• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Jallah and Yah are careful not to shake the hands of visitors and when someone leaves, they use a sanitizing wipe to turn the doorknob to let the person out.

VISITORS??? Someone might want to tell the folks in Texas what a quarantine entails.

Do they cover their mouths when the pizza guy comes in every evening?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    35,000 a year in the USA from the flu and that is with tons of people getting the vaccine. Maybe we should shoot and then burn anyone with the flu just to make sure. If it saves just one child......

This.

The flu kills. It is only marginally less dangerous than the measles.

Locking up people with the flu would probably ultimately save more lives than locking up Ebola patients.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Dangit - a minute late. (I knew I shouldn't have actually read the article before posting it.) :)

Kinda throws a new wrinkle in things, doesn't it? If he knew he was sick before traveling, then that would mean....

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, if he survives it, and hasn't actually endangered anyone, I'd say let him go. My problem is with the endangerment primarily. I object strenuously to someone exposing me to a deadly disease. If he could be shown to have endangered people, maybe he should be exiled back to where he caught it. I can't imagine a much worse punishment.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    If he could be shown to have endangered people, maybe he should be exiled back to where he caught it. I can't imagine a much worse punishment.

I'm pretty sure that will be the result anyways. It looks like he is not a resident and his visa was only temporary. He's going to be going back... no use tying him up in our court system, sucking up our tax dollars just for some sort of revenge or punishment. Of course if he were a resident, or had a pot to **** in, this would all be different, probably lawsuits, etc...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    So... the Washington Post says this, in detailing the days before Duncan went to the hospital.

For quarantined relatives in U.S. Ebola case, extra cautions, hope and prayer - The Washington Post

That... uh... seems to be a bit different than "only symptomatic people are contagious." Frankly, emphasizing that seems to be burying the lede.

Media say, "Only symptomatic people are contagious and anything they touched."

Oh and speaking of burying the lede, one of the apartment residents who took care of Duncan is.... an overnight nursing assistant.
    well the virus itself may not be transferred to a table top just from casual touch. More than likely it requires the infected to transfer his bodily fluids to the table top. And then someone else to touch those bodily fluids and get them in his system. My guess is the viability of the virus outside of the body is extremely limited and doesn't last long on dry surfaces. As soon as the medium dries, the virus dies, so to speak.

This.

The flu kills. It is only marginally less dangerous than the measles.

Locking up people with the flu would probably ultimately save more lives than locking up Ebola patients.
    Not quite. The lethality of influenza is patient-dependent. Only a select few cohorts are susceptible to dying from influenza. Ebola, on the other hand, is a killer in an of itself.

if the infection rate of Ebola were equal to that of influenza, the mortality rate of Ebola would far exceed the mortality rate of influenza, I would bet

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    well the virus itself may not be transferred to a table top just from casual touch. More than likely it requires the infected to transfer his bodily fluids to the table top. And then someone else to touch those bodily fluids and get them in his system. My guess is the viability of the virus outside of the body is extremely limited and doesn't last long on dry surfaces. As soon as the medium dries, the virus dies, so to speak.

Not quite. The lethality of influenza is patient-dependent. Only a select few cohorts are susceptible to dying from influenza. Ebola, on the other hand, is a killer in an of itself.

if the infection rate of Ebola were equal to that of influenza, the mortality rate of Ebola would far exceed the mortality rate of influenza, I would bet

But unless someone infected with ebola is out licking or bleeding on people the flu is still way more dangerous. 35,000 annually doesnt seem like a select few to me

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For **** sake.

BzCHhGdCcAEbWf3.png:large

Still no travel stoppages. This is dangerous incompetence

So should I buy one pallet or two?

BzCJX4YIIAAT9SB.jpg:large