• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    35,000 a year in the USA from the flu and that is with tons of people getting the vaccine. Maybe we should shoot and then burn anyone with the flu just to make sure. If it saves just one child......

When the same number of people that catch the flu every year catch Ebola, your point will be valid. Until then, let's be thankful more people catch the flu.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh good gawd, no. I'm just not one of the wookiee suiters that thinks .gov can have no valid place in society. If someone comes to my place with an obvious threat like a gun or a knife, I can deal with that. I don't really need state assistance, just someone to fill out the paperwork afterward. If someone comes around with H1N1 or AIDS or ebola, how am I supposed to know, never mind respond? That's as least as much of a violation of my rights, and I'd kinda like to be able to offload some of the labor of protecting that to someone willing and able. I have better things to do. We're just securing the general welfare, here, not sending the ____ to the Konzentrationslagern. If only these wienerheads could be trusted to stick to the subject, but that's a different issue.

I'm going to keep my eye on you. Things could go bad, so let's pray to government to save us? Is that your new motto?

hqdefault.jpg

angelpaul.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, and I do have a case of the good masks, a case of the nitrile gloves, 10 55 gallon drums and some other things for water, a good year's worth of freeze dried food, and lots o boolets.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    A couple of relevant tweets:

Dana Loesch: It’s more difficult to bring a piece of fruit from the Bahamas to the US than it is ebola from outbreak areas.

AmericanGlob: Same people who told you that you can keep your healthcare plan are now saying not to worry about #Ebola.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So the cameraman for Dr. Nancy Snyderman got Ebola. Good thing it is almost impossible to contract this disease.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Does going to a plague area seem like a good idea to ANYONE?

You know.... if I don't climb into the lion exhibit the next time I go to the Indianapolis Zoo my chances of being ripped to bloody rags decreases quite a bit.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, if the gummint doesn't have anything to say about it, it must not be a problem! Yeah, I don't believe that either.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So... the Washington Post says this, in detailing the days before Duncan went to the hospital.
    The virus can be contagious on surfaces from a few hours to a couple days depending on the material and exposure to sunlight.
    For quarantined relatives in U.S. Ebola case, extra cautions, hope and prayer - The Washington Post

That... uh... seems to be a bit different than "only symptomatic people are contagious." Frankly, emphasizing that seems to be burying the lede.

Media say, "Only symptomatic people are contagious and anything they touched."

Oh and speaking of burying the lede, one of the apartment residents who took care of Duncan is.... an overnight nursing assistant.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So... the Washington Post says this, in detailing the days before Duncan went to the hospital.

For quarantined relatives in U.S. Ebola case, extra cautions, hope and prayer - The Washington Post

That... uh... seems to be a bit different than "only symptomatic people are contagious." Frankly, emphasizing that seems to be burying the lede.

Media say, "Only symptomatic people are contagious and anything they touched."

FNC had some dumb ass doctor on that said you could kiss someone with ebola and it likely wouldn't pass the virus... I am really starting to wonder about this huge effort by some in the medical establishment to downplay the risks here.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    FNC had some dumb ass doctor on that said you could kiss someone with ebola and it likely wouldn't pass the virus... I am really starting to wonder about this huge effort by some in the medical establishment to downplay the risks here.

Anyone that believes that should probably die of ebola, Darwin's Law at work.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    This is far worse than the downplaying of AIDS contagion back in the 80s. They would insist it was impossible to pass some way all the way up until someone was proven to have passed it that way. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? Your job is to protect me from this. You are failing. You're doing it on purpose. Why can't I fire you?

Top Bottom