worse.
    Get EFFIN real! We as U.S. Citizens can't go 50-60 miles off our southern coast for a freaking cigar, but we can run willy nilly across the dark continent contracting a no cure known virus, where is the sense in that?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I hereby publicly apologize to all those that defended bringing the infected here on purpose! Most of you were right, some dumbass went there, and brought that **** back here! Next time ya'all go to get a passport, take time to notice that you can't go to Cuba for a decent cigar and glass of rum drink legally, but you are "Southwest Airlines free to move about the dark continent" bringing with you all sorts a **** we don't have a pill for!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom